• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Inhumans vs. X-Men #0
Hey that was actually pretty good. We actually have a solod grasp of the situation. Nothing contradictory like DoX. The tensions and relationships make sense and seem consistent: Emma and the Inhumans feel realistic in their behavior. Rocafort's art is amazing as usual. Beast though...

Fuck Beast. Fuck Hank McCoy. Like, I feel for him because of the weight on his shoulders, but he brings up how at least this time mutants aren't being killed by various other things, one of which was a time anomaly. EXCEPT YOU CAUSED THE LAST MAJOR ANOMALY. YOU DUMB FUCK.

Also
very curious about the woman whom Emma was talking to. It's clearly the current White Queen, but I have no idea who that is or could be.

Looking forward to this.

Sandfox

Inhumans vs. X-Men #0
Hey that was actually pretty good. We actually have a solod grasp of the situation. Nothing contradictory like DoX. The tensions and relationships make sense and seem consistent: Emma and the Inhumans feel realistic in their behavior. Rocafort's art is amazing as usual. Beast though...

Fuck Beast. Fuck Hank McCoy. Like, I feel for him because of the weight on his shoulders, but he brings up how at least this time mutants aren't being killed by various other things, one of which was a time anomaly. EXCEPT YOU CAUSED THE LAST MAJOR ANOMALY. YOU DUMB FUCK.

Also
very curious about the woman whom Emma was talking to. It's clearly the current White Queen, but I have no idea who that is or could be.

Looking forward to this.
I think either Beast or Emma will die in the end. Possibly even both.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Inhumans vs. X-Men #0

Also

Looking forward to this.

Are Lemire and Soule both writing this together. Is one any more in charge than the other?

I think either Beast or Emma will die in the end. Possibly even both.
I'm almost certain that it will be Beast. Trial of Hank McCoy is coming to fruition. Plus I think it was either Soule or Lemire that said in an interview that Eva Bell would play a role. I'm calling it.
Are Lemire and Soule both writing this together. Is one any more in charge than the other?
Just Soule on the #0. Unsure on the rest.

Finished reading Jurgen's thor run.

Starts off pretty slow, average fare. The moment Thor
starts getting the odin power
things get much more interesting. Also ditching
Jake Olson's storylines
did the story a huge favor.

Recommend it to any Thor fans. The second half of the run is good storytelling in general.

Most of my comics are packed away, waiting for the closing date on my house. Plan on reading some older avenger stories next. Think I have korvac saga, kree/skrull war and under siege waiting to be read.

Sandfox

I like how Hopeless has young Beast
lesrning and approaching magic just like he would science.
I'm curious to see how Bunn uses it.

Messi

When Paco Medina takes over on art for The New Avengers it gets really good. I love Songbird. Is this the team on USAvengers?

Edit: it is. Fuck yes.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm almost certain that it will be Beast. Trial of Hank McCoy is coming to fruition. Plus I think it was either Soule or Lemire that said in an interview that Eva Bell would play a role. I'm calling it.

Just Soule on the #0. Unsure on the rest.

Hope it's him all the way through.

Owzers

We can have New Day be champions for years with trash feuds but we can't have the Owens/Jericho friendship because "more drama" is needed.

Maybe wrestling isn't such a good idea anymore.

Every Marvel character that was in UMvC3 minus the X-Men, Sentinel, and Super Skrull is staying:

Ghost Rider
Iron Man
Iron Fist
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Dormammu
Shuma Gorath
Captain America
Thor
Spider-Man
She-Hulk
Hawkeye
MODOK

I would add Widow, Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Falcon, Ms. Marvel, Black Bolt, and Vision for possible new characters in addition to the already announced Captain Marvel. Thanos, Venom, and War Machine as returning veterans. Granted these aren't guarantees, but that's the potential pool to be drawn from.

Capcom...I don't really care. Frank West isn't getting replaced by Chuck though. That's for damn sure
Capcom has had lesser known characters represent their franchise. I don't see a problem with having Chuck replace Frank.

VanWinkle

LOVING Red Lanterns by Soule!

I63d3fi.jpg

Reading this and the War of Kings omni, I have so much cosmic goodness in front of me. I don't know which one I'm liking better!

Owzers

Reading this and the War of Kings omni, I have so much cosmic goodness in front of me. I don't know which one I'm liking better!
I didn't know comics were so bright and had metallic edges.

Every time I see superman secret origin hc on my stack of stuff I think of you.

VanWinkle

I didn't know comics were so bright and had metallic edges.

Every time I see superman secret origin hc on my stack of stuff I think of you.

I'm honored.

And trust me, this is NOT the format I would most prefer to read it in! But $3.99 per volume, you can't really beat that.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Two issues into X-Force v3 and Wolverine is already ruining it. Cyclops should just blast his ass off this mountain they are on.

Owzers

An hour into ff15 and it's as bland as I thought it would be based on the brotrip. I have to google the lock on system because trying to warp to those high points has been annoying. No, the party isn't boring because one guy takes photos and the other cooks, everyone is unique.

Bloodborne and Uncharted 4. Well done

Bloodborne is actually my wife's. I'm more of an UC4 guy, lol. I played some Demon's Souls and that style of game just isn't for me. She's loving it, though!

Hhahah, first thing I looked at was the games too. Winkle, are you on the comcsgaf community page? I need to give you an add.

I feel very boring this month, but I have very little to post or add so far, I've hardly read any comics at all, waiting for christmas, it's been all games games games. No where near FFXV or The Last Guardian yet, still working through watch dogs, there is a seemingly endless amout of side missions in this game. I might be over half way through the main narrative though. IS it bad I miss Aidan Pierce? Well, not exact him, Pierce was a true piece of shit. I miss being a cyber batman vigilante though, the dedsec angle to the characters is quite different. Love playing with the drones though, gameplay is a huge improvement with those in mind.

The reading I have done, I'm still just crawling through Dial H and making as much time as I can to read the novel I'm reading right now (which is also going slowly because of games)

I like how Hopeless has young Beast
lesrning and approaching magic just like he would science.
I'm curious to see how Bunn uses it.
The issue with Doctor Strange was pretty cool, but honestly, Beast is falling into the same trap that older Hank did with
fucking around with time and space without any of his teammates' knowledge. He gives no fucks as to what they want, just what he wants.
Hope it's him all the way through.
no but soule wil ruin xmen tho
Capcom has had lesser known characters represent their franchise. I don't see a problem with having Chuck replace Frank.
It's not that it's a problem, just that it most likely won't happen.

I63d3fi.jpg

Damn good comics.
Two issues into X-Force v3 and Wolverine is already ruining it. Cyclops should just blast his ass off this mountain they are on.
That's part of the whole book and it's interesting to see his character change from "We shouldn't be doing this." to "NECESSARY EVIL IS NECESSARY" in Uncanny X-Force. He's a shit team leader because he doesn't know how to lead. Everybody's there for their own reasons and he has no idea how to curb them.

An hour into ff15 and it's as bland as I thought it would be based on the brotrip. I have to google the lock on system because trying to warp to those high points has been annoying. No, the party isn't boring because one guy takes photos and the other cooks, everyone is unique.

If you think about it, those four had their personalities directly lifted from the Ninja Turtles.

Top Bottom