• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Robinson wrote the best comic of the past 10 years
latest

going to try and beat FF 15 tomorrow. way overleveled for the main story.

I just hit Chapter 10 at level 48. I was fighting level 18 dudes in the last chapter. XD

I feel like the game is too cluttered with shitty sidequests that make you run back and forth for lazy fetch quests, photo ops and all the other tedious shit.

Okay, finished Motor Crush #1. The art was lovely, obviously, but I don't know what to make of the story. It seems like a cool premise, but flawed somewhere in the execution. In all honesty I was more intrigued by the 5 pages of whatever that backup story was.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I just hit Chapter 10 at level 48. I was fighting level 18 dudes in the last chapter. XD

I feel like the game is too cluttered with shitty sidequests that make you run back and forth for lazy fetch quests, photo ops and all the other tedious shit.

Yeah, I just had to run around in a blue circle looking for Bear traps. That's not fun.

And it's even worse because the whole things was:

1. Talk to a guy, he sends you to a place.
  2. Go to a place, talk to a second guy.
  3. Go run around a blue circle looking for hidden things.
  4. Find all the hidden things.
  5. Go back to second guy.
  6. Go back to first guy.

That's not a good side quest.

Yeah, I just had to run around in a blue circle looking for Bear traps. That's not fun.

And it's even worse because the whole things was:

1. Talk to a guy, he sends you to a place.
  2. Go to a place, talk to a second guy.
  3. Go run around a blue circle looking for hidden things.
  4. Find all the hidden things.
  5. Go back to second guy.
  6. Go back to first guy.

That's not a good side quest.

And yet it is basically almost every sidequest in the game.

Messi

Okay, finished Motor Crush #1. The art was lovely, obviously, but I don't know what to make of the story. It seems like a cool premise, but flawed somewhere in the execution. In all honesty I was more intrigued by the 5 pages of whatever that backup story was.

Isola Fletcher and Kerschls new image series coming 2017

TheFlow

Banned
Define cape comic

They're all set in the DCU. Mother Panic is definitely a cape comic. The line is a bit blurrier with the other three but Cave Carson can't stop name dropping Superman

being in the dcu doesn't make it a cape book. I didn't mention the other books in the line because it wasn't relevant. All I said is shade is not a cape book, which is true.

also chapter 10. lv 50. The monster hunter stuff(hunting quest) and dungeons are awesome, but having to travel all the way back and forth when doing the quest is tedious. The game is also getting rather linear quick. still love the experience, but the problems are becoming more apparent the later the chapters.

The first book is a REAL slow burner. Book 2 is so good.
yea I am way ahead. there is a big plot twist that made me lose some interest.

Cable creative team announced. James Robinson and Carlos Pacheco. Plot is Cable trying to fix time(can he go and kill the O5?) which is like the 5th time this "mission" has happened since AoU it feels like.

Hopefully it's Good James Robinson rather than Bad James Robinson.

Still, I'm interested to see what he does, because Cable feels like a very un-Robinson like character. Probably the most intriguing creative team on the new X-books overall.

Malyse

I think the problem with Champions is that it's more interesting than it is good. Like, in for the concept, in for the characters, but out for the art and the execution. I can't help but wish the original runaways team was doing this.

Going to read Batman and see what all this fuss is. I see the usual apologists doing work for what's been an incredibly disappointing book. Tom King Batman is a mess. The perfect book for America in 2016.

Top Bottom