• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

tumblr_oi6xs3Ragk1r1uq0jo1_400.png

#GankeKnows

TheFlow

Banned
so far this week I knocked out my marvel backlog. Time for rebirth and Babylon next.

1.Deadly class #23
2.Deadly class #24
3. Snotgirl #4
4. Flintstones #1
5.Slam #1
6.Detective comics #942
7.Future quest #6
8.Future quest #7
9.Venom #1
10.Unworthy Thor #2
11.Spider-Man #10
12.Power man and Iron fist #11
13.Captain America: Steve Rogers #7
14.Nova #1
15.Moon Knight #9
16.Jessica Jones #3
17.Cage #2
18.Death of X #4
19.IvX #0
20.IvX #1
21. Avengers #2
22.Hawkeye #1
23.Infamous Iron Man #2
24. Great Lake Avengers #2
25. Mighty Thor #13
26. Motor Girl #2

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #2: Still a fun book but I miss the backups. I wish there was a way they could be a regular thing...maybe we could get some more stories like that in an annual?

There are some family dynamics I was concerned about starting to show up here: "this fight is too dangerous for you" is a subject that gets tossed around a LOT between various members of the Parker family in this issue. I'm hoping Conway sees this as a necessary topic for the book to address and that he will dispense with it quickly. We do seem to be headed towards
Annie saving the day
, so that's a possibility.

Quick question though. I thought this was
like the universe where Regent killed everyone and stole their powers...is that not turning out to be the case
? I guess we will probably know for sure here in short order.

TheFlow

Banned
Green Arrow #9

I did not like this issue because of the plot. Green Arrow and Diggle basically ruined an whole entire island's way of living. Sure they can rebuild, and sure they stopped the bad guys, but it could of been handled easier. Also wtf
A train sub way under a island? am I missing something lol

nvm ignore my spoiler. it is addressed in the next issue.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
art on the (upcoming? is it out?) Gamora comic is fantastic

Czp144FWgAAjJNC.jpg

Czp16WSXgAApM5I.jpg

Czp53orWgAA_NDS.jpg

Czp59_JXgAEFmOP.jpg

mreddie

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #2:

like the universe where Regent killed everyone and stole their powers...is that not turning out to be the case

Conway revealed this universe, Civil War never happened so OMD never happened.

So looks like all the Bendis books are connected to CW2, even to Jessica Jones.
The person who kidnapped Jessica
is the briefcase woman from CW2.

Sandfox

The Gwenpool holiday special is wild and did some things I would never expect to see in a modern comic.

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #2: Still a fun book but I miss the backups. I wish there was a way they could be a regular thing...maybe we could get some more stories like that in an annual?

There are some family dynamics I was concerned about starting to show up here: "this fight is too dangerous for you" is a subject that gets tossed around a LOT between various members of the Parker family in this issue. I'm hoping Conway sees this as a necessary topic for the book to address and that he will dispense with it quickly. We do seem to be headed towards
Annie saving the day
, so that's a possibility.

In this version the heroes are still alive and Civil War never happened.

Hagi

art on the (upcoming? is it out?) Gamora comic is fantastic

Wow this really does look great, her costume in particular is on point. Looking forward to this next week and somewhat less Star Lord.

The Gwenpool holiday special is wild and did some things I would never expect to see in a modern comic.

In this version the heroes are still alive and Civil War never happened.

Seems like a better universe than post Secret Wars.

tim1138

I really liked the DC Holiday Special. The stories were all light and fun, and it was cool to see Robbi Rodriguez draw the Flash. The highlight of course was the Detective Chimp story by the DCYou Bizarro team, I'd love to see them do a Detective Chimp mini in that vein.

This was a much better anthology than the New Talent Showcase.

Boogiepop

So aside from the Young Animal stuff (which I'm on top of), is there anything from DC especially worthwhile coming out now that's still in the 1-I guess-5 issue range, instead of ballooning past that? I created my pull list a bit back, but due to Marvel buy one get one close to that to help catch up, it started off kind of Marvel centric, and then it feels like all the #1s that have gotten discussion in here since then haven't been DC (again, outside of Young Animal), which has just slanted my list further. I realize it'll eventually balance out, but it feels weird. So yeah, any suggestions of stuff I can try jumping on that won't involve buying like 7-10+ issues at full price from DC? And any particularly interesting new series coming from them soon to keep an eye on?

