• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Neoxon

Just out of curiosity, was the gang that shot up the bar where Peter & Logan were drinking at with Black Cat?

Also, I guess the ending may explain why Star-Lord adopts his new costume (to look more hero-like).

El Topo

Finally watched (the extended edition) of Suicide Squad. Don't quite get why the movie got *that* much hate. It's solid and entertaining.

PsychBat!

Banned
I watched both Alien and Aliens on Christmas day and it's been while since I saw Alien but holy shit Ridley Scott was a fucking artist. It just blows Aliens away.

Not to say Aliens was bad, far from it. But Alien is just fucking better.

I watched both Alien and Aliens on Christmas day and it's been while since I saw Alien but holy shit Ridley Scott was a fucking artist. It just blows Aliens away.

Not to say Aliens was bad, far from it. But Alien is just fucking better.

Agreed. I'll still enjoy any Alien film you put in front of me, though. Even if Covenant turns out to be a fucking shit-show, I'll still like it. I even enjoyed Prometheus quite a bit.

Actually watching suicide squad now. I expect trash

I'm so sorry.

VanWinkle

images

pretty damn good but not Sheriff and Vision great. loved the themes in this book

Why was this like the only thing that you didn't review on a per-issue basis? Like, you didn't even offer any thoughts on it!

El Topo

Deadshot and Harley are fun. The plot and villain are trash. BvS is worse.

BvS is *so* much worse.
The only thing that *really* bugs me is how many scenes in Suicide Squad (or rather the extended edition, the only version I have seen) don't fit together. Also you forgot Boomerang and Waller.

VanWinkle

Deadshot and Harley are fun. The plot and villain are trash. BvS is worse.

I think BvS was easily better. Batman had the unfortunate dream sequences and the little bits of Justice League stuff, but as a movie it was much more tonally coherent and structurally sound (talking about the ultimate edition). It was also way more visually impressive. Suicide Squad was very tonally inconsistent (first half felt like one long montage trailer and second half felt like a generic action movie) with somehow even a worse villain than Doomsday. Despite that, there was a lot of small moments I really liked in Suicide Squad. I thought Deadshot was great and Harley for the most part was pretty good. I actually liked most of the "squad" other than Rick Flagg and Killer Croc, and Joker wasn't good.

I will say this, though: Leto was a better Joker than Eisenberg was a Lex Luthor. They're both pretty bad interpretations, but, yeah.

So, after it was retconned that Cyclops' optic blasts were made of punch dimension energy, does that still count as cosmic radiation? I ask because the reason that Cyke and Havok couldn't harm each other was because they were just firing solar energy/radiation and metabolizing it. So is Havok still technically resistant/immune to it?

VanWinkle

So, after it was retconned that Cuclops' optic blasts were made of punch dimension energy, does that still count as cosmic radiation? I ask because the reason that Cyke and Havok couldn't harm each other was because they were just firing solar energy/radiation and metabolizing it. So is Havok still technically resistant to it?

BK, are you happy I finally got the Uncanny X-Men Vol. 1 omnibus? I'm pumped to read it!

shingi70

Banned
Any reason why Marvel treat's Black Widow like shit? Seems like her charcater should be at the forefront of the marvel universe and be their Wonder Woman equalvilent.

MartyStu

ASM & The Clone Conspiracy have been so good. Don't know why people hate on Slott.

Because he has made Amazing Spider-Man unpleasant to read for almost half a decade?

I mean, he has plenty of moments, but the dislike for him is not entirely unfounded.

Boogiepop

Okay, I'm not sure I'll pull the trigger for sure yet, but before the Comixology DC sale ends, one of you guys who's really into Legion/LoSH in here recommend me a run. Like, if I want to use this chance to give a full-on run on the series a chance to feel it out (rather than just a story arc or whatever), which one do you guys recommend giving a shot?

Also, while trying to look this up myself I found out that apparently there's a DnA run on the Authority, which caused me to realize I've heard the name there but know nothing whatsoever about that series in general. So is that indeed one I should look into grabbing before this sale winds down?

tim1138

Okay, I'm not sure I'll pull the trigger for sure yet, but before the Comixology DC sale ends, one of you guys who's really into Legion/LoSH in here recommend me a run. Like, if I want to use this chance to give a full-on run on the series a chance to feel it out (rather than just a story arc or whatever), which one do you guys recommend giving a shot?

Also, while trying to look this up myself I found out that apparently there's a DnA run on the Authority, which caused me to realize I've heard the name there but know nothing whatsoever about that series in general. So is that indeed one I should look into grabbing before this sale winds down?

LoSH - Levitz/Giffen is the classic run

the Authority - Ellis/Hitch, since those twelve issues are the only ones that exist. It's so weird when people talk about more Authority comics...

El Topo

They REALLY want Carol to be their Wonder Woman.

They could push all sorts of characters in addition to Captain Marvel. They're not doing it because they don't want to.
Black Widow is one of their more popular MCU characters, is portrayed by an amazing (proven) actress and is likely never going to get a movie. That's not because they're pushing Carol.

mreddie

They could push all sorts of characters in addition to Captain Marvel. They're not doing it because they don't want to.
Black Widow is one of their more popular MCU characters, is portrayed by an amazing (proven) actress and is likely never going to get a movie. That's not because they're pushing Carol.

And we could have gotten Wasp as their Wonder Woman if Edgar Wright wasn't wasting her.

Top Bottom