• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

you guys I really need Squirrel Girl 15, come on ;-;

RYAN NORTH WRITING TASKMASTER IS THE DREAM

tumblr_ohzr86qjbe1sajkn0o1_1280.jpg

frye

a few years ago when I bought Miller/Janson DD vol 1 and Ghost in the Shell from some dude on craigslist he was also selling a copy of Domu for like 40 bucks and I didn't bite because I was a dumb fuck teenager and I've regretted it ever since FUCK

update: some dude just sold me a copy of Domu for 5 bux

Shoot. Flintstones is online going to be 12 issues? I had assumed it would be an ongoing. Still, great to hear we'll get several more issues.
He signed on for 12 but could expand it if sales were good(haven't seen the trade sales yet but it's on a bunch of best of 2016 lists with Vision, Omega Men, Black Panther, Babylon etc). Russell has also pitched a new idea at DC that seems to have worked so we're getting more good books from him at least.

Sandfox

Comixology is having an Inhumans vs X-Men sale with some good recent trades in it.

There's also a Justice League vs. Suicide Squad sale, but I wouldn't know what to recommend from that.

frye

^^ that too

What's Domu?

It was Katsuhiro Otomo's signature comic before Akira. Dark Horse printed an English edition (tpb format, left to right) when Akira was a big deal in the US in 96 and reprinted it in 2001 but it's long since out of print and goes for absurd prices online because Otomo has an aversion to his non-Akira work being in English for ~reasons~

y'all need to read Domu man, shit's got the best psychic fight OF ALL TIME

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit Shi'ar arc on Thor? :eek:

Czlc-hCXgAIm2BN.jpg

I love me some Shi'ar even if they are always treated as jobbers ;_;

TheFlow

Banned
Future Quest #6

least favorite issue so far. space ghost and the backstory were ace though. I think it is because I forgot who some of these people were.

Future Quest #7

way better issue with a plot twist. Also I feel like this book is going to last #12 issue maybe 24 at the highest.

I liked it though.

frye

So jealous :s

yeah, what I did was set up an IFTTT thing (almost to the day last year actually, December 14 2015) to notify me whenever a craigslist posting of Domu went up lo and behold one eventually did a few days ago

idk if it'll work for anyone else but hey it doesn't hurt to try for hard to find books that you're looking for

The best manga ever

^^ that too

It was Katsuhiro Otomo's signature comic before Akira. Dark Horse printed an English edition (tpb format, left to right) when Akira was a big deal in the US in 96 and reprinted it in 2001 but it's long since out of print and goes for absurd prices online because Otomo has an aversion to his non-Akira work being in English for ~reasons~

y'all need to read Domu man, shit's got the best psychic fight OF ALL TIME

you know all those scary bits in Akira, with all the negative space and freaky children and blank stares and mass destruction playing on the fears of Cold War

well its that dialed up to ten

Cool, my library has a copy. Will try. Thanks.

She's beautiful :')

Great paint job

Mine should be shipping today, along with a bunch of other stuff I don't need. After this I only have 4 things left on order with DCBS. After this, I'm done with them. I'm tired of them saving shit for months until there's a $250 order saved up.

Messi

Mine should be shipping today, along with a bunch of other stuff I don't need. After this I only have 4 things left on order with DCBS. After this, I'm done with them. I'm tired of them saving shit for months until there's a $250 order saved up.

They ship mine out the day of release for everything.

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS. Please cast Olivia. Do it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
And still no Batman movie.
But why am I complaining, Batman is even worse then Iron Man with showing up everywhere and he will be in this for 100%.

Ross61

This will likely be said after release of this movie as well. DC films really are like the Sonic cycle.

I'll pray for Selina though.
Its pretty fact that WB butchered the film continually until it's released. Not like it's an empty excuse.

Hagi

Its pretty fact that WB butchered the film continually until it's released. Not like it's an empty excuse.

It doesn't absolve the rest of the things wrong with the film. It's not just shit because it was edited horrifically. We'll see what happens though, I want these films to be good while WB only seems bothered if they make money.

Ross61

It doesn't absolve the rest of the things wrong with the film. It's not just shit because it was edited horrifically. We'll see what happens though, I want these films to be good while WB only seems bothered if they make money.
I'm not really talking about the editing. I'm talking about the 2 different cuts of the film, making a third act, only giving Ayer a few weeks and not having someone revise it, and just overall changing the entire tone of the film.

I'd guess sales weren't hot on the other two. Big bang still has 3 of both.

My guess is they ran into production issues. She's still slated for release, it's just that the date keeps getting pushed back. If they weren't going to release her, they would just cancel it. Which they still might if they can't solve whatever problems they're having.

Messi

My guess is they ran into production issues. She's still slated for release, it's just that the date keeps getting pushed back. If they weren't going to release her, they would just cancel it. Which they still might if they can't solve whatever problems they're having.

Change the base and make it a Wonder Woman movie statue. Watch.

Top Bottom