• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Ross61

Sad to hear about LoWW vol 2. Got scared for it when DC announced that "past Amazons on adventures" mini since Liz had mentioned she wanted to do something like that after vol 2.
If its not about sales it might be connected to losing the UN partnership. Scaling everything DC had planned to promote women and Diana back sort of makes sense in a sad way.
I doubt that's the case.

Ross61

Says on her twitter it's not sales related. She is posting pages she had worked on and concepts for Vol 2. This is a bit odd and seems quite sudden to her.
I highly doubt an UN honorary ambassadorship being denied would affect plans that much.

Messi

I highly doubt an UN honorary ambassadorship being denied would affect plans that much.

I've no idea but these tweets are odd.

We love superheroes because they stand up for what is right. We teach our kids to do the same. Sometimes it just doesnt work out when you do

@otisframpton Thanks, Otis. It's devastating and abrupt but there's some good from it. Keeping my integrity is very important to me.

If it's not sales related then what could it be? Her Vol 2 peeks look great .

The cancellation of LoWW really sucks. I bought the hardcover last week, and it's worth the art alone. I can't imagine the UN thing affecting this book... There is a lot of WW going on at the moment, though you'd think they would want to capitalize on that with the upcoming movie.

tim1138

De Liz is selling signed or signed and sketched copies of the LoWW hardcover, price for a signed copy is $50, sketched is $100. Typically I'd say that's pretty high for a signed copy of a book, but since it sounds like they're not in the best financial shape and DC screwed her over right at the holidays, I think it's understandable.

She's also selling original art from the first volume, but I didn't inquire about prices for pages.

Tizoc

Optimus Prime #1
This issue switches between the past and present. Optimus decides to stay on Earth as protector, being annexed under Cybertron. Decent issue with good art, looking forward to see where this book goes

Transformers: Lost Light #1 aka the continuation of MTMTE series
Comics are saved. Ultra Magnus continues to be awesome as well even after all this time.
That ending though.
213d99a0ce38c5dbf5a217126788043d.jpg

De Liz is selling signed or signed and sketched copies of the LoWW hardcover, price for a signed copy is $50, sketched is $100. Typically I'd say that's pretty high for a signed copy of a book, but since it sounds like they're not in the best financial shape and DC screwed her over right at the holidays, I think it's understandable.

Jesus, DC showing everyone that holiday spirit. :/

Can Tynion be on Flash? The Flash story in the holiday special is easily the best Flash I've read in over a year.

That and Detective Chimp were easily the standouts to me, but I liked the whole book overall.

TheFlow

Banned
I've felt uninterested in it from time to time, to the point where it's often the last thing I read on a given week. But when I actually sit down to read it, it turns out to be better than I expect.

I am going to pick it up since a lot of the DC minis are going to end in about 2-3 months.

Guys what are the best image books outside of Remender and Brian K.

I need to know what I missed this year so I can buy it up.

Also is pretty deadly getting another arc? I haven't read the last 3 issues yet.

I've felt uninterested in it from time to time, to the point where it's often the last thing I read on a given week. But when I actually sit down to read it, it turns out to be better than I expect.

I've felt the same way. It's like we'll get random chapters where it feels like not much happens and I'm not excited for the next issue, but then I end up really liking the next chapter anyways.

It's probably been the most consistent Rebirth book, but not really the most exciting.

TheFlow

Banned
I've felt the same way. It's like we'll get random chapters where it feels like not much happens and I'm not excited for the next issue, but then I end up really liking the next chapter anyways.

It's probably been the most consistent Rebirth book, but not really the most exciting.

how is red hood and the outlaws?

TheFlow

Banned
Really good.

just found out it monthly! yea I got no prob dropping 3 dollars a month for this.

I will post my impressions later today.

I have loved it, but not sure its for everyone. The art has been fantastic and the dialogue between Red Hood and Artemis has been really good. Still haven't read the newest issue though.

Can't find the panel I wanted to put so I'll settle for this one.

The art is fantastic in this book.
hory shit. now that is one hell of a panel.

just found out it monthly! yea I got no prob dropping 3 dollars a month for this.

I will post my impressions later today.

hory shit. now that is one hell of a panel.

There's a full page spread that has Jason holding Bizarro and it equates it in the art to Talia holding Jason in the pit when he came back to life and it is fucking amazing but I couldn't find it.

