• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

TheFlow

Banned
Nah, not my fault. I had Cave in the lineup initially, but Messi specifically requested Shade #3. And I wasn't dumping Doom Patrol or Mother Panic. Those books are actually good.

:D

just now seeing this. that explains.

and lol how we judging these books so hard when mother panic only has 1 issue and the others barely got 3.

We decided to pick 9 books for DC and Marvel being the big two. I cut many books from both companies, originally we had Young Animal as a separate thing for its launch. Freeza wanted it gone a month or two ago and I stopped him. Apparently this bothers Tragic so going forward we won't have young animal as a separate thing going forward.
I think we are making a bigger than we should about this. Every person who make the ot is going to have slight biases toward what they want up. I know if I did one BP would be all over the place and vice versa. Yah are doing a great job! keep it up. I know its going to be hard only picking 9 dc books next month.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Happy to be past the Stroman issues of X-Factor. Dudes work was rough. It was only three and a half issues but it felt like at least four.

My goal is to get through issue #50 by the end of the week. I'm on #39 right now.

Thread was already made.

WE'RE BACK TO THE THREAD MAKING THING?

THiiSbU.png

WE'RE BACK TO THAT?

Eidjinn

this is hot. I gotta read sandman before I die. Lord let me see that day.

you can never go wrong with an absolute. I would get the deluxe or the absolute If I had to go physical. that box set is cool but 12 hc books is not something I am into.

brightest day should be included, but Vanwrinkle and timm are our experts on that.

there is facebook group that I will pm to you called the omnibus collectors. they not only help people find hc all over the world but people are more than willinging to trade/sell overseas.

top 10 probably won't

criminals by Bendis already has an omnibus that just came I think. and lord is it thick.

sandman has 5 absolutes but there is another called death with the side stories, then sandman overturn.

Also check out instock trades com. also called IST around here. it is a great comic online store to buy omnibus, trades, and hc.

1. I'd just get the regular tpb unless you absolutely need it in hardcover

2. The Brightest Day omnibus collects the 26 (?) issues of the Brightest Day series, it's not a Green Lantern story. There is a Green Lantern Brightest Day collection, but it's an arc that was actually titled New Guardians and would be in either the 2nd or 3rd omnibus

4) Probably not

6) There's the recent Sandman Overture series from a year or two ago that as far as I know hasn't been released in Absolute format

Amazing

Thanks for the info!

I'll try to get those comics!

By the way, I really want to get the absolute/omnibus/deluxe editions, as I got traumatized by tpbs: for some reason I think it gets in a lot worse shape over the years, although, after 15 years not reading comics, now there's plenty of info around the internet on how to properly and safely conserve them!

VanWinkle

Thanks for the info!

I'll try to get those comics!

By the way, I really want to get the absolute/omnibus/deluxe editions, as I got traumatized by tpbs: for some reason I think it gets in a lot worse shape over the years, although, after 15 years not reading comics, now there's plenty of info around the internet on how to properly and safely conserve them!

Just to add to what Tim said about the Brightest Day omni. I read that series between the GL by Johns Omnibus Volumes 2 and 3, and honestly I don't think it's necessary reading. It has very little to do with Green Lantern and is definitely not as good as the regular Green Lantern by Johns and GLC by Tomasi stuff. GL by Johns Omnibus Vol. 3 includes the GL Brightest Day side-story (which is separate from the material in the Brightest Day Omnibus) at the beginning, and it's really all you need to worry about.

Watchmen I would personally get in deluxe edition format. Pretty much the same content at less than half the price. Granted, if you can find the Absolute edition at a really cheap price, that IS the best format to read it.

I have heard nothing but great things about Promethea, but it's really hard to get Vol. 1 (and vol. 2 really, but you seem to have a lead on that one). I'm sure it would be worth it. J.H. Williams III's art looks INCREDIBLE in there.

Sandman Overture is only in deluxe edition. Other than that, all of it's in absolute format.

Can you guys help me with a few doubts?

1)Never read Watchmen. So, should I try to buy the absolute, or wait for the collector's box edition?

2)Should I get Green Lantern Brighest day omnibus, or this arc is included in the Green Lantern Omnibuses by Geoff Johns?

3)Aside insock trades and Nobles and Barnes, any other great comic book store that ships internationally?

4)Will Top 10 from Alan Moore ever be republished in Absolute format?

5)How about Criminals by Bendis (I think)? Will it receive a omnibus?

