• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Weavers. awesome mini series about people getting spider powers. warning rated M

Echo stans for Backstagers. I plan to to pick it up

not on sale but worth starting Slam amazon has the first issue for 3 bucks.

Yep. Backstagers, man. Fun, cute, sweet, super LGBTQ positive. Highly recommended.

Also Morrison's Klaus. That one is getting a new one shot this Wednesday too.

Boom had a great year.

Weavers, yup that too

arkon

Also check out The Spire. Cool little murder mystery in a weird fantasy setting. A bit strange they don't have the whole thing on sale though especially as all of Weavers is and that came out long after.

Oh and for the price Wild's End is worth checking out. Wind of the Willows meets War of the Worlds featuring some lovely expressive artwork.

edit: On closer reading that's actually the second Wild's End miniseries so maybe not a great choice to jump in with.

TheFlow

Banned
Also check out The Spire. Cool little murder mystery in a weird fantasy setting. A bit strange they don't have the whole thing on sale though especially as all of Weavers is and that came out long after.

Oh and for the price Wild's End is worth checking out. Wind of the Willows meets War of the Worlds featuring some lovely expressive artwork

bought. that book was on in my wishlist. I even have #1. just didn't think it was a boom title.

Anybody who wants suggestions for the sale:

BOOM!
Weavers
Translucid
Burning Fields
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Power Rangers: Pink

Death Vigil
Secret Identities
Cry Havoc
Rat Queens (Upchurch and Seijic runs and and the Braga one-shot)
Starlight
Huck
Glitterbomb

Nothing else comes to mind for things that should be gotten. Not off the top of my head.

TheFlow

Banned
Anybody who wants suggestions for the sale:

BOOM!
Weavers
Translucid
Burning Fields
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Power Rangers: Pink

Death Vigil
Secret Identities
Cry Havoc
Rat Queens (Upchurch and Seijic runs and and the Braga one-shot)
Starlight

Nothing else comes to mind for things that should be gotten. Not off the top of my head.

how the hell did I read two issue of power rangers the other day and not know it was by Boom? lol this is what happens when you read too many comics.
edit: it is only for original titles. why are you like this BK. why

SGM did a small dig at Dillon & de Liz since their last kickstarter never had most of its books shipped out so throwing money at them might not be such a good idea.

The fact they're using the publicity to relaunch kickstarters and reviving old projects that never got picked up while bragging about having talked with IDW and Marvel about the future is a bit suspect when they refuse to say why they were actually fired.

Hope the best for them but I wouldn't be surprised if all the rumors were correct about Dillon.

Woah, I'm not sure how to process this.

Hagi

Shame Power Rangers isn't on sale, it looks really cool. Wonder if TMNT is going to be sale soon, I've got a hankering to read that.

Woah, I'm not sure how to process this.

Give people an inch and they take 100 miles and a shit load of free money? some skeezy dealings going on here.

Give people an inch and they take 100 miles and a shit load of free money? some skeezy dealings going on here.

This sounds like a case of biting off more than you can chew although I'm starting to think her husband is a real piece of shit. I think Liz ultimately is trying to please a lot of people but doesn't have enough resources to do so.

Hagi

This sounds like a case of biting off more than you can chew although I'm starting to think her husband is a real piece of shit. I think Liz ultimately is trying to please a lot of people but doesn't have enough resources to do so.

You've got people saying they've gave them $400 for a commission 7 years ago and they are still chasing up a refund for nothing received. The facebook comments from the husband are pretty hilarious because he's all "yeah you have a solid case pm me and we'll sort it out"

You've got people saying they've gave them $400 for a commission 7 years ago and they are still chasing up a refund for nothing received. The facebook comments from the husband are pretty hilarious because he's all "yeah you have a solid case pm me and we'll sort it out"

I don't want to believe she's a scam artist but this isn't helping.

They still haven't tied up that plotline.

I think it has, unless you specifically are looking for some form of vengeance. That is unlikely to happen unless the series ends in all out warfare, which I'm 50/50 on happening.

