• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

VanWinkle

Hhahah, first thing I looked at was the games too. Winkle, are you on the comcsgaf community page? I need to give you an add.

I feel very boring this month, but I have very little to post or add so far, I've hardly read any comics at all, waiting for christmas, it's been all games games games. No where near FFXV or The Last Guardian yet, still working through watch dogs, there is a seemingly endless amout of side missions in this game. I might be over half way through the main narrative though. IS it bad I miss Aidan Pierce? Well, not exact him, Pierce was a true piece of shit. I miss being a cyber batman vigilante though, the dedsec angle to the characters is quite different. Love playing with the drones though, gameplay is a huge improvement with those in mind.

The reading I have done, I'm still just crawling through Dial H and making as much time as I can to read the novel I'm reading right now (which is also going slowly because of games)

I am not. Yeah definitely give me an add!

Not when they're ugly monsters that turn into even more ugly cars and have the resemblance to the character they're based on of being vaguely the same colour.

Or at least not feelings I care about.

Slow down fam:
gn39Fwp.jpg

SSeGdvj.jpg

McYVlN5.jpg
Leave the exotic, cost more than my life, cars out of it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
All-New Wolverine #15
Avengers #2
Champions #3
The Clone Conspiracy #3
The Unworthy Thor #2

Batman #12
Green Arrow #12
Justice League #10
Midnighter and Apollo #3
Nightwing #10
Superman #12

Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens #3
Big Trouble In Little China Escape From New York #3

In the last few months, I've gotten pretty deep into Marvel Future Fight. Not that I want to go off on the game, but I wanted to highlight the great artist who does so much of the artwork in the game, JeeHyung Lee. Love if this guy got a miniseries or even did more covers for Marvel.

Velinos

I've been thinking about getting back into comics after a couple year hiatus. The break was mainly to switch over to buying trades instead of individual issues, but ended up going a bit longer. I have mostly read Star Wars comics and stopped during the last series from Dark Horse right before Marvel took over. I liked Garth Ennis' work and read Preacher and Crossed. I branched out into DC after hearing how good Blackest Night was. Flashpoint was OK, but I ended up dropping DC after New 52. Marvel comics never really interested me, but I do like the movies. I also liked Saga and Morning Glories from Image. I figured to get caught up on the Marvel SW series, Saga, and Morning Glories. A friend recommended that I check out Hawkeye, Sex Criminals, and Wicked & Divine. Anything else I should look at?

Hagi

I was flicking through some of the monster stuff in the discover section of MU and came across Franken Castle which I always meant to read but never did.

GdkSv.gif

Holy shit this is great! God bless you Rick Remender.

Ross61

I've been thinking about getting back into comics after a couple year hiatus. The break was mainly to switch over to buying trades instead of individual issues, but ended up going a bit longer. I have mostly read Star Wars comics and stopped during the last series from Dark Horse right before Marvel took over. I liked Garth Ennis' work and read Preacher and Crossed. I branched out into DC after hearing how good Blackest Night was. Flashpoint was OK, but I ended up dropping DC after New 52. Marvel comics never really interested me, but I do like the movies. I also liked Saga and Morning Glories from Image. I figured to get caught up on the Marvel SW series, Saga, and Morning Glories. A friend recommended that I check out Hawkeye, Sex Criminals, and Wicked & Divine. Anything else I should look at?

What are you looking for in a comic specifically? I got some recommendations but need to know what your preferences are.

And damn is this a slow comics-gaf day.

Hagi

Oh a pullquote from me himself isn't enough???

Hah I vaguely remember this from back in the day. It's seriously fucking good though. It's such a ridiculous concept but he leans all the way into it and it's such a fun read.

If monsters unleashed is even a little as confident as this it should be a lot of fun.

I think Mike Carey's run on X-Men might be a new favorite, if Supernovas is anything to go by. Great team with some great action. He knows how to use a large and unique cast to the max.

Read the first CC issue I got from that cheap Marvel sale. I'm guessing there will be a twist with this Jackal and he's really someone else because it seems too easy to assume it's just the old Jackal or a clone of him. My guess? A clone of Peter or a clone of one of the many clones of Peter like a clone of Ben Reilly or one of the others.

Was there a Ultimate!Jackal before the universe got destroyed? Seems way too many alternate versions survived SW. Really should've just been Miles and the Maker from their world.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I think Mike Carey's run on X-Men might be a new favorite, if Supernovas is anything to go by. Great team with some great action. He knows how to use a large and unique cast to the max.

What is he up to these days? I hadn't heard of him until a couple of weeks ago but I like everything I've read from him so far.

Ponn

Banned
Oh Absolute Infinite Crisis is out this week. I thought I was done till after the new year but I forgot all about this.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

From Image you cant go wrong with any of these IMO......

Manifest Destiny
East of West
Monstress
Birthright
Chew
Paper Girls
Rumble
The Fix

The Wicked + The Divine is decent too but I think the stuff I listed has been more consistent.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I would never had thought that Bloodborne is on a good way to compete with Alien: Isolation and Wolfenstein: The New Order about my Game of the Gen.

Baffled how great it is.
Need to play the Souls games afterwards.

Dusknoir

To celebrate making it pass Finals I got the following books from IST;
Vision Vol 2
Legend of Wonder Woman
Superman American Alien
Dark Knight A True Batman Story

If I didn't have to meet my adviser tomorrow I would also traded in some games to get FF15 but I want to wait till this term is truly over to fully relax.

Hm. Had no idea ODY-C was getting an OHC. How good is it? I tried the first couple issues and aside from the art, I didn't get much out of it.

I would never had thought that Bloodborne is on a good way to compete with Alien: Isolation and Wolfenstein: The New Order about my Game of the Gen.

Baffled how great it is.
Need to play the Souls games afterwards.

I've been meaning to play Alien: Isolation. Just got it in the mail yesterday. It's next on the list after I finish FFXV and Last Guardian.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Hey, does anyone know if the James Bond: VARGR book has a dust jacket?

kmfdmpig

Just caught up on Ms. Marvel. How they managed to write an issue which was basically a PSA for voting and who is eligible to vote, but couldn't get it published prior to the election is a bit baffling. Honestly, other than the first few pages they should have just scrapped the issue as it seems a bit embarrassing to release it after the election already happened.

Sandfox

Just caught up on Ms. Marvel. How they managed to write an issue which was basically a PSA for voting and who is eligible to vote, but couldn't get it published prior to the election is a bit baffling. Honestly, other than the first few pages they should have just scrapped the issue as it seems a bit embarrassing to release it after the election already happened.
The previous issue was delayed so that messed up the schedule.

Messi

What are the chances of reprints for X Statix and Wolverine and the X-Men Omnibus? Those are my big two omnis that I waited on and fucked up.

Top Bottom