TheFlow

Banned
There's a full page spread that has Jason holding Bizarro and it equates it in the art to Talia holding Jason in the pit when he came back to life and it is fucking amazing but I couldn't find it.

I am going to probably mention that in my review. so excited. I bought all the issues. just needed someone to tell me that it was hot fire.

VanWinkle

I'm always willing to give writers a second chance, and would be really happy if Red Hood and the Outlaws is actually good now.

I have to say, upon reading Uncanny Avengers, Gerry Duggan writes a good Deadpool.
Not many people do.

His Deadpool series is fantastic.

I'm always willing to give writers a second chance, and would be really happy if Red Hood and the Outlaws is actually good now.

His Deadpool series is fantastic.

Was it Lobdell on it before Rebirth too? Because I feel he had that story going in a decent direction and then got screwed suddenly by Rebirth. I definitely think its better now, but I'm an apologist for the DCYOU run. It was inconsistent but I liked it.

VanWinkle

Was it Lobdell on it before Rebirth too? Because I feel he had that story going in a decent direction and then got screwed suddenly by Rebirth. I definitely think its better now, but I'm an apologist for the DCYOU run. It was inconsistent but I liked it.

I actually haven't read his DCYOU Red Hood/Arsenal run so I'm not sure how that one is. But yeah, same writer.

I actually haven't read his DCYOU Red Hood/Arsenal run so I'm not sure how that one is. But yeah, same writer.

It was very up and down and had Joker's Daughter in a good amount of it so there was a good reason to not like it. But there ended up being a set up of Jason wanting to be her Batman and turn her around and she had put a stipulation on him that if she ever crossed the line he had to kill her. Then Rebirth got announced and she went back to being Joker's Daughter and got shot like 2 issues later. It was going in an interesting direction but it all seemed to change in a single issue.

the fuck at the LoWW cancellation?

Bleeding Cool thinks it's because of Ray Dillon. Apparently he has been been talking down the other WW books like Earth One on twitter and made some comments when the first Odyssey interview came out this week that he later deleted(I actually saw them back then but focused more on Liz having wanted to do a similar book to it). It's not Liz that DC seems to have a problem with.

Even more MU tie-in issues announced by Marvel.

Edit: Some upcoming Captain Hydra issues have been shuffled around.

caliph95

Issue 0 has to end with her breaking down, wondering if it was all worth it.

Have it symbolize a pressure someone faces with the public looking at their every move.

If she's a Wonder Woman expy, we're gonna go through another reboot.

The current Captain Marvel and Ultimates seems to be going that way tbf.

Bleeding Cool thinks it's because of Ray Dillon. Apparently he has been been talking down the other WW books like Earth One on twitter and made some comments when the first Odyssey interview came out this week that he later deleted(I actually saw them back then but focused more on Liz having wanted to do a similar book to it). It's not Liz that DC seems to have a problem with.

Even more MU tie-in issues announced by Marvel.

Edit: Some upcoming Captain Hydra issues have been shuffled around.
I actually did see Dillon favorite some tweets that talked about how DC was fucking up WW's image for years as a result of the UN fiasco. The thing is he's not the only one. Cameron favorited a tweet that was talking shit to the Finch's WW run. I don't like it when creators secretly disrespect their own colleagues.

I certainly hope there is no truth to these rumors that a series was snuffed and a creator was fired because of something her husband said on Twitter

That's fucking awful if it's true

Messi

Just the part where they canned her series right before the holidays.

This feels like a thing where you pull him aside and say shut the fuck up. Not cancel a great comic that someone is mid Vol 2 on.

Didn't realize he was working on the book too. And according to that article she had tweeted this as well and then deleted it. Whelp.

Her tweets just said they pitched it, they deserve a series but she could have added stuff as a woman.

This feels like a thing where you pull him aside and say shut the fuck up. Not cancel a great comic that someone is mid Vol 2 on.

Seems he did it back in March and was told to shut up while also getting vol 2 announced later. Couldn't keep his opinion to his private life and did it again in a more public manner during a bad week for DC.

BC seems to be on a roll: Archie x DC crossovers.

Didn't realize he was working on the book too. And according to that article she had tweeted this as well and then deleted it. Whelp.

Lol at Ray Dillon talking crap about WW Earth One. Maybe his book got Vol 3 approved before Legend of Wonder Woman because he's Grant fucking Morrison.

Top Bottom