• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Sandfox

Pete Woods is the new Archie artist: http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-pete-woods-joins-archie-as-new-series-artist/

Pete-Woods-sample-art-REV.jpg

The current art on the book is bad so this is a welcome change.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so Carol came out a big hero out of Civil War II then? can someone explain why / what happened?

Sandfox

so Carol came out a big hero out of Civil War II then? can someone explain why / what happened?
To a lot of civilians everything she did seems great so they see her as a hero, but the hero community and some of their supporters have different feelings for obvious reasons.

No one has gotten to read the new Carol book yet so they're all optimistic about it. Then when #1 comes out they'll see she's still a raging bitch and go back to hating her.

Because the big thing that happened in the event that made the in-universe headlines was Bruce Banner getting killed. The general population hates the Hulk, so they all got on board with backing Captain Marvel.

I am thoroughly and utterly baffled by Inhumans vs X-Men. This entire conflict boils down to whether or not a Cloud is more valuable then the Lives of every Mutant on the planet....

How can any rational or moral person side with the Inhumans?

IvX also known at Cyclops was right yet again.

Messi

Very good. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Though it was written by Gillen, so there wasn't really any doubt.

Didn't you drop Wicked and the divine?

I am thoroughly and utterly baffled by Inhumans vs X-Men. This entire conflict boils down to whether or not a Cloud is more valuable then the Lives of every Mutant on the planet....

IvX also known at r was right yet again.

Muties are scum to the general public

IvX also known at Cyclops was right yet again.

What gets me most is how much the issue itself was at odds with Soule's interview the week before. He compared the Terrigen Cloud effects on mutants to a "peanut allergy" and that they could easily avoid it....and yet the cloud breaks down here to the point where the Inhumans won't be able to control it. So yeah, Cyclops was right.

Sandfox

What gets me most is how much the issue itself was at odds with Soule's interview the week before. He compared the Terrigen Cloud effects on mutants to a "peanut allergy" and that they could easily avoid it....and yet the cloud breaks down here to the point where the Inhumans won't be able to control it. So yeah, Cyclops was right.

He was referring to the situation prior to IvX.

He was referring to the situation prior to IvX.

But that doesn't make sense. If a Cloud of vaporized Peanuts were roaming the planet. Would you just shrug and tell those with a deadly peanut allergy to just avoid breathing when the wind blew in the wrong direction? Particularly when the cloud could be destroyed?

Sandfox

But that doesn't make sense. If a Cloud of vaporized Peanuts were roaming the planet. Would you just shrug and tell those with a deadly peanut allergy to just avoid breathing when the wind blew in the wrong direction? Particularly when the cloud could be destroyed?
I don't think we know of any way for the cloud to be destroyed. The main point was to explain how it only effects a small number of people and is easily avoidable though. I'm not trying to claim whether or not it's a good argument lol.

Like I said I've yet to read the #1, but that indicates that they seem to be sticking to what the perception was before DoX, which was that Scott was a genocidal maniac, whereas we learned that was not the case at all.
I didn't get that feeling at all in the book. To me it feels like they are building off of what was established in DoX.

I don't think we know of any way for the cloud to be destroyed. The main point was to explain how it only effects a small number of people and is easily avoidable though. I'm not trying to claim whether or not it's a good argument lol.

I didn't get that feeling at all in the book. To me it feels like they are building off of what was established in DoX.
Until I read I'll back out, since I have no footing. I was just going off of that comment. Still, SamNova compared young Scott to a future Hitler. I don't see how the comparison is apt at all.

How much better has it gotten since the rebirth issue? That was the only issue of the new series I read.

I think, if nothing else, it is always very interesting to read a story from a highly regarded comics talent who has not published a comic book in a long, long time.

Sometimes, everything lines up harmoniously, and then it is excellent.

I keep trying to think of something to say about Deathstroke #8, which is a serviceable and competent entry, I suppose

Boring issue for me, but I'm surprisingly high on this series still. It started in the dumps, got damn good damn fast, and then this issue was whatever.

Also, this Rebirth holiday issue is eternal. I've made it through three completely inconsistent stories, loosely tied together by the most annoying character in comics. $10 fucking dollars. Mistakes were made.

Boring issue for me, but I'm surprisingly high on this series still. It started in the dumps, got damn good damn fast, and then this issue was whatever.

Also, this Rebirth holiday issue is eternal. I've made it through three completely inconsistent stories, loosely tied together by the most annoying character in comics. $10 fucking dollars. Mistakes were made.

Yeah it was kinda dull, I agree. I feel like Supes got in there and the only way for the story to go (thanks to conveniently
absurdly overpowered shielding tech
) was to do the DKR thing. Again. I am glad it was a short arc.

And I am sorry to tell you that I found that holiday special heavily front-loaded

Top Bottom