• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Tizoc

Rucka's Sabretooth was a good variation of the character. Still a villainous asshole, but in his Wolverine run, Sabretooth had more lines of dialog than the entire cast of the series combined.

Sandfox

oh good guy Sabes is still a thing? what book is he going to be in?
The interviews with X-Men editors Daniel Ketchum and Mark Paniccia also reveal new details about a few of the book. For example, “X-Men Blue” will feature additional members, one of which will be hinted at in the first issue. Paniccia indicated that the new member might be a woman, commenting on the fact that right now the lineup is mostly men.
There are so many possibilities lol.

Surprised to see Venom on there, of all books

There was strong demand for Venom from what I've read weeks back.

Surprised to see Venom on there, of all books

It and USAvengers have had tons of variant covers to stores. It apparently haven't been received that that well in the actual stores but the ones who managed to sell the "reprinted McFarlane" cover are probably happy they ordered 1000 issues for their store:
venom_1_top_secret_arq0sbc.jpg

What a ugly cover.

Btw, the top book of each month are:
  • January: Walking Dead #150
  • February: Dark Knight III: The Master Race #3
  • March: Batman #50
  • April: Black Panther #1
  • May: DC Universe Rebirth #1
  • June: Civil War II #1
  • July: Justice League #1
  • August: Harley Quinn #1
  • September: Batman #6
  • October: Big Trouble in Little China/Escape From New York #1
  • November: Batman #10
  • December: ???(not USAvengers since it's releasing in January IIRC despite being solicited in the December ones)

I like "I am Groot"-Groot well enough

But I vastly prefer Indignant Monarch-Groot and I miss him

He's gone for good I'm sure

I think a recent Groot focused issue revealed the Groot on the GotG isn't even the Groot from the classic comic which is what he was first said to be back in Conquest etc. Everything to make him nicer and more MCU-like?

Finally a colored version of this:

Edit:

Comicsbeat: 2017 May Be A Rough Year For Comics Retail And The Industry - Or Not.

Contains this great quote:
Enthusiasm for Monsters Unleashed is non-existent, and The Inhumans becoming a sales smash is a fantasy worthy of J.K. Rowling.

Ryan Higgins talked a bit about the year.

Finally wrapped up my backlog of singles today with several issues of Wonder Woman. It was a great treat to go through them all at once. This is one of the few Rebirth books that seems headed towards that "evergreen trades" status DC covets.

Edit: is there another site out there that performs the same function as comiclist? It appears to be down.

What a ugly cover.

Depends. If it's prismatic like those old hologram cards in the Marvel trading card series, then it's fucking awesome.

Honestly I expected this news to come from Messi. I'm a little disappointed here, other-Messi.

Has anyone gotten the Harley holiday rwb statue yet?

Just a matter of when DCBS decides to charge me. It should be soon since they already have two other statues in-stock for me. And those cunts love waiting until they have over $150 worth of shit for you before they ship.

Messi

Depends. If it's prismatic like those old hologram cards in the Marvel trading card series, then it's fucking awesome.

Honestly I expected this news to come from Messi. I'm a little disappointed here, other-Messi.

Just a matter of when DCBS decides to charge me. It should be soon since they already have two other statues in-stock for me. And those cunts love waiting until they have over $150 worth of shit for you before they ship.

I don't post news. I generally don't look at previews and can assure you I'm avoiding everything for Batwoman.

DCBS shipped my harley on 30/11

mreddie

Grain of salt as fuck.
4 Jackie Chan about Mavoo
Squadon is done and Scarlet Witch is gonna be put on ice for a while
Guardians are getting a relaunch as well as Spidey by Summer
New Hydra Order is the Summer event and another soft relaunch is in the cards, also not as much tie ins this go around

Again, grain.

Grain of salt as fuck.
4 Jackie Chan
New Hydra Order is the Summer event and another soft relaunch is in the cards, also not as much tie ins this go around

Again, grain.

^Marvel rumors folks

So, if true
is Bendis done with Guardians? That might already be confirmed, I can't recall. Is Slott done with ASM?
Excited for the Hydra event. We have actually been building towards that since Standoff so it might turn out really good. I would assume Spencer is writing it.

That's the second rumor I have seen for that. Could be the same source for all I know, but it would make sense

And Scarlet Witch and Squadron getting killed would not be surprising

Sandfox

Grain of salt as fuck.
4 Jackie Chan

Again, grain.
I really doubt whoever shared these is in the know lol.

Sandfox

Well it looks like sites are finally starting to report on the ASM trade leak long after the fact lol.

^Marvel rumors folks

So, if true
is Bendis done with Guardians? That might already be confirmed, I can't recall. Is Slott done with ASM?
Excited for the Hydra event. We have actually been building towards that since Standoff so it might turn out really good. I would assume Spencer is writing it.

That's the second rumor I have seen for that. Could be the same source for all I know, but it would make sense

And Scarlet Witch and Squadron getting killed would not be surprising
Guardians is ending after the current arc ends and to me it looks like Slott is trying to finish up his run.
Yep but said user has been said that Witch, Vision and Wasp were gonna get solos back before SDCC 2015/The ANAD preview
Again, those were kinda safe bets.
The fact that they are so safe is why I'm doubting it lol.

Yeah they are all very safe. Possibly just speculation.

I'm not sure that Wasp prediction is impressive because it eventually came true. Like if I predict there will be some sort of new Fantastic Four book and then three years from now they announce one, that's not exactly stellar futuresight

Though I will absolutely link back to this post if they do

Worse still, predicting the resurgence of a character in a MCU movie, like duh. I predict Mantis will return to the Guardians next year at the latest, I am in the know

My sources also say Yondu

mreddie

Yeah they are all very safe. Possibly just speculation.

I'm not sure that Wasp prediction is impressive because it eventually came true. Like if I predict there will be some sort of new Fantastic Four book and then three years from now they announce one, that's not exactly stellar futuresight

Though I will absolutely link back to this post if they do

Again, the Wasp one was likely due to her getting hype around the AM movie.

It's like saying Tom Brady will have a good year before the season starts.

Now that I've conquered my mountain of singles I'm trying to decide what to read next. I need your input comicgaf...

Do I want to catch up on...

Invincible
Lumberjanes
The Flintstones
Manifest Destiny
Tom King's Omega Men
Midnighter (pre-Midnighter and Apollo)
orrr
Sheriff of Babylon
?

I will get to them all eventually, but what direction should I point myself in today?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Now that I've conquered my mountain of singles I'm trying to decide what to read next. I need your input comicgaf...

Invincible
Lumberjanes
The Flintstones
Manifest Destiny
Tom King's Omega Men
orrr
Sheriff of Babylon
?

I will get to them all eventually, but what direction should I point myself in today?

I think you know what I'm going to say.

Ah done with work and caught up on my tv backlog. Think I might do a little of that so called comic book reading tonight. I think I'll head back to pre Rebirth superman. The end of these runs with him depowered are surprisingly strong

In other news I need to update my gaf pet peeves list. I can't stand:
- Thread titles that start with a variation of "Can we talk about X?"
- replies that start with a variation of "You do realize that Y". Ugh

tim1138

Invincible
Lumberjanes
The Flintstones
Manifest Destiny
Tom King's Omega Men
orrr
Sheriff of Babylon
?

Midnighter

Top Bottom