• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Comic-GAF;

Today I became a True Believer by subscribing to MAHVEL Unlimited.

Recommend me some stuff,

Thanks in advance.
Hawkeye by Matt Fraction
Daredevil by Mark Waid (2011 first then the follow-up)
Superior Foes of Spider-Man
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
X-Force/X-Statix
Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender

All are pretty easy to just jump right in and they're all really good.

Change the base and make it a Wonder Woman movie statue. Watch.

I suggested that a while back. It would make the most sense, since the target movie has come, gone, and is not fondly remembered for the most part.

She's set for February at the moment. She looks so good....

12920394_928566457241468_2059697658590382464_n.jpg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Hawkeye by Matt Fraction
X-Force/X-Statix

Uncanny X-Force will be next on my list after X-Factor.

I've read:

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol.1 to 6
Spider-Man Gathering of Five
Peter Parker: Spider-Man Volume Two
John Byrne's Incredible Hulk
IDW Ninjas
Gail Simone's Red Sonja
Definitely check our Sensational She-Hulk by Byrne. It's a classic and still the definitive run for the character. It's really fun.

Ehhh, I like Kelly a lot but a year into Spider-Man & Deadpool I'm not feeling him for a Spidey book, least of all ASM.

We've had three guest issues (including the worst single issue I read this year), and eight issues of a single story that shows no signs of ending anytime soon. That is not great. I'm close to dropping it.

Edit: you know what. Why wait. Dropped.

The next arc is supposed to conclude the story. The guests are the worst, but I have to see the story through. I love Itsy Bitsy so much. But good for you for getting out. It's the right thing to do.

Definitely check our Sensational She-Hulk by Byrne. It's a classic and still the definitive run for the character. It's really fun.

Seconded!

ElNarez

Banned
can you believe David Ayer is making "White male supremacy cannot be abolished if its opponents fight using the mechanics that enable white male supremacy", starring Margot Robbie

I'm not particularly excited for the Sirens movie, but I'll go see it. I'm intrigued enough. I felt Robbie was a good Harley, but I'm tired of the character in general. I felt SS was pretty mediocre, but I felt it could have been a lot better. Haven't seen the extended cut though. Maybe Sirens will be better. I'm always optimistic. Not like I want my superhero movies to be bad.

Malyse

Hey, what's your most "why the fuck am I still reading this" series?

I'm still reading Mosaic for some reason. I dunno why, it's not like it's very good. It's just sorta there and I'm just like, "well why not?"

Alternatively, is there anything you're hate reading? Cause I definitely hate read Death of X.

Black Science I guess. It's the only book I look at on my shelf that I current follow where I ask myself why haven't I dropped it. I know it's because the art is incredible but the story has done little for me in the three volumes I've read. Closest thing afterwards is East Of West, but already I'm encroaching on books I think are really great with that. I have moments of dissatisfaction with East Of West but not enough to genuinely consider ditching it. In general, I fucking love everything I read and it goes immediately if I don't, they don't tend to stick around at all. To that end, it's remarkable how Black Science has stuck around.

I love how Ewing references events from significantly older series. Like straight up puts "Back in the 90's Cage series!" and "Someone did in FF #19, '63!"

Like this man loves continuity so much and Tom Brevoort is happy to help
I have yet to watch the last season.
It's all up on Netflix. I'm a little ways into S4. It's not my favorite season, but it's a big change-up so I can respect it.

I'm still reading Mosaic for some reason. I dunno why, it's not like it's very good. It's just sorta there and I'm just like, "well why not?"

Alternatively, is there anything you're hate reading? Cause I definitely hate read Death of X.
Honestly couldn't tell you. Once I reach that point, I drop it. No use reading a series that you have negative feelings towards, and especially if you have no feelings. The honest truth is curiosity. You want to see where it goes.

Malyse

Honestly couldn't tell you. Once I reach that point, I drop it. No use reading a series that you have negative feelings towards, and especially if you have no feelings. The honest truth is curiosity. You want to see where it goes.

I'm absolutely addicted to completionism. I'll drop an ongoing, but if you tell me it's X issues long, you have to get pretty fucking awful to get me to drop.

And just to beat on that horse corpse some more, the Penn Jillette issue of Spiderman/Deadpool made me want to fucking drop that series. Easily the worst thing I've read all year.

Mindwipe

Hawkeye by Matt Fraction
X-Force/X-Statix

Hickman Fantastic Four. Then Hickman's Avengers run, but find the reading order first, you need to read a bunch of books in specific order.
The Ultimates volumes 1 and 2 are still great. Then just... stop.
Morrison's run on New X-Men.
Ms Marvel (as in Kamala Kahn, not Carol).
Brian K Vaughn's run on Runaways.
Joss Wheldon's run on Astonishing X-Men if you've never read it.
Hawkeye vs Deadpool.
Allen Heinberg's run on Young Avengers.
Ed Brubaker's run on Captain America
Nextwave: Agents of Hate
Secret Warriors
Captain Britain and MI13
JM Straczynski's run on Thor

Top Bottom