ElNarez

Banned
today I found out that one of the shops I go so straight-up did not order Uber: Invasion #1 and that is fucked up enough that I had to share

So aside from the Young Animal stuff (which I'm on top of), is there anything from DC especially worthwhile coming out now that's still in the 1-I guess-5 issue range, instead of ballooning past that? I created my pull list a bit back, but due to Marvel buy one get one close to that to help catch up, it started off kind of Marvel centric, and then it feels like all the #1s that have gotten discussion in here since then haven't been DC (again, outside of Young Animal), which has just slanted my list further. I realize it'll eventually balance out, but it feels weird. So yeah, any suggestions of stuff I can try jumping on that won't involve buying like 7-10+ issues at full price from DC? And any particularly interesting new series coming from them soon to keep an eye on?

Midnighter and Apollo is at #3 and it's terrific. That's really all I'd recommend in that range. All-Star Batman is at #3, as well...it's pretty damn good? But pricey and not for everyone. I like it a lot but it is hard to recommend because of the price tag.

And I'm going to ignore your requested range ever so slightly and urge you to try the Flintstones which is a legit incredible comic. #6 came out last week. It's one of my top three books right now and it's hard to oversell it. Try it.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for Wildstorm to drop but that's all I'm really excited about that's coming up from them. Oh and Super Sons I think finally launches in....February? Can't think of anything else but I generally don't pay much attention until books are close.

ElNarez

Banned
also fucked up how I get made fun of for stanning for WicDiv, when I could be made fun of for stanning for the King/Finch/Janin/Bellaire Batman run, the theatrical cut of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, David Ayer's Suicide Squad, the Humphries/Garney Uncanny X-Force run, and COUNTLESS OTHER, ACTUALLY FAR MORE INDEFENSIBLE THINGS

TheFlow

Banned
Teen Titans
Batman beyond
Raven
Midnighter
Deadman

Ross61

Batwoman, JLA, and Super Sons in February.

TheFlow

Banned
Ha ha ha Bateman Beyond BAHHHH YOU FIXED IT DAMN YOU

I'm going to edit it back in. You can't stop me

I'm reading that and Teen Titans, they're both fiiiine I guess but not top shelf books
havent got to them yet but I don't mind 6 bucks a month for two of my favorite DC properties. gotta show my support

And lol yea I fixed it. I type on mobile too much

Daredevil #16: Dark Art is the best Daredevil story in years. Muse is the best new Daredevil villain in I don't even know how long.

This issue is horrifying and grotesque. Soule goes all out here to crank up the crazy on Muse, as well as providing a little "I'm sorry for the way this run started out" in both the
casual disposal of Tenfingers, RIP
, and the shocking
crippling of Blindspot. I hope they find a way to work him back in, he was growing on me. But sacrifice is the name of the game for Daredevil's friends and lovers. It was only a matter of time
. That ending too, holy shit. Almost nauseating. In a good way.

This book has made a full recovery from its weak beginnings. It's one of the best solo titles Marvel is putting out right now. We just need to dispense with the mystery that is always the elephant in the room,
what happened with his secret identity and relationships
, and we will be good to go for a long time.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Daredevil #16: Dark Art is the best Daredevil story in years. Muse is the best new Daredevil villain in I don't even know how long.

This issue is horrifying and grotesque. Soule goes all out here to crank up the crazy on Muse, as well as providing a little "I'm sorry for the way this run started out" in both the
casual disposal of Tenfingers, RIP
, and the shocking
crippling of Blindspot. I hope they find a way to work him back in, he was growing on me. But sacrifice is the name of the game for Daredevil's friends and lovers. It was only a matter of time
. That ending too, holy shit. Almost nauseating. In a good way.

This book has made a full recovery from its weak beginnings. It's one of the best solo titles Marvel is putting out right now. We just need to dispense with the mystery that is always the elephant in the room,
what happened with his secret identity and relationships
, and we will be good to go for a long time.

yep, pleased it got better

IvX #1

Cyclops being more right from beyond the grave, saved everyone from dying before they knew what was going on by destroying the first cloud, Beast continues to get shitted on, and Emma is in top form.

If only Marvel actually knew this is where they were taking the story, everything before this and DoX looks so stupid.

Top Bottom