• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

JAAS6KJ.png

tim1138

We include it every month don't we?

Nope. Only four books in the entire line and you left out Cave Carson.

Doom Patrol #4 By Way, Derington (Dec 14th) - Everything is getting stranger and stranger for Casey Brinke. The secrets she’s learned about her true origin do a little to explain the bizarre new surroundings she finds herself in, but not why she’s attracting the members of Doom Patrol like so many flies.

Mother Panic #2 By Houser, Edwards (Dec 28th) - Mother Panic is on the hunt, which means Violet Paige is out on the town, making a splash among Gotham City’s elite. But what role do missing kids play in her thirst for vengeance? And what does her target have to do with the mysterious death of her father?

Shade The Changing Girl #3 By Castellucci, Zarcone (Dec 7th) - Trying to settle into her new life as an Earth girl, Shade finds the body she has taken over doesn’t have the same skills as it did when its previous inhabitant was in charge.

Messi

Nope. Only four books in the entire line and you left out Cave Carson.

I believe that decision was out of my hands. I am fairly sure I sent a list that included cave. Or maybe that was this month.

Feel free to tell me which young animal book you would like dropped going forward as we can only have 3.

I've been randomly selecting the two that aren't Doom Patrol each month. No conspiracy here.

TheFlow

Banned
I believe that decision was out of my hands. I am fairly sure I sent a list that included cave. Or maybe that was this month.

Feel free to tell me which young animal book you would like dropped going forward as we can only have 3.

I've been randomly selecting the two that aren't Doom Patrol each month. No conspiracy here.
I blame freeza
Edit:feels sooo good to have the panther avy back

tim1138

See ya later Mother Panic!

Dump the separate Young Animal section altogether. If they're good enough to highlight, put them in the DC section where they belong. An imprint with four mediocre comics getting its own section is silly.

It would make more sense to highlight Hanna-Barbera, tbh.

Messi

Dump the separate Young Animal section altogether. If they're good enough to highlight, put them in the DC section where they belong. Am imprint with four mediocre comics getting its own section is silly.

DC has too many books to roll them back in. I already considered Hanna.

mreddie

The Archies from Rosenberg and the guy who wrote Archie meets the Ramons.

Little Archie from the Tiny Titans creative team.

New Riverdale Sabrina from the original My Little Pony creative team with the Tiny Titans artist also collaborating

Werewolf Archie from Tieri and the artist who worked on Worst X-Man Ever.

True or your wish list?

COMICS-GAF should be...
IDW
Marvoo
DCCCCC
BOOM!
Indies

NOTHING ELSE!

TheFlow

Banned
Dump the separate Young Animal section altogether. If they're good enough to highlight, put them in the DC section where they belong. An imprint with four mediocre comics getting its own section is silly.

laughing-gif10.gif

True or your wish list?

COMICS-GAF should be...
IDW
Marvoo
DCCCCC
BOOM!
Indies

NOTHING ELSE!

I miss the guy who would post his pulllist in image form and 90% of it was Archie trades and Zenescope books.

Also, the issue of MMPR where the new Ranger's origin is revealed had better be on there the month it releases, or I will write a strongly worded letter.

Sandfox

True or your wish list?
The only things up for debate is whether the werewolf book stars Archie and if the Sabrina book is a part of the new Riverdale line, but those seem pretty obvious. The creative teams are confirmed and everything else is spoonfed to us.

DC has too many books to roll them back in. I already considered Hanna.

Doesn't Marvel publish a larger number of books than DC? Don't they have only one section? I'm trying to understand the internal logic here.

drop DC

we can stop pretending we care about Suicide Squad and Supergirl now

Harley Quinn is the real problem. A deplorable comic, in the Hillary Clinton use of the word. Irredeemable. Still tends to make the list. I think two Gaffers buy it...maybe?

Messi

True or your wish list?

COMICS-GAF should be...
IDW
Marvoo
DCCCCC
BOOM!
Indies

NOTHING ELSE!

Spoilers

DC (YA and Hanna)
Marvel
Dark Horse
Valiant
Boom
Indie

This is next month's lineup. IDW is in indie. Picking IDW books was a struggle.

I pick Harley Quinn because I like the book. I'm sorry if it being featured offends you.

Messi

Doesn't Marvel publish a larger number of books than DC? Don't they have only one section? I'm trying to understand the internal logic here.

Harley Quinn is the real problem. A deplorable comic, in the Hillary Clinton use of the word. Irredeemable. Still tends to make the list. I think two Gaffers buy it...maybe?

If Marvel had an imprint id feature that too.

Let's not make this a DC vs Marvel thing again.

mreddie

The only things up for debate is whether the werewolf book stars Archie and if the Sabrina book is a part of the new Riverdale line, but those seem pretty obvious. The creative teams are confirmed and everything else is spoonfed to us.

Is the Kevin and Reggie books part of the New Riverdale?

Spoilers

WRONG!

