• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Sandfox

Cz0-7JmWEAAREy2.jpg

one more. Whos the artist on Gold anyway, these are nice

You mean the Inhumans? Blackbolt, Medusa, Crystal and Gorgon. Im not sure who the others are. Black kid could be that dude that controls rocks, the silver haired guy looks like Quicksilver but they didnt retcon him into being a inhuman right? No idea who the tail lady is

Ardian Syaf is the artist and designed the costumes.

The other characters featured in the Royals art are Flint, Swain, and Marvel Boy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh their bringing Marvel Boy back? and I was right on Flint then, cool

I really liked Inhumans vs X-Men #1. But I gotta say, as someone who skipped the entire Death of X stupidity, it feels like Old Man Logan deconstructed this entire storyline in one panel. Like WTF, who in their right mind would be with the Inhumans on any of this?

I've never gotten that. "Death cloud in the atmosphere" is a villain plot. The Avengers should be on deck, or at the very least, not friendly about it.

But nothing. It's mystifying.

I'm not feeling the ReX outfits. Too old. No flavor.

TheFlow

Banned
I've never gotten that. "Death cloud in the atmosphere" is a villain plot. The Avengers should be on deck, or at the very least, not friendly about it.

I'm not feeling the ReX outfits. Too old. No flavor.

literally claremonts outfits.

Hagi

They should bring the jackets back. Reading Morrisons run right now and I like the look and the justification for them.

Why would they care?

You'd think they would give a shit about a giant cloud that is killing their friends and transforming people into who knows what seemingly at random.

Yeah. Nightcrawler and Colossus's Extraordinary looks are ace. This? Eh.

Why would they care?

At this point the X-Men are their friends and colleagues?

Again, drop this same concept from anyone else than the Inhuman Royal family... it's a straight up villain plot. "We want to make people better and whole so we gassed the planet with a cloud that kills some people." That's the stuff the High Evolutionary gets punched for.

Sandfox

Yeah. Nightcrawler and Colossus's Extraordinary looks are ace. This? Eh.

At this point the X-Men are their friends and colleagues?

Again, drop this same concept from anyone else than the Inhuman Royal family... it's a straight up villain plot. "We want to make people better and whole so we gassed the planet with a cloud that kills some people." That's the stuff the High Evolutionary gets punched for.
I just don't see the Avengers jumping in to help in any significant way. Uncanny Avengers covered how they have tried to help, but to me the Avengers have never come off as a group that will put their all into helping the mutants unless it will affect everyone else.

Messi

I am fully aware of what you think I am doing, but I am not. Watch in awe as I do not mention him again at least until January.

You could just never mention him again as he has little to nothing to do with comics other than picking up Rat Queens royalty checks.

Adrian Syaf is the Gold artist.

Jorge Molina is the Blue artist. That book is gonna be beautiful

You could just never mention him again as he has little to nothing to do with comics other than picking up Rat Queens royalty checks.

I bring him up purely as a frame of reference in regards to awful people.

Adrian Syaf is the Gold artist.

Jorge Molina is the Blue artist. That book is gonna be beautiful

Not sure I've heard of Syaf. Can you name specific examples of both artists works to jog my memory?

Messi

I bring him up purely as a frame of reference in regards to awful people.

Not sure I've heard of Syaf. Can you name specific examples of both artists works to jog my memory?

Molina = A Force secret wars and the star wars storm troopers arc

Syaf = First arc of Simone Batgirl

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is IvX also a flashback deal or is it present time. I ask because Emma is in it.

Yeah, not even factoring in the crazy inconsistencies on Cyclops being a monster (ummmmm, he did exactly what everyone should have done), there is zero reason anyone should support the Inhumans here. It's mind boggling how artificial this conflict feels, even by cape book standards.

Ross61

Why did people hate New 52 Superman again? I only read Pak and John's and Morrison's run and he seemed like a great character too me.

Messi

Medusa, Kamala , Crystal, Black Bolt... After that the rest are almost meaningless. Really the only one who matters is Medusa

That Royals line up looks solid. Excited for that
Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Flint, Swain, Quicksliver, and Gorgon look like a solid team. Interesting that they'd bring Quicksilver back into the fold. He hasn't stood on good ground with the Royal Family really ever, but it became irreparable after Son of M.

Unless that isn't Quicksilver
Can anyone tell me why that ST timeline is called "the Kelvin timeline"?
Edit: Shit, I think I figured out who Fake!Clark Kent is in Action Comics thanks to those connected covers:
That bloody S. He's Superboy Prime.
Called that shit since day one
Inside Rebirth:
http://www.vulture.com/2016/12/dc-comics-rebirth-turnaround.html

I love this shit.

ACTUAL comics journalism.
That part about bringing Percy in and breaking everything essential to Green Arrow sound amazing. Based Geoff Johns
Which is why they're boring and why the new X line isn't exciting: same shit. We've seen it before. Some of the solos and Blue seem interesting, but even then I'm not exactly excited.

Phamit

Heh, did they Change the preview text for Civil War II: The Oath?

The new Text says

Carol Danvers turns to the one person she knows she can trust – Steve Rogers. Only…Steve might not be as trustworthy as she thought

http://www.newsarama.com/32408-captain-america-takes-charge-after-civil-war-ii-in-the-oath.html

I remember that the original text said that
Toni and Carol would turn to Steve

Well probably everyone figured out what's going to happen at the end of CWII, question is when marvel is going to spoil how it happens

MartyStu

Why did people hate New 52 Superman again? I only read Pak and John's and Morrison's run and he seemed like a great character too me.

People disliked him because of all the main heroes post-Flashpoint, he was clearly the most changed.

Plus he spent like a year under Lobdel's pen.

Blue looks like the worst of the bunch.
I'm not particularly excited for Bunn's writing, but the premise certainly piques curiosity. Bunn's writing may be dreadfully plain (based on Uncanny X-Men, Civil War 2: X-Men, and Fearless Defenders), but he has some solid ideas at the very least. Blue seems like the closest to being an actually interesting and fresh idea. Gold seems like a Claremont retread, Cable, Jean Grey, and Iceman seem exactly like what I'd expect from these characters and Weapon X seems like it'll be a solid X-Force series. Pak gets praise (though I've never read anything by him), and if Land can at least put out the surprisingly solid work he did for Ewing's Mighty Avengers then I'm game.

Other than Morrison, it was George Perez and Scott Lobdell.

New 52 Superman was a great idea. I've said this before, but the problem we have and still have with Superman is he's too good, shining, and pure. There was no real room for him to grow.

New 52 Superman was good because he clearly wanted to be that guy, but he was rougher around the edges. He kinda loved a good scrap.

We wanted to do good, but didn't quite have the answer on how he was supposed to do that.

He was flawed. And that's why I loved him under the pen of a good writer.

I still retain the same problems with the reborn Superman, but the focus of the book (Superman, I don't read Action Comics) is his relationship with his son. Tomasi can write the fuck out of some father/son stuff. I also enjoyed the Justice League not quite trusting the new guy, because if you had a friend, he died, and an older copy of your friend replaced him? You'd be weird too. I think there's mileage in that, but I feel like they're going to drop it pretty quickly.

Top Bottom