• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I just read the summary on Wikipedia. Doesnt sound like something I need to read.

Also don't think I can continue with Uncanny X-Men now that Land has taken over. Every face is either that stupid smile or super screamy.

I just read the summary on Wikipedia. Doesnt sound like something I need to read.

Also don't think I can continue with Uncanny X-Men now that Land has taken over. Every face is either that stupid smile or super screamy.

Second Coming has Land on the UXM issues, but they aren't that often and they aren't too bad. I think he has like, one Land face in there. Maybe two. Second Coming is pretty dope though.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Holy shit this Larry Stroman guy that just took over X-Factor is like 100x worse than Land. Luckily he only seems to be on issues.

Ms. Marvel #13
This issue could have been something. We start off with about three pages of Kamala's newly developin personal life, and immediately get thrust into the most blatant "DUNK THE VOTE!" shit I ever did see. Seriously. Plus they bring back a villain plot thread I had completely forgotten about thanks to CW2.

That said, having a superhero doing a heavy handed PSA in comic form is some of the most comic book shit ever. So I kind of liked it, but only because this is rare. If it happens again, I dunno how I'll feel. Especially at the cost of some really good shit that was gonna go down.

Extraordinary X-Men #16
And so we see the end of another EXM arc. I feel like I should have enjoyed this more than I did, but I'll just blame Ibañez's art and be on my merry. It had an interesting ending. We may see the return of our favorite happy go lucky swashbuckler Kurt. And also Forge and Cerebra did nothing as always.

This was pretty much Magik, Storm, and Nightcrawler's issue, so that's fine. Says something about a team book when three members of a 10+ are the only ones that get any real focus. The focus they do get is pretty good though.

The Uncanny Inhumans #16
So we have an issue that combines an interesting existential crisis, mixed with some cool action and character moments, blended with an interesting revelation on how Black Bolt's powers work, topped with a delightful "the fuck?" for the ending.

This fucking book, man. I effectively have no idea where this is going. Or where it will go, and it's just been getting worse since it started. Granted it's just average now and not terrible, but still.

Also does this mean that Treste and Irelle
intentionally plan dor Reader's dog get into that situation, or were they just opportunistic? Because that's super shitty if the former. The whole thing is selfish and shitty, but the first one in particular is really bad

Old Man Logan #14
And now this book has turned into "Old Man Logan's wacky adventures," and I'm totally okay with that. Pretty fun issue, especially given the removal of all the weight from the previous arcs. I also miss Sorrentino's art on this, but Andrade does a good job at being energetic and visceral. Simplistic and messy, but in a good way. Very raw.

Also the Howling Commandos are still lame, but Logan helps bring them up a bit. Great to see
Logan take charge and how intimidated by him everyone else is. Also Cerebra and Shogo are da bess. Kinda surprised the Silent One hasn't tagged along with him more. I do hope he comes back in a book. It'd be nice.

Fun issue with a fun ending.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yes he should have definitely broken an MCU NDA. A young actor at the start of his career that sounds like the optimal choice totally.

I was sarcastic.

Super stupid complaint that the director (not the actor in this case) doesnt want to spoil his creation from a leak, espescially since this movie has so many leaks.

What everyone does in this case means lying, and I can 100% relate that he doesnt goes up there and says, hey, yeah, its true, every leak confirmed.

Champions #3
I liked this issue.

I have no complaints.

That's pretty much it. I'm always a fan of being creative when it comes to superhero conflicts and I like the team interactions. Especially Cho with anyone. I almost feel bad for him. But then he's a dick. But in a fun way.

Good issue. Still loving this book.

I was sarcastic.

Super stupid complaint that the director (not the actor in this case) doesnt want to spoil his creation from a leak, espescially since this movie has so many leaks.

I don't care how much shit leaks, creatives have a right to protect their creation from entitled nerds.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Poor wording on my side, I am super tired and can barely stay awake, but like you I fail to see whats now again the big deal is when he doesnt confirm that this guys is Ganke and not "Ned".
I can completly understand that nobody wants to confirm something because something leaked and I really feel bad for the team because it feels like there is zero secrets anymore with the Zedana thing and Vulture and Keaton beeing revealed so early.

Hans is a bit pissed off.

