• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

TheFlow

Banned
Couldn't you just replace oml with Logan in every book except oml?

nah certain books are using old man logan as a selling point. like weapon x.

edit:

OMG THE BOOM and IMAGE SALE ends on 1.2.2017 . That gives me time to buy everything I ever wanted.

guess I am buying all of

Giant Days
Joyride
Backstagers
Weavers

Image:

just about everything. I am going to go ham on chew.

TheFlow

Banned
Will you buy Death Vigil, please. You will enjoy. It has heart.

you would recommend the one book that is not on sale, but I put it on my wishlist.

edit: I am so excited for this image sale though. the only new image series I tried lately has been seven to eternity.

Messi

you would recommend the one book that is not on sale, but I put it on my wishlist.

edit: I am so excited for this image sale though. the only new image series I tried lately has been seven to eternity.

It's an image book so it's included in the line wide sale.

TheFlow

Banned
Everything brah. Up to 15/12 releases.

Sunstone trades too. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas.

Between boom and image I have 95 books in my cart lol

shit I have a feeling I am about to around there if not more. I have only been purchasing saga and deadly class.

I wanna try stuff like kill or be killed, black monday murders, and reborn.

I applaud CMX for making the sales 2 weeks in length and not putting darkhorse/idw on sale at the same time as image. now I don't feel rushed

Messi

shit I have a feeling I am about to around there if not more. I have only been purchasing saga and deadly class.

I wanna try stuff like kill or be killed, black monday murders, and reborn.

I applaud CMX for making the sales 2 weeks in length and not putting darkhorse/idw on sale at the same time as image. now I don't feel rushed

Wishlist took a big hit with the pre rebirth sake and now this. Feels good.

Now I own lots of comics I will never read

Huh.
46jof.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
lol you and I have basically taken this page over. Anyway I have did something I have always wanted to do. 100 issues read in a week. wasn't hard because a lot of it was stuff I had bought or had from CMX unlimited just waiting for me. My least favorite was Wolf and ultimates squared. Favorite was: Slam, Sheriff, red hood, birthright, deadly class

1.Deadly class #23
2.Deadly class #24
3. Snotgirl #4
4. Flintstones #1
5.Slam #1
6.Detective comics #942
7.Future quest #6
8.Future quest #7
9.Venom #1
10.Unworthy Thor #2
11.Spider-Man #10
12.Power man and Iron fist #11
13.Captain America: Steve Rogers #7
14.Nova #1
15.Moon Knight #9
16.Jessica Jones #3
17.Cage #2
18.Death of X #4
19.IvX #0
20.IvX #1
21. Avengers #2
22.Hawkeye #1
23.Infamous Iron Man #2
24. Great Lake Avengers #2
25. Mighty Thor #13
26. Motor Girl #2
27.Green Arrow #9
28.Green Arrow #10
29.Green Arrow #11
30.Green Arrow #12
31.Superman #9
32.Superman #10
33.Superman #11
34.Superman #12
35. Teen Titans #1
36.Teen Titans #2
37.Batman Beyond #1
38.Batman Beyond #2
39.Batman #9
40.Batman #10
41.Batman #11
42.Batman #12
43.Nightwing #7
44.Nightwing #8
45.Nightwing #9
46.Nightwing #10
47.Detective comics #943
48.Detective comics #944
49.Detective comics #945
50.MMPR #0
51.Detective Comics #946
52.Sheriff of Babylon #1
53.Sheriff of Babylon #2
54. Red hood and the outlaws #rebirth
55.Red hood and the outlaws #1
56.Red hood and the outlaws #2
57.Red hood and the outlaws #3
58.Red hood and the outlaws #4
59.Red hood and the outlaws #5
60.New Superman #4
61.New Superman #5
62.New Superman #6
63.Archie #3
64.Archie #4
65.Archie #5
66.Archie #6
67.Birthright #1
68.Birthright #2
69.Birthright#3
70.Birthright #4
71.Birthright #5
72.Darth Vader #1 Director's cut
73.Wicked+Divine #1
74.Wicked+Divine #2
75.Wicked+Divine #3
76, Wicked+Divine #4
77. Wicked+Divine #5
78.Sheriff of Babylon #3
79.Sheriff of Babylon #4
80.Sheriff of Babylon #5
81.Sheriff of Babylon #6
82.Sheriff of Babylon #7
83.Sheriff of Babylon #8
84.Sheriff of Babylon #9
85.Sheriff of Babylon #10
86.Sheriff of Babylon #11
87.Sheriff of Babylon #12
88.Pretty Deadly #8
89.Pretty Deadly #19
90.Wolf #2
91.Wolf #3
92.wolf #4
93.Strange Talent of Luther Strode #1
94.Strange Talent of Luther Strode #2
95.Strange Talent of Luther Strode #3
96.Strange Talent of Luther Strode #4
97.Strange Talent of Luther Strode #5
98.Strange Talent of Luther Strode #6
99.The legend of Luther Strode #1
100.Mighty Morphing Power Rangers #1

