• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Tizoc

I was here at that time too. It was like that on all forums. Their insecurity was on another level. Sony, MS, and Nintendo fans have never had to deal with a decade of failures.

No no, Ninty and Sonty fans are way worse, you're letting your old bias cloud your judgement kiddo.
SEGA still made great games throughout the years regardless of their setbacks, you just hung out with the wrong crowd.

Ross61

I been meaning to read Tynion's The Woods. Great to see it's getting an adaptation. But Brad Peyton being the showrunner, plus Syfy (even though they've been turning around and having some quality shows) does not inspire confidence.

6 is a 2018 release in NA/EU? Next year is 0 and Kiwami, right?
Yea. It said early 2018. So my guess January 2018 like 0 is for 2017. I've only played the 2nPS2 games. I think I'll start up with a Yakuza 2 replay. Then move to the PS3 games. Since yakuza 1 remake isn't until summer I don't think I can wait until then. Plus I'm watching a full playthrough stream of the PS2 Yakuza 1. So that's good enough since I played it years ago.

Sheathe your swords, console warriors. The blades must remain sharp for the next Marvel vs. DC battle

Swords, eh?

ReFspj.gif

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Sheathe your swords, console warriors. The blades must remain sharp for the next Marvel vs. DC battle

There is no battle just one person proving another person's point for them. I didn't care enough about Sega back then to fight about and I certainly don't give a shit now.

Sandfox

Look, as long as we never see that fauxhawk again on the page or on the screen, she can wear her hair however she wants

Yeah, I think Carol looks better with at least shoulder length hair.

I hope Stohl can deliver in the new run because I would like to see the character get a good story. I remember liking the interview she gave at NYCC, but that's just an interview.

Sandfox

Maybe it's just that you're so used to seeing her with short hair that any change in that is instantly appealing? See how you feel when the novelty wears off.
Even before today I have wanted her to back to something similar to this:
background.jpg

I just don't like the current look on Carol and that includes her costume. IMO Marvel needs to go look at her old Ms. Marvel design and make something more similar to those. DC even tried to copy it with Wonder Woman during DC You and learned better quick.

Haircut, maybe, but there is no chance in hell they are going back to an old costume. They already sell tons of dresses, hoodies, etc, with the current look.

reading Claremont's UXM as a MvC game is announced without X-Men is like a massive kick in the balls

You know, with the talk of a "huge" roster, the fact that it seems to be a service that will be continuously updated, and the fact that they managed to get MvC3 on PS4, I still have hope. I wouldn't expect a lot of them, but maybe some of the big stars like Wolvie and Mags.

Probably not in the initial roster (maybe Wolverine? Deadpool?) but for down the road, I have some hope.

Edit: God, I would be salty forever if they include Wolvie but OML'd

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Brother wanted to know what I want for X-Mas so I have him this list.

Lazarus HC Volume One by Greg Rucka
East of West The Apocalypse: Year One by Johnathan Hickman
Revival Deluxe Collection, Volume 1 by Tim Seeley
Saga, Book One by Brian K Vaughan
Deadly Class Deluxe Edition by Rick Remender

That list is completely beyond reproach

I am not a Revival fan but I get the appeal

Sandfox

Haircut, maybe, but there is no chance in hell they are going back to an old costume. They already sell tons of dresses, hoodies, etc, with the current look.

They could always just keep the symbol and color scheme while changing other parts of the costume. Her current costume for example is different from the one she had during the KSD run.

They could always just keep the symbol and color scheme while changing other parts of the costume. Her current costume for example is different from the one she had during the KSD run.

How different are we talking here? Because at most, it's a Batman Begins to the Dark Knight level of difference. It is basically the same thing it was in 2012 apart from the hairdo that nobody can agree on anyway.

2012:
portrait_incredible.jpg

2016:
326251._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

You are really reaching here.

No matter what he goes with, you win. Would love to have any of these in HC, my image collection is very softcover.

Lara Croft Go on vita, I think so. Loved it on phone, just was a battery killer.

OMG Mantis. <3

GOTG v2 trailer.

https://youtu.be/sMTntxvok1M?t=101

Hahaha. So good.

Sandfox

How different are we talking here? Because at most, it's a Batman Begins to the Dark Knight level of difference. It is basically the same thing it was in 2012 apart from the hairdo that nobody can agree on anyway.

2012:
portrait_incredible.jpg

2016:
326251._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

You are really reaching here.
I wasn't trying to imply that they completely redesigned her or anything lol.
I'd say you can't change Carols costume too much anymore. They have established that look.
They just did it with Star-Lord though.

OMG Mantis. <3

GOTG v2 trailer.

https://youtu.be/sMTntxvok1M?t=101

This is amazing.

I'd say you can't change Carols costume too much anymore. They have established that look.

No reason to change it. It's a pretty great costume design.

I'll say I wish this was a straight up Marvel only fighter than MvC reboot myself. I'm still going in day one,

I can definitely agree with that. Unless they really go deep into the Capcom archives for some interesting characters.

GOTG truly is in its own league for me among superhero movies. I loved both bvs and civil war this year, but GOTG is so good. I wish they had a GOTG comuc on the same level.

I'll say I wish this was a straight up Marvel only fighter than MvC reboot myself. I'm still going in day one,

Same, but only because I'd really like to see Asura and I doubt we'll get him.

There aren't many other Capcom characters who haven't already been in a game that I'd want. More Darkstalkers characters maybe but they're a royal pain to animate properly in a 3D game. Regina from Dino Crisis, someone from Power Stone and a mech or something from Lost Planet would be cool as well. And if they could somehow do something with Dragon's Dogma, that'd be swell. Just have a generic Arisen.

Guardians is probably my favorite Marvel movie. Some comic films come off as way too serious.

Absolutely. I would recommend GOTG to people just looking for a good funny movie, never mind a superhero movie. I wouldn't recommend civil war to people just looking for a good thriller or something you know? And I say that really really liking civil war.

Booting up let it die...

I am happy MVC3 is getting a PC port

Yep, even though we have to wait until March I'll gladly hand over the cash to have a PC version. Getting Infinite is awesome though without crossplay like SFV I fear for the population.

Softens the blow of having to sell my 360 version a few months ago, but I did get more than the original price for that, so it wasn't so bad. Still have my Vita version though.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Loved both Winter Soldier and Civil War.

Ant-Man Would be 4th.

Iron Man and Thor were decent

Didn't care for Iron man 2, Thor 2, or either Avengers.

Still haven't seen Iron Man 3 or Doctor Dumb Dumb.

Missed Ant-Man and Doctor Strange in cinemas because of busyness. Liked pretty much all of the rest except for Ed Norton's Hulk (and I legit don't remember anything about Thor TDW except for Chris Evans' cameo and how they wasted Chris Eccelston by not having him speak a comprehensible language) but I'm not a big movie watcher. Haven't seen any of the shorts or TV stuff.

Missed Ant-Man and Doctor Strange in cinemas because of busyness. Liked pretty much all of the rest except for Ed Norton's Hulk (and I legit don't remember anything about Thor TDW except for Chris Evans' cameo and how they wasted Chris Eccelston by not having him speak a comprehensible language) but I'm not a big movie watcher. Haven't seen any of the shorts or TV stuff.

The Netflix stuff is worth a look in, I've enjoyed them all to varying extents. I like the thor movies for Loki but it's hard to feel strongly about them. Think I'm a little less enamored with antman than most, even though I like Paul Rudd.

Is MvC3 full price?

Top Bottom