• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Enjoy waiting six months to read civil war 2 when everyone gets to talk about how great it is now.
But the magic of the delays unites both sides and we get to talk about the same event! Marvel is pretty genius.

Also I'm waiting for Messi to jump into the Harley thread in the OT

TheFlow

Banned
Messi- ah I hope it becomes a full series then. I like it.

Omega Men #1

I feel like I am about to read something along the lines of Star Wars. The omega men are very diverse, and that plot twist at the end.

I am not going to do a writeup of each issue like I normally do unless I read a really powerful issue. wish me luck

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
filth & grace ‏@ales_kot 17m17 minutes ago
By the way, I think I'm writing the spiritual sequel to ZERO, and it will probably drop in late 2017.

filth & grace ‏@ales_kot 14m14 minutes ago
@ales_kot that is if a certain publisher likes it enough to publish it. Which means I got to go and get this script in shape.

Sure, okay. Hopefully we'll be getting at least two new Kot books next year then.

Owzers

Darkseid war vol 2 won't finish downloading on cmx iOS, it gets to the end then goes back 1.5mb, gets to the end and then has a green arrow and a red x. Any experience with this?

TheFlow

Banned
Awesome, thanks for this. I'm assuming MU has parity otherwise, unless there's some other rule I'm missing that would cause them to not share certain titles, right? Either way, I'm guessing that means I should think a little more on Jessica Jones, as that has the good old "for mature readers" clearly stamped on it. (But then again, that could go in the "wait for a Marvel linewide (or specific that covers this) sale on Comixology" pile, too). And hmm, guess I'll give Jem and Misfits a little longer in that case, at least until it drops to a "yeah, I'm perfectly fine on just waiting till they one day may pop up in a sale" mental line for me.

Jessica Jones is a interesting title because it is not a max book but is also 17+. Not sure if it will hit MU.

Messi

Messi- ah I hope it becomes a full series then. I like it.

Omega Men #1

I feel like I am about to read something along the lines of Star Wars. The omega men are very diverse, and that plot twist at the end.

I am not going to do a writeup of each issue like I normally do unless I read a really powerful issue. wish me luck

So you are doing write-ups for every issue then... Yeah?

filth & grace ‏@ales_kot 17m17 minutes ago
By the way, I think I'm writing the spiritual sequel to ZERO, and it will probably drop in late 2017.

filth & grace ‏@ales_kot 14m14 minutes ago
@ales_kot that is if a certain publisher likes it enough to publish it. Which means I got to go and get this script in shape.

Sure, okay. Hopefully we'll be getting at least two new Kot books next year then.

yikes that twitter handle is cheesy as hell

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Which will be canceled because his books are unapproachable and written for himself. I enjoy his stuff but never bet on Kot.
Probably. He would be doing himself a favor by having something more mainstream out there to build up a fanbase and be able to launch other stuff.

yikes that twitter handle is cheesy as hell
He changes it very frequently.

In other news for Christmas I got the criterion collection of Yojimbo and Sanjuro. Ive seen them before but it's been ages. I watched Yojimbo yesterday and Sanjuro today. Man these films are awesome. Toshiro Mifune Is badass. And of course Akira Kurosawa is a legend.

Hmm maybe tomorrow it's time to rewatch Seven Samurai

Neoxon

Star-Lord was pretty interesting. Him & Old Man Logan being drinking buddies was fun, & I feel like Zdarsky understands the character a bit better than the last few writers.

Sou Da

I won't believe these lies again.

It's like the the good version of a Kate Leth book where while fun is there to be had, the main character is an actual adult.

Art is superb too,
the transformation scene is incredibly intense despite her not even going all the way

Owzers

Maybe I didn't want to read darkseid war...maybe I want to treat digital comics like floppy piles.

*waits*

Harley holiday statue still supposed to arrive tmw.

TheFlow

Banned
images

pretty damn good but not Sheriff and Vision great. loved the themes in this book

Sanjuro

In other news for Christmas I got the criterion collection of Yojimbo and Sanjuro. Ive seen them before but it's been ages. I watched Yojimbo yesterday and Sanjuro today. Man these films are awesome. Toshiro Mifune Is badass. And of course Akira Kurosawa is a legend.

Hmm maybe tomorrow it's time to rewatch Seven Samurai

Throne of Blood, High and Low, and Rashomon are also great. There aren't any collaborations between them I would call poor.

Top Bottom