• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That beach issue was..........somethin:

It was because she's the clone of Peter Parker and Parker was into women and Jewish women from that time he dated Kitty.

lmao

how can you be into jewish people? like, how would you even know what faith they practised? Just wait outside the Synagogue ready to neg girls as they walk by

Actually that's where I first hated him. Everybody did I think. One of his "biggest" stories got creators fired and basically blacklisted. I can't recall the details but he was always scum.

Oh yeah,that was Dwayne McDuffie. Rich Johnston compiled a bunch of posts he made answering fan questions on the old DC forums and decided to turn it into a story.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So, this starlord tie in to annihilation conquest was when he first met rocket, groot & mantis? Didn't realise it was so recent

hOrVK8N.jpg

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Remember this All-New Ultimates?

5DxbcT7.jpg

People were excited for this trash and then #1 dropped and everyone went "nope". I'm pretty sure this book failing sealed the fate of the Ultimate universe.

That book was such a bummer to me. That was actually a really good team, but the writing was awful, and the art was somehow worse.

Malyse

I'm glad they brought Bombshell over

Same. Lana was great and I was super concerned that she was getting dropped. Looks like she's getting friendzoned for Danica though (once Kamala drops the "Not interested" on Miles and Sam).

Also, I really love her costume.

tumblr_n4uke4tvoA1smft6ko1_1280.jpg

Same. Lana was great and I was super concerned that she was getting dropped. Looks like she's getting friendzoned for Danica though (once Kamala drops the "Not interested" on Miles and Sam).

Also, I really love her costume.

tumblr_n4uke4tvoA1smft6ko1_1280.jpg

Based on the last issue, it seems more like Ganke has a thing for Danica. :p

Everyone thought he was gonna write it but he didn't. It's a main book to relaunch the Ultimate universe and he gives it to someone who had no clue what to do with it.

He gave it to Michel "Fucking Copra" Fiffe. This was Bendis trying to bring him into the house of Marvel. Too bad it didn't work out. I don't think the book was terrible, but sure did take a long ass time to get going. Though it had great covers.

Malyse

Something I noticed recently.

Kamala Khan is a Pakistani-American born in Jersey City, the daughter of Yusuf Khan and Muneeba Khan.

Donald Trump said:
I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.

I mean, I remember Spider-Verse, I just don't remember them meeting during the crossover.

Miles got relegating to hanging around with Ultimate (Cartoon) Pete in that crossover. Though I'm sure Bendis and Latour will retcon it to that being the duos first encounter with one another.

I still doubt they're going all the way with this.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys think Wicked and the divine lived up to its early promise? I enjoy the book but I'd say no.

Hmm. Hard to say. I definitely feel like the book has changed from it's earliest issues, but I also feel like it's more or less the book that Gillen set out to write, so it's all ok with me.

I do feel like he hasn't quite explored Laura as Persephone enough. I wanted to see more of the differences between pre-godhood and post godhood. Though I haven't read this week's yet, so maybe they start to get into that.

Messi

Hmm. Hard to say. I definitely feel like the book has changed from it's earliest issues, but I also feel like it's more or less the book that Gillen set out to write, so it's all ok with me.

I do feel like he hasn't quite explored Laura as Persephone enough. I wanted to see more of the differences between pre-godhood and post godhood. Though I haven't read this week's yet, so maybe they start to get into that.

Laura is my favorite and I want the book to go back to being about her. Those early issues, McKelvie's art for her is stunning.

Do you think he regrets killing Lucy?

Messi

lol she is never appearing in live-action Star Wars.

What exactly was the early promise?

A fun book.

I just wanted to see more of the gods living. I know that's not something we will ever get but those moments have been my favorite. Except for the Tara issue. That was fucked up and incredible.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Laura is my favorite and I want the book to go back to being about her. Those early issues, McKelvie's art for her is stunning.

Do you think he regrets killing Lucy?

I bet he does.
I feel like he had the best handle on writing the ones that are dead.

Lucy and Inanna felt so much more put together than any of the others ever did.

Malyse

Can we not post unmarked pages like this? I'd not have clicked it if I had any idea what book it was in relation to.

Okay.

But my opinion is that spoilers without context aren't really spoilers. That could be a head fake in any number of ways including the ever dreaded "just a dream sequence" or "hey what if this happened". Lest we forget, Miles canonically writes fanfiction. Also, it's not like they haven't been hyping this for the past what, six months? I mean, what exactly were you expecting?

Just saying.

Messi

Okay.

But my opinion is that spoilers without context aren't really spoilers. That could be a head fake in any number of ways including the ever dreaded "just a dream sequence" or "hey what if this happened". Lest we forget, Miles canonically writes fanfiction. Also, it's not like they haven't been hyping this for the past what, six months? I mean, what exactly were you expecting?

Just saying.

Just put Spider-Man preview in the link next time and stop being an ass. You put a link with no context what so ever.

y'all should really read the last issue of the thing you're talking about before talking about it, imo

Why wouldn't you? Like, if you're engaging in discussion about the most recent issue of an ongoing or an ongoing up until the current point in its lifespan, it should be assumed that you've read it up until that issue/point.

y'all should really read the last issue of the thing you're talking about before talking about it, imo

Ehhh. As long as you acknowledge the limited scope of whatever argument you're making I think it's fine

"I read the first three issues and I didn't like it" is a pretty normal thing to say here

I dunno, the Spider-Man thing doesn't really seem very spoilery considering it was one of the big images used to promote Miles Spider-Man for Marvel NOWest. I always kinda classified previews as extensions of solicits anyways.

Top Bottom