• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Sandfox

Laura is the new Cable confirmed.

My guess before bed: Book is ending but Taylor is writing a All-New All-Different Fantastic Four book spinning out of Ghost Rider.

I think you mean Fantastic Five:

5414349-7+anwann1a.jpg

Foofaraw

Sunspot jumping ship to DC! I'm ok with that!

Are any of the current X-books on MU worth reading? I don't really like Extraordinary X-Men. That Weapon X really got my hopes up, and dashed it with the Land-man.

IST order came in

Omega Men
Batman: Kinghtfall
Shade the Changing Man vol 2
Monster Vol 2.

Need all that 90's Dixon Batman in my veins. I should really pick up the Birds of Prey Vol 2, and Robin Vol 3 just came out. Much excitement.

tim1138

My pull list:
DC (17)
Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Action Comics
Detective Comics
DeathStroke
All Star Batman
New Superman
Superwoman
Teen Titans
Trinity
Midnighter and Apollo
Vigilante Southland
Shade the Changing Girl
Doom Patrol
Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye
Mother Panic

If money wasn't a problem I would add Aquaman, Green Arrow and Nightwing

Image:
Black Monday Murders
Snotgirl

How's that Vigilante mini?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Some good comics next week

Definitely a good week for me. I have 8 books coming out which is like my second biggest week since Secret Wars ended last year.

I also noticed Animosity #1 is getting a 5th printing. I think it's safe to call that one a hit now.

Definitely a good week for me. I have 8 books coming out which is like my second biggest week since Secret Wars ended last year.

I also noticed Animosity #1 is getting a 5th printing. I think it's safe to call that one a hit now.

I still haven't even read #3 despite having bought it. lolololol

Finished rereading volume. 1 of Dial H this evening. Still a really great read, certainly one of the most unique books of the new 52. Really gets going after the first few issues. Reading his novel The Scar right now too.

Finished rereading volume. 1 of Dial H this evening. Still a really great read, certainly one of the most unique books of the new 52. Really gets going after the first few issues. Reading his novel The Scar right now too.
Have you ever read the dial h series before it? It was a while ago and probably hard to track down now but I found it really interesting. The series would bounce from character to character each issue or so

Foofaraw

Speaking of catching up on things, was everyone down on the Monster Men arc on Batman? This stuff is great! Rossomo has a pretty big issue with all the faces looking the same, but I enjoy his style otherwise.

Also, some of the moments in this arc are on point. Spoilers for the most fun bits about the arc.
Clayface as Batman armor, perfect. Batman and Co vs Kaiju, sign me up. Tengu Nightwing, yes please.And, by god, for a second they had me truly believe Batman had turned a few towers in to mecha. He didn't, but watching the Bat Rangers go down those tubes, I really thought a Megazord was in the works. Bravo.

The only downside to this is that it switched gears on 3 books that I really enjoyed to begin with. I guess the ending didn't hit great for me. I also wasn't paying super close attention to the thread in October (was focused on grad school interviews.) Certainly worth a read in trade if you want some dumb fun.

Have you ever read the dial h series before it? It was a while ago and probably hard to track down now but I found it really interesting. The series would bounce from character to character each issue or so

I haven't actually! Very much came to the book for Mieville, and I have little familiarity with DC stuff outside of Batman before the new 52. Who was the writer?

Whoa.

What happened to 'tec? Has the drop in quality been that severe?
What did King do to Batman?
What is the passable book?

I have not had the time to read anything in the past 4 -5 months and your post has me shook!

Always see these much later, sorry. Work!

'Tec was my favorite Rebirth run, right up to the crossover that managed to crush three books. The new arc that just kicked off is regressive story bullshit I've read seventeen times before handled better by better writers. It adds nothing to the Bat universe.

King's Batman has been flawed from the jump and it seems a lot of the reviewing community is finally coming around to that view. Ultimately, what matters is your opinion, so if you liked what you read you'll likely still like it. I think it's an objectively terrible read on the character and what makes him great. What makes him great. What makes him great...

I wouldn't worry about it. Tragic has been pretty anti-Rebirth from the beginning. I think it stems from his jealousy of Tom King's long and illustrious career in the world of international espionage.

You got me. The CIA assassin is my nemesis. Does it hurt your narrative that his Vision run is my book of the year? I can change that to support your post!

Outside of a couple of books, Rebirth could be named Retread. It's safe, conventional appealing to past iconography of characters. I'm struggling to think of a single event in a single book with any lasting impact. Even the BIG SHOCKING EVENT in the Bat universe will return to status quo in the near future in some rehashed event.