Kirkman dealt with the emotional trauma, the inability to talk to anyone about what happened, and the ensuing stress on Mark's relationship with Atom Eve. Mark is a distant shell for quite awhile after.

If anything, I think Kirkman has handled it very well. The answer is there are no easy answers when it comes to rape, and rarely any permanent closure.

kmfdmpig

Hagi

I don't want to believe she's a scam artist but this isn't helping.

It's really the amount of time that prevents me from putting this down to solely having a shit work ethic. Nobody got time for comic drama on a good day so dragging people along for years is cruel and unusual punishment.

kmfdmpig

It's really the amount of time that prevents me from putting this down to solely having a shit work ethic. Nobody got time for comic drama on a good day so dragging people along for years is cruel and unusual punishment.

At a bare minimum she doesn't really care about those who support her through commissions/kickstarter. If you're so far behind on so many projects then stop soliciting new ones until you take care of those who already supported you.

Messi

I would never pay for two commissions and 3 original art pages and still be left waiting for them a year later. No Sir.

Hagi

I would never pay for two commissions and 3 original art pages and still be left waiting for them a year later. No Sir.

H5S7a.gif

I bet that's not a insignificant amount of money blown into the wind.

SGM did a small dig at Dillon & de Liz since their last kickstarter never had most of its books shipped out so throwing money at them might not be such a good idea.

The fact they're using the publicity to relaunch kickstarters and reviving old projects that never got picked up while bragging about having talked with IDW and Marvel about the future is a bit suspect when they refuse to say why they were actually fired.

Hope the best for them but I wouldn't be surprised if all the rumors were correct about Dillon.

giphy.gif

Boogiepop

Following up on this, I did grab the rest of the issues I needed to "complete" Claremont's run here (which it turns out was ALSO missing the annuals in this sale, so that's even more to pick up late). Though let me ask: are either of his returns (381-389, 444-473) at all worth bothering with? Or are any other following runs on the title worth grabbing? Like, is the stuff right after Claremont gets off the title any good? (I've actually read most of the stuff that's right before this sale ends. Like, a lot of the stuff where they relocate to right off the coast of California or whatever.)

Anybody on this? Trying to figure out if I should grab any more off this sale or not.

I think it has, unless you specifically are looking for some form of vengeance. That is unlikely to happen unless the series ends in all out warfare, which I'm 50/50 on happening.

Wasn't there that thing not many issues ago where
Mark ran into Anissa again but she has a husband and kids now?
I was expecting them to go somewhere with that.

Ok, I need to know: what is all the hype around Raina Telgemeier's book? Is a whole generation of kids really into her book? I keep seeing it in every top 10 list.

Ok, I need to know: what is all the hype around Raina Telgemeier's book? Is a whole generation of kids really into her book? I keep seeing it in every top 10 list.

It seems to sell pretty consistently. Also, she has a few books out. Sisters, Smile, Drama, and Ghosts. I've flipped through them, they look pretty cute.

I really enjoyed Hawkeye #1. This is the first volume of Hawkeye that looks promising since the Fraction run. It's a surprising angle for the series to take, though. The Kate issues of Fraction's Hawkeye weren't as well received as the Clint or Clint/Kate stuff, iirc, and this is very similar in style and premise. I always liked those issues myself so this works for me, but people who didn't enjoy her California adventure back then probably aren't going to like this either.

The "targeting reticle" is a nice touch. I love when an artist incorporates a feature that gives a solo book a signature style.

Hagi

Wow Glitterbomb is really good, what the fuck at issue 4.

It's totally not €700

I'm not going to lie I thought it would be more. That fucking sucks though, are you still in contact with those you have paid? A year is a long time to be twiddling your thumbs waiting.

Hillbilly #4: This book is kind of a shoo-in for single issue story of the year. It's competing with itself in its own class, and it's hard to say which story is my favorite. I hope to follow the adventures of Rondel the wandering hillbilly for a long time to come.

