• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Sandfox

But she knows his identity...she's supposed to be his girlfriend...hello? McFly?
Let's pretend she was a skrull and got taken down during the time gap.

I just assumed they broke up.
He was banging someone at the China branch iirc.
Yeah, and it's probably the weakest relationship he has ever had because Slott has been focused on how the company affects Peter and setting up Clone Conspiracy rather than Peter's personal life.

this is fucking hilarious. existential flinstones what the hell.

i admire it though because it reads like a parody. i hope that's what the writer intended. pretty genius move.

The current Flintstones book is very much intended to be a social/political commentary. It's really smart and definitely worth a look. The best thing to come out of the Hanna-Barbera reboot comics.

Time for a list of comics

Detective Comics #946
Gotham Academy Second Semester #4
Wonder Woman #12
Gwenpool Holiday Special
Hawkeye #1
Jessica Jones #3
Hillbilly #4
Motor Girl #2

Steven Universe 2016 Special #1

diaspora

Let's pretend she was a skrull and got taken down during the time gap.

I just assumed they broke up.

Yeah, and it's probably the weakest relationship he has ever had because Slott has been focused on how the company affects Peter and setting up Clone Conspiracy rather than Peter's personal life.
It's why I'd prefer they don't focus on relationships at all tbh. Though I was warming up to Bobbi being a regular during the Zodiac arc.

JTripper

Does Chuck Dixon still write? What was the last significant thing he did? I'm reading his Batgirl Year One and Nightwing run currently and I fucking love his writing.

Ah, what a wonderful week! So excited for so many of these!

Motor Girl 2

Hillbilly 4

Mega Princess 2

Deathstroke 8
Detective Comics 946
New Super-Man 6
Wonder Woman 12

TMNT 65

Drifter 15
Mayday 2
Moonshine 3
Rockstars 1

All-New X-Men 16
ASM Renew Your Vows 2
Daredevil 14
Foolkiller 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 15
Gwenpool Holiday Special Merry Mix-Up
Hawkeye 1
IvX 1
Jessica Jones 3
Old Man Logan 15
Power Man & Iron Fist 11
Spider-Man 10
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 15
Uncanny Avengers 17

I would kill for a Chuck Dixon Red Hood book. He did wonders with so many of the Bat characters (though his Batman was a bit too much of a dick for my tastes) that I can't help but believe that his Red Hood book would be absolutely worth reading for me.

Does Chuck Dixon still write? What was the last significant thing he did? I'm reading his Batgirl Year One and Nightwing run currently and I fucking love his writing.

HaNiw2Y.jpg

MartyStu

None of that has to be spoilered :p

But the value in OMD is that mercifully MJ was removed from the picture. Sure a lot of the stories would have been possible with them being married, but they're better without them together.

Better in what way? Because MJ did not need to be written in those stories?

And to be honest, I do not really care over much about the relationship...just the eventual by-product.

I am ready for Spider-Dad.

And to be honest, I do not really care over much about the relationship...just the eventual by-product.

Yeah that's the good stuff right there. At least we have Renew Your Vows now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just realised now that I canceled my sub I cant finish Vision.

raw

Beginning to read X-23: The Complete Collection Vol. 1, and it just hit me: see, I frequently think about what kinds of superhero team books I'd love to see because, well why not.

I thought of an X-book I would love to see: Stepford Sisters, Benjamin Deeds, Hijack, Tempus, Triage, and Goldballs lead by (drumroll please)

Hope Summers.

Team mentor would be Havok.

A wide array of powers and experience across the board, plus Hope's lead teams before and no one is really doing anything with her at all. And Havok has never been the traditional gung-ho superhero. More reluctant than anything, plus he's been a leader before. And after AXIS and Scott he's been staying out of the spotlight and sticking more towards the shadows. And that was BEFORE Death of X.
I just realised now that I canceled my sub I cant finish Vision.

raw
We all make mistakes. Just some less than others.

I've never been much of a fan of Superman in comics, so I didn't bother reading Superman Rebirth... until this week. Now I'm all in. I love it -- the art, the tone, everything.

pa22word

Hey I took a break from comics for a while and just came back. Read up Hadrian's wall (like), the invisible republic (much like), Eclipse (enjoyable), ad: after death(much like), and caught up on outcast(enjoyable).

Anything else noteworthy I missed? Any new army of darkness worth reading? How about dredd? All star batman worth the money? King batman worth a read?

diaspora

Better in that a poor relationship and a poor character were no longer in the picture. Having a kid would be even worse imo.

Messi

That attempt as a joke about Harry Potter is awful. It won't be gritty Sabrina, that's the Archie Horror imprint. It will be a Sabrina book in the same vein as Waid's Archie.

I also can't get excited for Archie Horror anything due to the awful release schedule.

Afterlife has been on schedule for a bit.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Hey I took a break from comics for a while and just came back. Read up Hadrian's wall (like), the invisible republic (much like), Eclipse (enjoyable), ad: after death(much like), and caught up on outcast(enjoyable).

Anything else noteworthy I missed? Any new army of darkness worth reading? How about dredd? All star batman worth the money? King batman worth a read?

A bunch of noteworthy Image titles.

Manifest Destiny
East of West
Lazarus
Monstress
Saga
Paper Girls
Chew
Revival
Birthright
Rumble
Deadly Class
Southern Bastards
The Fix

I think FFXV might be my GOTY along with Dragon Quest Builders. I've spent 26 hours just running around having fun.

(At the cinema job right now)

He stopped doing stuff for DC a few years back because he believed that they had been ruined by having too many gay and lesbian characters.

Top Bottom