Twitter version:
Ok, I am gonna rant a bit here too. People know that I am usually a very easy going person and I stay out of conflicts but here's the story
this morning I hear for the first time about the "marvel's french touch" exhibition in #angouleme . And of course I am not in
I guess 7 years working for Marvel both for interiors and covers weren't enough
'i mean I only did, what ? A hundred and something covers, maybe I still have to prove myself, right?'
and of course, in that exhibition, there are also artists (that I like, it's not the problem) who never worked for marvel
so again, congrats #FIBD2017 , you pissed me off

Kieron Gillen's response:

kmfdmpig

Ms. Marvel #13
This issue could have been something. We start off with about three pages of Kamala's newly developin personal life, and immediately get thrust into the most blatant "DUNK THE VOTE!" shit I ever did see. Seriously. Plus they bring back a villain plot thread I had completely forgotten about thanks to CW2.

That said, having a superhero doing a heavy handed PSA in comic form is some of the most comic book shit ever. So I kind of liked it, but only because this is rare. If it happens again, I dunno how I'll feel. Especially at the cost of some really good shit that was gonna go down.

It was funny how much of a PSA it was with specific instructions regarding eligibility, etc... and then it was late making it irrelevant altogether. 10 pages could have been taken right out and nothing would have been lost as the mechanics of how to register, where college students could register, etc... hardly meant anything by the time it came out. It's not like those who only marginally care will remember that for 2018 or 2020. If they're going to go all in on a specific event then they need to be 100% sure it will be on time or else they shouldn't fixate on synchronizing things with the real world. In this case an extra issue of her trip to Pakistan would have been much better than what we got.

TheFlow

Banned
Double post but fuck it heading to work and I haven't holla at yah in a minute.

SO I bought all of strangers in paradise. like 77 dollars thanks to the CMX sale. I am so excited. Sucks I missed the love and rockets sale but next time. Hope you happy messi.

I had no idea I was so behind on marvel books. I just bought about 20 books from the past 2 weeks and from next week.

I am excited for hawkeye and inhumans vs x men.

hope everything is great with you guys! Flow out

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Spidey trailer didn't blow my socks off like I thought it would.

Maybe the War of The Planet of The Apes trailer ruined it for me

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Havent seen the Apes Trailer but I didnt went crazy because of Spidey either.
Liked the Parker scenes. Maybe its because I blow my load of hype for Civil War.

Hagi

Vulture looks cool plus it's Michael Keaton so that's a win. The rest was eh. I'm sure it'll fit comfortably in with the rest of the MCU.

mreddie

10comics-item-blog427.jpg

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Vulture looks cool plus it's Michael Keaton so that's a win. The rest was eh. I'm sure it'll fit comfortably in with the rest of the MCU.

Yep, Vulture looks amazing. Perhaps my favourite MCU villain design thus far.

Shocker looks really bad :(

Which is funny because Ganke is terrible in the comics. Fuck him.

<3

I hate him too. He's a terrible, selfish friend to Miles.

It was funny how much of a PSA it was with specific instructions regarding eligibility, etc... and then it was late making it irrelevant altogether. 10 pages could have been taken right out and nothing would have been lost as the mechanics of how to register, where college students could register, etc... hardly meant anything by the time it came out. It's not like those who only marginally care will remember that for 2018 or 2020. If they're going to go all in on a specific event then they need to be 100% sure it will be on time or else they shouldn't fixate on synchronizing things with the real world. In this case an extra issue of her trip to Pakistan would have been much better than what we got.
Yeah the Pakistan stuff felt like there was something there, too
pretty obvious that the Red Dagger or whatever his name was was actually the dude living with her family
, but whatever. This book doesn't know where it's gonna go yet, but my prediction is that
Gabe will become a part of Kamala's support team along with Mike
. Other than that it's whatever. Ms. Marvel has earned my leeway for going on as long as it has and for the fact that so many books these days are focused on plot arcs and are constantly moving, so I don't mind a little break. Yeah I'm one of those guys who doesn't mind a little filler here and there.

Michael Keaton actually looks like he's having fun. I can't remember the last time he was in a non-serious role.

Top ten books in November from Diamond:
1 Batman #10
2 Batman #11
3 Civil War II #7
4 All Star Batman #4
5 Invincible Iron Man #1
6 Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1
7 Batman Annual #1
8 Venom #1
9 Walking Dead #160
10 IVX #0

Only have a few episodes of Marco Polo S1 left~

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Weapon X.

I like good guy Sabertooth, because he still really isn't that good of a guy. Plus he's basically just Angel now. I'm more than okay with that.

so hes not in a team? boo on that

Top Bottom