YOU FOOL! Unless the OP has Wasp, then, everything is fine...

Also, are you gonna trim the lists to 6 to avoid clutter?

Messi

Is the Kevin and Reggie books part of the New Riverdale?

YOU FOOL! Unless the OP has Wasp, then, everything is fine...

Also, are you gonna trim the lists to 6 to avoid clutter?

Wasp is in next month.

We aren't cutting marvel or DC's books. It really doesn't affect people post page one. I think there are less books in other parts. Maybe.

DC marvel and image are very easy to pick 9 books.

ROM Annual, Micronauts Annual, BTTF: Biff to the Future and Lost Light #2 for sure. I guess MASK or GI Joe (they have Skywarp as a member now FFS!) and one of the Turtles books and you're set.

The best part is that most of these books will still be around after DC pulls the plug on Young Animal!

If Marvel had an imprint id feature that too.

Let's not make this a DC vs Marvel thing again.

I'm not, and you know it. Very easy strawman to make, but ignoring my point.

I'm saying your argument is that DC has too many books to fold Young Animal in to its section, when Marvel has one section and publishes more books than DC + YA + Hanna combined. How does Star Wars not have its own section? That's a completely separate universe with sales that crush what YA is seeing. Tons of us read those books. Do they have a different section?

Your OT, your rules. Just an odd, misleading way to explain why YA needs its own place.

Messi

ROM Annual, Micronauts Annual, BTTF: Biff to the Future and Lost Light #2 for sure. I guess MASK or GI Joe (they have Skywarp as a member now FFS!) and one of the Turtles books and you're set.

Oh I could pick them. I even had a list this month. But other months eh. 3 titles sure.

Messi

I'm not, and you know it. Very easy strawman to make, but ignoring my point.

I'm saying your argument is that DC has too many books to fold Young Animal in to its section, when Marvel has one section and publishes more books than DC + YA + Hanna combined. How does Star Wars not have its own section? That's a completely separate universe with sales that crush what YA is seeing. Tons of us read those books. Do they have a different section?

Your OT, your rules. Just an odd, misleading way to explain why YA needs its own place.

It has a section because we want to highlight it. We wanted to highlight aphra this month so we did. The OT has no rules and acting like we have some vendetta against marvel is hilarious considering what books I pull.

Messi

We decided to pick 9 books for DC and Marvel being the big two. I cut many books from both companies, originally we had Young Animal as a separate thing for its launch. Freeza wanted it gone a month or two ago and I stopped him. Apparently this bothers Tragic so going forward we won't have young animal as a separate thing going forward.

I put in the ROM Annual. I swapped out some dumb Transformers book for it.

:D

Seems really shortsighted when we've had multiple threads in Off Topic lately about MTMTE/Lost Light. But ye have your biases, and that's fine. Everyone does. If I was making it I'd change the format entirely and it'd probably be like the Steam thread with people submitting blurbs for upcoming books. 54 books in an OP seems like madness to me. The "make it yourself" argument will be invoked and we'll go around in circles on this. Again. Yet again.

Bring back sillymonkey, goddamnit.

Messi

so much discussion and argument for an OP most people glance at for 30 seconds and never look at again

Seems really shortsighted when we've had multiple threads in Off Topic lately about MTMTE/Lost Light. But ye have your biases, and that's fine. Everyone does. If I was making it I'd change the format entirely and it'd probably be like the Steam thread with people submitting blurbs for upcoming books. The "make it yourself" argument will be invoked and we'll go around in circles on this. Again. Yet again.

Bring back sillymonkey, goddamnit.

I had nothing to do with that company. I only pull Jem stuff

Let's be honest. None of you give a fuck about the OT.

People are really getting angered over Best Of lists. lol

One list that for some reason people decided that the dude who wrote it is some ambassador of comics.

We decided to pick 9 books for DC and Marvel being the big two. I cut many books from both companies, originally we had Young Animal as a separate thing for its launch. Freeza wanted it gone a month or two ago and I stopped him. Apparently this bothers Tragic so going forward we won't have young animal as a separate thing going forward.

That cleverly ignores my "your OT, your rules" response. My point wasn't about a vendetta. It was about you saying there's too much DC to roll them together, when Marvel publishes more books and has one section.

MG310

Found those DC Bombshells mini vinyl figures at Walmart today. Some jerk opened the entire case of blind boxes and I'm guessing took all of the Harley,Ivy and the b&w variant Wonder Woman/Harley.

I looked through what was left and got Batwoman,Canary and Flash. Much cleaner paint than what Funko shits out at the same price point.

Messi

That cleverly ignores my "your OT, your rules" response. My point wasn't about a vendetta. It was about you saying there's too much DC to roll them together, when Marvel publishes more books and has one section.

All I was saying is I didn't want to drop mainline dc books for young animal so we had a separate section. We should have had one for Star Wars but we didn't think of it. It's not an issue now as the section is gone. So that can be the end of this.

Top Bottom