As a final line of defense, it's is silly to defend my opinion after trying literally all but two Rebirth books for multiple issues. I went in super hyped and wanted to love everything. I bought everything. I'm still pulling six Rebirth titles. I just don't have wool over my eyes here. You gotta recognize this stuff for what it is versus what we thought it would be. Sales will keep sagging until we shift to monthly releases with less decompression and more substance.

Messi

Had some time

Best Book - Sunstone
Trash Ass Book - Clean Room
Best IDW Book of the Year that isn't Revolution - Jem and the holograms
Rebirth of the Year - Wonder Woman
ANAD of the Year - Black Widow
Olivia Wilde of the Year - Lucky 13 Olivia
Best Art - Wonder Woman Year One
Worst Art - Captain Marvel
Forced Push of the Year - Kris Anka

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Best Book - Vision
Trash Ass Book - Flash Rebirth
Best IDW Book of the Year that isn't Revolution - Haven't Read Any... Power Rangers?
Rebirth of the Year - Superman
Olivia Wilde of the Year - OC Olivia Wilde
Best Art - Weirdworld
Worst Art - Champions
Forced Push of the Year - Inhumans

PsychBat!

Banned
Best Book - Vision
Trash Ass Book - Flash Rebirth
Best IDW Book of the Year that isn't Revolution - Haven't Read Any... Power Rangers?
Olivia Wilde of the Year - OC Olivia Wilde
Best Art - Weirdworld
Worst Art - Champions

Power Rangers are published by Boom

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Best Book - Manifest Destiny
Trash Ass Book - Britannica
Best IDW Book of the Year that isn't Revolution -
Rebirth of the Year -
ANAD of the Year - Spider-Woman
Olivia Wilde of the Year - Olivia Wilde
Best Art - Pretty Deadly
Worst Art - Doctor Strange

Messi

Best Book - Manifest Destiny
Trash Ass Book - Britannica
Best IDW Book of the Year that isn't Revolution -
Rebirth of the Year -
ANAD of the Year - Spider-Woman
Olivia Wilde of the Year - Olivia Wilde
Best Art - Pretty Deadly
Worst Art - Doctor Strange

I won't stand for this. You know what you did.

PsychBat!

Banned
Best Book - Birthright
Trash Ass Book - New Avengers (w/Ultimates in 2nd place)
Best IDW Book of the Year that isn't Revolution - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
ANAD of the Year - Amazing Spider-Man
Olivia Wilde of the Year - Messi
Best Art - The Mighty Thor
Worst Art - Venom: Space Knight

mreddie

My categories are far better than these. I won't stand for it.

The Harley Quinn Award for Worst Comic Character: Captain Marvel
The Tom King Award for Character Development (aka The Vision): Green Arrow
The Tom King Award for Character Regression (aka The Batman): TV Flash
The Watchmen Award for Outstanding Achievement in Fucking Over a Creator: Kate Leth
The Brian K. Vaughan Award for the Best Writer in Comics: Tom King
The Fiona Staples Award for Best Illustrated Genitalia: Elsa Charretier

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The Harley Quinn Award for Worst Comic Character: 5 way tie between the O5 X-Men

The Tom King Award for Character Development (aka The Vision): Birthright

The Tom King Award for Character Regression (aka The Batman): Extraordinary X-Men

The Watchmen Award for Outstanding Achievement in Fucking Over a Creator: Tess Fowler

The Brian K. Vaughan Award for the Best Writer in Comics: Rucka

The Fiona Staples Award for Best Illustrated Genitalia: Juan Jose Ryp (Britannica)

Messi

Can I just say that Death of X spoilers
Emma Frost being insane is the stupidest shit ever. Like what the fuck.

The Harley Quinn Award for Worst Comic Character: Captain Marvel
The Tom King Award for Character Development (aka The Vision): Green Arrow
The Tom King Award for Character Regression (aka The Batman): TV Flash
The Watchmen Award for Outstanding Achievement in Fucking Over a Creator: Kate Leth
The Brian K. Vaughan Award for the Best Writer in Comics: Tom King
The Fiona Staples Award for Best Illustrated Genitalia: Elsa Charretier

The Harley Quinn Award for Worst Comic Character: 5 way tie between the O5 X-Men
The Tom King Award for Character Development (aka The Vision): Birthright
The Tom King Award for Character Regression (aka The Batman): Extraordinary X-Men
The Watchmen Award for Outstanding Achievement in Fucking Over a Creator: Tess Fowler
The Brian K. Vaughan Award for the Best Writer in Comics: Rucka
The Fiona Staples Award for Best Illustrated Genitalia: Juan Jose Ryp (Britannica)

I approve of these lists.

Top Bottom