• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Zombine

Banned
Him drawing every fuckin cover with those same poses with the characters noses in the air floating in that fog of nothing is like "what is the appeal tbh"

At first I was a fan, but then I just saw how cheap the whole thing was and It began to make me feel uncomfortable. It's the same feeling I get when I play a game and I look at the sky and the clouds never move.

I need help deciding if I'm going to buy The Underground Railroad or get Jeepers Creepers 1&2 on Blu Ray.

Him drawing every fuckin cover with those same poses with the characters noses in the air floating in that fog of nothing is like "what is the appeal tbh"

Jae Lee is god's gift. Don't you dare.

If you read issue 4 of America Alien he got better with backgrounds. He got that gothic feeling down.

Started reading Domu. Wow, Otomo is so good with using framing and shot distance to establish the location! It has already gotten a little creepy after the first few pages. Very promising.

I should get around to reading Akira too I guess...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The feel when you as a shy introvert want to do a party and suddenly someone else invites the dude, that is at almost every family celebration but you dont know his name because he never says a word, to your fucking place and you cant get angry because family is involved.
This is the first and with no doubt last time I do this fucking shit.

6y3Jjrh.png

Zombine

Banned
The feel when you as a shy introvert want to do a party and suddenly someone else invites the dude, that is at almost every family celebration but you dont know his name because he never says a word, to your fucking place and you cant get angry because family is involved.

Wait, are you the dude or...

image.php

tim1138

Started reading Domu. Wow, Otomo is so good with using framing and shot distance to establish the location! It has already gotten a little creepy after the first few pages. Very promising.

I should get around to reading Akira too I guess...

Even *I've* read and own Akira, and I've read all of four manga series in my entire life.

arkon

I will say Kev Walker's lack of backgrounds in Star Wars: Aphra is bugging me, tho. So much of sci-fi/star wars is in the backgrounds, the world as it were, and when that stuff is absent its harder to get into the story.

The unfortunate reality is that for every non-Jamie McKelvie Kieron Gillen book, I always think, "Boy, I bet Jamie McKelvie would've killed this page"

Doesn't McKelvie's work display a lack of backgrounds? Wouldn't it suffer from the same problem?

Genuine question. I haven't seen enough of his work but I've had the impression (mistakenly?) that lack of backgrounds was a thing for him as well.

TheFlow

Banned
I didn't even get the chance to read my DC haul from last week so this is what I read.

1.Birthright #6
2.World of Wakanda #2
3.Cage #3
4.Captain America: Sam Wilson #16
5.Doctor Strange #15
6.Gamora #1
7.Star-Lord
8.Thanos #1
9.Venom #2
10.Invincible Iron-Man #2
11.Slam #2
12.Occupy Avengers #2
13.The might captain marvel #0

Top 3 issues wee Cage, Slam, and Doctor Strange.

Did you know Kitana's sword traps the souls of her victims?

Haha nope, but I bet I'm going to find out!

I enjoyed suicide squad enough but not bvs....

Hah maybe we just like opposite things. Thing about BvS is like it or not, Snyder has a real style. I totally appreciate some people hate that and thats fair, but it's consistent right? Either way. This seems quite up and down in tone though. I'll weigh in when I'm done.

TheFlow

Banned
Flow's List.
East of West #30

Deadly Class #25

Monstress #9

Snotgirl #5

Seven to Eternity #4

DC
Teen Titans #3

Mother Panic #2

Future Quest #8