• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

tim1138

Is the Abnett and Lanning's omnibus everything I need?

Also should I buy War of Kings to get Medusa stuff? What Medusa stories should I read? What was the one where she loses her hair?

All the cosmic stuff from that era is great, but you're good with just the GotG omnibus if that's all you want, it's very self contained.

Actually I quite like myself. I'm a pretty good person who's never mocked someone or encouraged someone being suicidal. The fact that you can't say the same is only a plus. Now shut the fuck up and stop derailing the goddamn thread. I really don't feel like reiterating why you're a piece of shit to these people who seemingly tolerate your presence.

So no clue what your history is with JC, but I'm calling double doggie bullshit on your self-awareness skills. You were a massive douche to me in the 50/50 thread earlier this year and actually made me stop posting there. And I wasn't alone in calling you out for your childish behavior. In point of order, everyone to include a mod was calling you out on instigation and general trolling.

giphy.gif

Is the Abnett and Lanning's omnibus everything I need?

Also should I buy War of Kings to get Medusa stuff? What Medusa stories should I read? What was the one where she loses her hair?

It's so much material. I think War of Kings actually has three omnibuses (Road to and Aftermath as well as the main event). And then there are the Annihilation events, which take place before the GotG omni,and I don't think those are in there at all (though Thanos Imperative, which is the end of the Abnett/Lanning era, does appear to be in there). It's all wonderful but it's a ton of stuff. I would start with just the one if I were you.

Messi

It's so much material. I think War of Kings actually has three omnibuses (Road to and Aftermath as well as the main event). And then there are the Annihilation events, which take place before the GotG omni,and I don't think those are in there at all (though Thanos Imperative, which is the end of the Abnett/Lanning era, does appear to be in there). It's all wonderful but it's a ton of stuff. I would start with just the one if I were you.

This sounds like so much.

I've only ever read Bendis Guardians and while I enjoy it the characters could be anybody. It's so generic.

tim1138

This sounds like so much.

I've only ever read Bendis Guardians and while I enjoy it the characters could be anybody. It's so generic.

Start with Guardians and if you like it then read the other stuff. You'd have to go digital for Annihilation though, since the omni and the trades are out of print.

Guardians is great, I think you'll really like it. And you can always ask in here if you have any questions.

Messi

Start with Guardians and if you like it then read the other stuff. You'd have to go digital for Annihilation though, since the omni and the trades are out of print.

Guardians is great, I think you'll really like it. And you can always ask in here if you have any questions.

Awesome. Thanks man.

Messi I have one recommendation for supplemental material. Nova #36 on digital if you can. It's the last issue but it's also a lead-in to the Thanos Imperative.

I just re-read the first half to see how easy it would be to jump into. You're going to get a bit of whiplash but I think it would be weirder to just have Nova and his whole plot show up in Thanos Imperative.

Read it before Ignition

Ross61

I really am a Batman stan. There's a perfectly great Batman telltale series out that I haven't started or finished, am I fiending for a rumored Damian game smh.
But in my defense the details sound interesting as fuck.

Anybody trying DirecTV Now?

VanWinkle

Starting some Marvel cosmic stuff since my knowledge in that area is incredible lacking! GotG seems great so far. Going to read #1-12, and then go to the War of Kings omni. EDIT: Woah, weird coincidence to see it's being discussed already on this very page, lol.

9xGRpjS.jpg

Owzers

I hope you guys settle all your arguments now so we can have a fresh start for the new year and all the great ot threads I'm going to make.

congrats on your SFxTK reskin nerds

People are claiming it's not like that and I really hope it isn't, but it seems EXACTLY like that.

The gem system was the big thing from SFxT I really didn't like. Especially when they sell new gems as DLC it very much seems like a pay to win scenario.

ElNarez

Banned
People are claiming it's not like that and I really hope it isn't, but it seems EXACTLY like that.

The gem system was the big thing from SFxT I really didn't like. Especially when they sell new gems as DLC it very much seems like a pay to win scenario.

The tag system as described in the Game Informer preview is STRAIGHT-UP SFxT.

Sandfox

I don't really see the problem with the gemssince they are probably just going to be a X-Factor except you can select from 6 different version during character select.The real problem is that the game is ugly and they took out assists.

Malyse

Oh yeah.

Assuming each has their standard members (i.e. No Hulk), who would win between The Hand and the League of Assassins?

New week new list

Aliens: Defiance #7
Flintstones #6
Shade The Changing Girl #3
Invisible Republic #13
Motor Crush #1
Violent Love #2
Walking Dead #161
Wicked + Divine #24
Champions #3
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #1
Unworthy Thor #2
Giant Days #21

Tizoc

SFxT's Gem system was worthless and poorly handled, but it had a pretty good system come 2013 update.

Top Bottom