Got my holiday sales done and thankfully the damage wasn't too bad since the updates per book was only a handful each. Much better than the first couple years the sale hit. Only 150 books. Improvement!

One book Thats a deep cut for Messi and people who like Archie like books is Blue Monday. A fun basically Archie clone that originally came out on Oni press early 2000s. It's a pretty fun read that I remember reading when it came out then.

Messi

Got my holiday sales done and thankfully the damage wasn't too bad since the updates per book was only a handful each. Much better than the first couple years the sale hit. Only 150 books. Improvement!

One book Thats a deep cut for Messi and people who like Archie like books is Blue Monday. A fun basically Archie clone that originally came out on Oni press early 2000s. It's a pretty fun read that I remember reading when it came out then.

I have seen Vol 1s cover before. Will check it out.

TheFlow

Banned
just read a lot of recent invincible.

the rape chapter was something else. don't put me through that again

invincible #132.

now that was a great chapter.

think I might go back and buy all the previous issues now.

TheFlow

Banned
think I am going to wait till wednesday before I go hard on my comicbook reading. I am holding off on some books because I want to do the 1000 issue challenge next year. probably why I haven't read any Terry Moore stuff lately.

SGM did a small dig at Dillon & de Liz since their last kickstarter never had most of its books shipped out so throwing money at them might not be such a good idea.

The fact they're using the publicity to relaunch kickstarters and reviving old projects that never got picked up while bragging about having talked with IDW and Marvel about the future is a bit suspect when they refuse to say why they were actually fired.

Hope the best for them but I wouldn't be surprised if all the rumors were correct about Dillon.

Detective Comics

This issue makes me think everything from this arc before hand was just set up to get to this point. The syndicate was kind of lame once you found out their history and this just shows how boring they were. We still don't know about the First Victim which can end up still cool, but I think this issue just shows that it was all set up to have this ending.
Guessing it's not actually Stephanie though, with it not showing the face. Maybe Clay Tim?

Red Hood and the Outlaws

Love the damn art in this book, but didn't think a whole lot actually happened in this issue. Still enjoyed it, but it was kind of a bummer for not much to happen.

Flash

This book is just stupid. This is damn near Justice League levels of stupid. It just reads so hokey and like it's written for children.

Wonder Woman

I continue to love this series. The art is amazing, I'm loving the year one Diana slowly coming into her powers and then the last page is just damn amazing.

Earth 2

This book still has me excited as to where it could lead, but I was a little bummed this issue to find out the villain behind the scenes. It really needs explaining and I thought we were kind of done with it.

Suicide Squad

This was a really disappointing ending to the arc and the stuff that actually happens is all kind of dumb. I'm actually looking forward to SS VS JL after the preview at the end of the book.

Action Comics

Thought this was a nice exposition issue. Not a whole lot really happened, but it worked well for catching us up on information that we actually needed. I'm still a little confused on the whole science facility and the compartment things, but overall I liked this issue.

SGM did a small dig at Dillon & de Liz since their last kickstarter never had most of its books shipped out so throwing money at them might not be such a good idea.

