• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Anybody reading Spider-Man/Deadpool? I want to drop it because of all the god-awful guest writer issues but, dammit, I do like the main plot. I bet a lot of you would hate this Itsy Bitsy invention but I kind of love it. I mean, webs that slice like katana swords? That's just cool.

Malyse

Anybody reading Spider-Man/Deadpool? I want to drop it because of all the god-awful guest writer issues but, dammit, I do like the main plot. I bet a lot of you would hate this Itsy Bitsy invention but I kind of love it. I mean, webs that slice like katana swords? That's just cool.

I love it, but I'm out. Penn Jillette wrote one of the worst issues of anything I've ever read ever. Guest == gone. I feel fucking bad for anyone who picked that particular issue up.

I love it, but I'm out. Penn Jillette wrote one of the worst issues of anything I've ever read ever. Guest == gone. I feel fucking bad for anyone who picked that particular issue up.

Yeah, I read that one today. Well, I skimmed the last 2/3s. It was so bad. Next issue is a guest, too. I think I'll just drop it after the conclusion of the Itsy Bitsy arc. I would ideally pick up only the main writer/artist issues, but I'm just not gonna stay on top of it like that. And out of the first 12 issues, there's were 4 terrible guest writers. Not a great ratio for a $4 book.

Spider-Man trailer opinions

- strong opening
- way to much tony in the trailer. Peter needs to figure things out on his own. Not with daddy Tony there. He invaded Cap's movie and now he's doing it to Spider-Man
- they seriously gave him Ganke? Ugh
- love the eye reactions
- he's holding things together with webbing again??
- Keaton should be strong as a villain

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Spider-Man trailer opinions

- strong opening
- way to much tony in the trailer. Peter needs to figure things out on his own. Not with daddy Tony there
- they seriously gave him Ganke? Ugh
- love the eye reactions
- he's holding things together with webbing again??
- Keaton should be strong as a villain

They're pretending his name's Ned, but, yeah. They gave him Ganke. But if that means that eventual Miles gets to be buds with Judge, then I'm ok with it.

Today I learned two things: Luna/Stella was not the best girl everyone thought she was destined to be and Tony is watching Peter in the new movie so he can bang his aunt.

Messi

I dunno, the Spider-Man thing doesn't really seem very spoilery considering it was one of the big images used to promote Miles Spider-Man for Marvel NOWest. I always kinda classified previews as extensions of solicits anyways.

In a week where I got shit for posting a random page from a preview that didn't spoil anything, I disagree. I don't care if they want to post it. He could have taken two seconds and wrote the book title.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ganke makes sense as a high school friend.

Yeah, he could be a friend and not the next person in the endless trail of stupid and unnecessary unmaskings in Spider-Man movies. Would be cool for me when Peter had a Secret Identity for at least one movie.

Messi

That's a great trailer. It's funny and the final shot is awesome.

I'd guess they will eventually get to Gwen and go the Spider-Gwen route. Easy money.

THIS SHE-HULK COVER:
INAAeqg.jpg

Spider-Man Homecoming trailer got me super hyped. Why so much Tony Stark, though? :(

The last Andrew Garfield movie was so bad, Sony actually made a deal with Marvel/Disney. Having Ironman in there reminds people that this isn't that shitty Spider-man, this is the Spider-man that beat up Giantman.

Ross61

I thought the Spider-Man trailer was good but nothing really wowed me yet. Definitely interested tho.

Haven't read comics in a while, but I'm binging them when I wake up.

Tizoc

So Comicgaf The Game released on ps4 recently, titled Let it die
I cant help but think of comicgaf when playing it for some reason

That
dream/fantasy sequence
was the low point of the book, and it went on for two pages! What a waste of space.
I thought that sequence was pretty fun!
All-New Ultimates: The comic for Serpentine
I couldn't even defend that book for too long, it was... not great
Serp Comix is the name of my new comic store
All of the staff likes Gambit and superhero outfits with jackets
WWE Network 24/7 (IN 2016) playing over the speaker
Uhhh fuck you guys because this sounds great and now i'm gonna do it

Spider-man trailer is pretty awesome. Is that Ganke hah? That's left field but hey, why not. If we only have one MCU spiderman and they think Ganke is a strong element in the comics, sure.

About the wicked + Divine living up to it's early promise; I really didn't like the first volume, so kind of interested it perhaps evolved from that point. I think I'm over it though, not sure I'll try volume 2. I'm thinking maybe try get into Gillen's writing with Vader at some point though. W+D is really my only experience with him and it was a pretty big let down after the hype.

Top Bottom