It's one of the first three though. Still an excellent issue but ended too abruptly.

Why would she bother at that point? Would she have
eviscerated her husband if she could get with Mark? Also, I don't remember if she had more than one kid, but would one of them have been Mark's?

Intimidation, obviously. It's well documented that rapists seek to reinforce their power over the victim. Not positive on the parentage part, I'd need to revisit those panels. Might have been implied.

Messi

Wow Glitterbomb is really good, what the fuck at issue 4.

I'm not going to lie I thought it would be more. That fucking sucks though, are you still in contact with those you have paid? A year is a long time to be twiddling your thumbs waiting.

As of a week ago, yes

ME: I should read glitterbomb

also me:
0*q_yiCTicEWMnMM-i.gif

think that is how I am on most suspect comics.

Here are the first three pages of the first issue. You will know if it is a book for you immediately.

Try to fully read the first page before looking at the second if you can

I didn't know Thunderbolts is already cancelled and on its final arc before I read the new comicsbeat article about the 2nd week of most Now! books. Ouch at those numbers.

Book started off lousy, honestly. Not sure if it ever recovered.

I'd rather have Bucky freed up for other books

TheFlow

Banned
Here are the first three pages of the first issue. You will know if it is a book for you immediately.

Try to fully read the first page without looking at the second if you can

Book started off lousy, honestly. Not sure if it ever recovered.

I'd rather have Bucky freed up for other books

I have seen those pages before in the preview, but that last page was funny.

I didn't know Thunderbolts is already cancelled and on its final arc before I read the new comicsbeat article about the 2nd week of most Now! books. Ouch at those numbers.

in a dream world Nick spencer would be writing Bucky as well.

Captain America :Bucky Barnes

also lol! ultimate squared #1 has super low sales. which is kinda deserving because that first issue was worst than every other issue in the series.

They should give Bucky a Nomad book

He has to wear the cape tho

Edit: holy crap at that Sorcerers Supreme drop. That must have felt like a punch in the dick.

Deserved if I'm being honest

Edit2: Foolkiller ;___________;

TheFlow

Banned
Flow looks at sales.

DR STRANGE SORCERERS SUPREME

10/16 Dr Strange Sorcerers Supreme #1 - 149,710
11/16 Dr Strange Sorcerers Supreme #2 - 29,349 (-80.4%)

Sorcerers supreme had it coming. I was excited for this book but ended up dropping it after reading #2.

OCCUPY AVENGERS

11/16 Occupy Avengers - 38,400

not too surprising. the issue was solid, but nobody wants to read about a guy who killed Bruce Banner. still picking up #2

10/16 Champions #1 - 334,937 [+6,772]
11/16 Champions #2 - 49,733 (-85.2%)

damn at those champions numbers.

biggest surprise: Death of X selling well for all 4 issues. people been craving for Cyclops and Emma.

They should give Bucky a Nomad book

He has to wear the cape tho
It's time to do a AU book with Steve "dying" in WWI and Bucky waking up in modern times. Bucky and Natasha hit it off etc.

Edit: The Deadpool, Daredevil and Black Panther lines look dead in the water aside from the main books going by those numbers. Even ASM is slipping.

shingi70

Banned
Where did this come from?

People on the previous page were commenting on the Switchs rumored specs being disappointing and it's something I've been seeing all day.

I'm just not sure what type of power people were expecting for the power level and size of the device.

TheFlow

Banned
It's time to do a AU book with Steve "dying" in WWI and Bucky waking up in modern times. Bucky and Natasha hit it off etc.

Edit: The Deadpool, Daredevil and Black Panther lines look dead in the water aside from the main books going by those numbers. Even ASM is slipping.

civil war 2 mane. it should of ended before the relaunch not still going strong 2 months into a relaunch.

TheFlow

Banned
World of Wakanda in my mind was supposed to be a current story running next to BP but is actually a backstory. They should probably make it a mini. I am picking up #2 for sure, but it is still in the drop zone.

Top Bottom