• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Messi

This is amazing.

No reason to change it. It's a pretty great costume design.

I can definitely agree with that. Unless they really go deep into the Capcom archives for some interesting characters.

I agree. Carol looks great. I hate the Mohawk tho. Long hair Carol is great.

The Netflix stuff is worth a look in, I've enjoyed them all to varying extents. I like the thor movies for Loki but it's hard to feel strongly about them. Think I'm a little less enamored with antman than most, even though I like Paul Rudd.

Is MvC3 full price?

MVC3 is $25, so I assume £20 in the UK, but who knows with Brexit.

I don't really watch much TV either. And when I do, honestly, it's mostly kids stuff or YouTube videos. Like, there's stuff that looks interesting and I just see a "YOU'RE TOO DUMB FOR THIS SHIT GO BACK TO POWER RANGERS!" sign flashing in big red letters. And I don't really want to watch the comic book stuff because it feels like living the gimmick too much. I already spend too much time with these characters as it is. I cancelled my TV subscription almost three years ago now in search of the bright cord-cutting future and ended up replacing it with.....absolutely nothing. I have Asperger's so I also find it pretty hard to concentrate on passive stuff like TV for long periods. I just end up fiddling with a piece of Lego or something and missing most of the show.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The Netflix stuff is worth a look in, I've enjoyed them all to varying extents. I like the thor movies for Loki but it's hard to feel strongly about them. Think I'm a little less enamored with antman than most, even though I like Paul Rudd.

Is MvC3 full price?

$24.99

Bought MvC3 so I can finally get the discontinued DLC. It being on my PS4 is a great bonus too

Also picked up Garou and SFV season pass 2. Because fighting games!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

image.php

Played a few rounds. Looks nice, runs well, seems to load faster. I'm happy.

I do wish there had been a balance patch on consoles but it's not like I ever play competitively anyway. Doesn't impact me all that much.

shingi70

Banned
That MvCI trailer made me realize how much comics don't matter to Marvel in the overall. Carol and Tony are killing each other in the comic while in the trailer their working together.

kmfdmpig

That MvCI trailer made me realize how much comics don't matter to Marvel in the overall. Carol and Tony are killing each other in the comic while in the trailer their working together.

I imagine for both Marvel and DC the sales of 22 page comics is becoming a fairly small part of the overall pie. The real money must be in movies - making $100 million in profit on a movie that takes a few years to make must seem incredible to a company that counts selling 100,000 copies of a $3 or $4 comic as a major success. Toy sales, licensing, video games, animation, etc.. must greatly eclipse comic sales.

Hopefully such a situation doesn't lead to them playing it safe and focusing more on maintaining status quo (more than they already do).

tim1138

A fine choice. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Truth.

It's opinions like this that make you an all star comicgaffer, tim

I absolutely love when Cosmo
becomes a puppy towards the end of the series

I don't love autocorrect when it fucks up my posts though...

The art on n52 Flash is what kept me reading it for a year and a half

Things have changed

It's crazy. Just a shocking drop off in quality. I thought New 52 Flash was terrible, but damn if the art wasn't stellar every issue. The Rebirth art ranges from strange to fugly. Issues #9 is a tragedy. Barry's face in that second panel. LOL.

I liked it. It fits the Flash imo.

I agree. Trash art for a trash character. ;)

Make Flash great again.

It's crazy. Just a shocking drop off in quality. I thought New 52 Flash was terrible, but damn if the art wasn't stellar every issue. The Rebirth art ranges from strange to fugly. Issues #9 is a tragedy. Barry's face in that second panel. LOL.

Dude looks like a genie coming out of a lamp in that panel

Ross61

I agree. Trash art for a trash character. ;)

Make Flash great again.

Disagree entirely but I respect it.

Malyse

is that the reason you dont like yourself as well?
Actually I quite like myself. I'm a pretty good person who's never mocked someone or encouraged someone being suicidal. The fact that you can't say the same is only a plus. Now shut the fuck up and stop derailing the goddamn thread. I really don't feel like reiterating why you're a piece of shit to these people who seemingly tolerate your presence.
Thinking about doing a thread on the industry's pregnancy fetish. Anyone down?
I really wish that I didn't now know that's a thing.

Messi

Is the Abnett and Lanning's omnibus everything I need?

Also should I buy War of Kings to get Medusa stuff? What Medusa stories should I read? What was the one where she loses her hair?

Spider-womans pregnancy lead to one of the most beautiful moments and pages of the run. So touching.

Dude looks like a genie coming out of a lamp in that panel

Truth. I checked to see if Salvador Dali's grandson was on pencils giving us melted faces.

Disagree entirely but I respect it.

All good. Glad you're digging it. I'm sort of coming around on the story, which is more than I could say about New 52 Flash.

I don't mind some of the weird anatomical poses and amorphous figures in the action scenes, but every story panel seems like it was drawn with the characters in awkward stages of movement. I'd like something much more traditional.

Top Bottom