6) Everything related to Sandman is found in the 5 absolutes? Anything else I should buy to have the entire material of Sandman?

7) Is Promethea worth buying absolutes? (I think I saw a place that was selling numbers 2 and 3!)
Thanks! XD

1) I would suggest the oversized hardcover or the Absolute.

2) No comment.

3) cheap-comics.com and Wordery.

4) Doubtful

6) Just the first four Absolutes contains the main run. I would suggest those four and then Sandman Overture (which is a prequel but should be read after).

7) If you love the story, definitely because the art is gorgeous. But volume 1 is out of print and goes for absurd prices. There have been noises about an Immateria edition, that is going to be printed in portrait, which is going to be great for the two page spreads in the series. (But it has been delayed for years now).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I unsubbed from MU but I didnt unsub from this thread

<3

except Echo, I unsubbed from him

Hagi

Hmm that ASM sale is pretty tempting as the last issue I read was #10. It doesn't include any of the before dead no more stuff though so that kinda sucks.

Hagi

Laura is back in a X-Force-like costume in the next arc of AN Wolverine.

I really don't like Marvel putting #1 on every arc's first issue now.

Putting her back in the good ol' murder suit, nice. With the amount of shit she has went through since becoming Wolverine I can see the need for a more protected suit but at the same time she throws herself into basically everything with little regard for herself so maybe bulletproof isn't going far enough lol

That said every single hero's suit in this dumbass universe should be bulletproof as standard

Messi

So instead of starting X-23 (I said I was last night but got only about three pages in before zonking out), I decided to start Ewing's Mighty Avengers (I bought all of it from my LCS. 3 trades at like, $15 apiece).

Honestly, Land's art isn't too bad here. Though I'm sure Ewing helps, as he's certainly a step up from Bunn on Uncanny X-Men

I looked for the thread that had the OT wholesale lifted from here, but I couldn't find it.

The site admin pmed me on there asking about it and said he didn't feel comfortable with it being lifted. So I had it removed and the thread got locked.

The site admin pmed me on there asking about it and said he didn't feel comfortable with it being lifted. So I had it removed and the thread got locked.
Ah I see. But I wanted to see it...
So he's going to be completely disregarding her characterization in this volume of ANXM.

Good it's awful
I wouldn't say it was awful, but it just wasn't very good given everything I've read with her in it that came prior.

Messi

Ah I see. But I wanted to see it...

I wouldn't say it was awful, but it just wasn't very good given everything I've read with her in it that came prior.

It was just the banners and solicits removing the community and spoiler stuff and the guy saying he stole it from here and intended to keep stealing it going forward. In the comments he again told someone he stole it.

I barely remember it... to the point I'm not convinced it was really a thing that existed.

Haha I definitely remember it as this sort of hazy strange thing, it must have been like a good 20 years old when I saw the reruns later in the evening on cartoon network, and I must have been maybe 4, but the tune was the kind of thing that got me hyper when my parents wanted me to go and sleep. My dad would mark out for it too Hah.

One banana two banana three banana four

something something something something

tra la la la la la la

Yes!!

mreddie

I like to think ANXM takes place before ANW

Amazing Arizona Comic Con canned for good. Fuck.

Creator Rob Liefeld chimed in as well, saying that while he enjoyed the Arizona shows, which have been running since 2010, the convention business is becoming more difficult, with Wizard World &#8220;cratering&#8221; and smaller events &#8220;clogging up the landscape with their disappointments.

Owzers

Amazon has the Wonder Woman art of war Bruce timm statue for 47.70 right now. If I wasn't waiting for the holiday Harley to drop in price I'd probably cave, so this is a heads up on a low statue price.

mreddie

IwwKjZL.gif

DANGER!

131 Future Quest (2016) 7 19,910
135 Shade the Changing Girl (2016) 2 19,525
136 Spider-Man 2099 (2015) 17 19,271
139 Silk (2015) 14 18,987
142 Prowler (2016) 2 17,617
145 Thunderbolts (2016) 7 17,269
150 Spider-Woman (2015) 13 16,386
151 Squadron Supreme (2015) 13 16,309
165 Scarlet Witch (2015) 12 13,206
173 Solo (2016) 2 12,722 1 30,589 -17,867
184 Flintstones (2016) 5 11,552

TheFlow

Banned
IwwKjZL.gif

DANGER!

fuckkkkkk

DANGER!

I am already looking forward to the announcements of what these books will be replaced with.

:D

Top Bottom