The fact they're using the publicity to relaunch kickstarters and reviving old projects that never got picked up while bragging about having talked with IDW and Marvel about the future is a bit suspect when they refuse to say why they were actually fired.

Hope the best for them but I wouldn't be surprised if all the rumors were correct about Dillon.

huh who fired what

Mindwipe

Anyone got any recommendations for the Boom "not Power Rangers" sale, except for Giant Days and Lumberjanes? Welcome Back looks pretty?

I'll hit the image sale come payday.

TheFlow

Banned
Anyone got any recommendations for the Boom "not Power Rangers" sale, except for Giant Days and Lumberjanes? Welcome Back looks pretty?

I'll hit the image sale come payday.

Weavers. awesome mini series about people getting spider powers. warning rated M

Echo stans for Backstagers. I plan to to pick it up

not on sale but worth starting Slam amazon has the first issue for 3 bucks.

They are re-releasing a ton of famous Logan Wolverine Issues in January.
Logan is so definitive back.
What? No. That's not what that means. OML was just announced to be in both Gold and Weapon X. Why would they bother to do that and bring Logan back? It's just promotional for the film. There aren't exactly a plethora of great Old Man Logan storylines, and all of those are still very much in print.

Boogiepop

...This is what I wanted, but also not quite. I wanted to catch up on the rest of Claremont X-men after where the omnibus stuff ended, which this will kind of let me do... but I wanted to do New Mutants alongside it at least, and that's not in this sale...

I guess I'll at least pick up the relevant components from this sale, but I may need to hold off on actually reading them till I can get the other odds and ends that I need for my read-through.

Following up on this, I did grab the rest of the issues I needed to "complete" Claremont's run here (which it turns out was ALSO missing the annuals in this sale, so that's even more to pick up late). Though let me ask: are either of his returns (381-389, 444-473) at all worth bothering with? Or are any other following runs on the title worth grabbing? Like, is the stuff right after Claremont gets off the title any good? (I've actually read most of the stuff that's right before this sale ends. Like, a lot of the stuff where they relocate to right off the coast of California or whatever.)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What? No. That's not what that means. OML was just announced to be in both Gold and Weapon X. Why would they bother to do that and bring Logan back? It's just promotional for the film. There aren't exactly a plethora of great Old Man Logan storylines, and all of those are still very much in print.
Old Man Logan ist also ending

If it happens I can see it just being a dick move by Marvel since the movie is going with old logan now. "Fuck it, get rid of him and bring back the regular one."

Hal Jordan and the GL Corps

I wish this issue would have just ignored the core being trapped in a globe. Nothing happened and it just served as a reminder that they've been stuck in a snow globe for 3 issues. At least the Hal and Kyle stuff was interesting though it brought up a big issue.
They talk about all the GL's coming there and then they mention there was no new GL's from the Core there. There was a lot of GL's that died while the corps was lost in space and flying around. How the hell is none of them there. It could have been a quick way to catch Hal up as to where they are.

Currently my CMX cart is 112€. Waiting on paycheck, Christmas money etc before buying them all. Will probably trim it some before then LOL.

Transformers: Lost Light 1:
It's only been a few months, but I missed these characters so much. This whole issue just put a massive smile on my face. There's definitely a lot of story potential for the next few years being set up here, and I'm interested to see what's going to happen with the
alternate universe functionary Cybertron

Switch rumor is disappointing if true

Pretty much what I posted elsewhere but Nintendo games tend to look great, run great, and stand on what interests Nintendo. Looking forward to what Switch is oppose to getting down by what it's not. Why ask from Nintendo what they aren't interested in and likely wouldn't exceed at? People want a powerful console from them but stop a minute to think if they have the teams and technical focus to leverage such power, and if that would interest their designers over what they've chosen as the focus.

Anyway, less than a week til Christmas which means less than a week til new comics! Can't wait for the holidays to just read, watch movies and play some games

shingi70

Banned
One who thinks the switch rumor is disappointing played themselves. It's a handheld it was never going to have PS4 or even Xbox one levels of power.

Top Bottom