• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

it's fucked up how DC will kick you out for being mildly critical while Eddie Berganza will be the editor of the Superman books until the day he dies, but also

you have to be a super dipshit to not get why DC would fast-track another volume of Wonder Woman Earth One by Grant goddamn Morrison and Yannick Paquette, whatever qualms with the books you may have
At least DC has a sort of vaild reason for Berganza: they can't fire him unless he does something bad again since he went on some course from WB as punishment. Can't fire him without valid reason unless they want to get sued.

PsychBat!

Banned
Full solicit for the Hickman Avengers omnibus

AVENGERS BY JONATHAN HICKMAN OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN,NICK SPENCER & JASON LATOUR
Penciled by JEROME OPEÑA, ADAM KUBERT, DUSTIN WEAVER, MIKE DEODATO JR., STEFANO CASELLI, LEINIL FRANCIS YU, STEVE EPTING, JIM CHEUNG, AGUSTIN ALESSIO, ROCK-HE KIM, JONATHAN HICKMAN, NICK PITARRA & KODY CHAMBERLAIN
Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER

1192 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00

That's a lot of pages! Hopefully they don't mess up the reading order (like I hear they did for the Cosmic Marvel omnibuses).
WOOOOOOOOOOO

TheFlow

Banned
why do I want this. Also why did I look at those solicits for Black Panther and other great books. fuckkk. small spoilers but also now I can't wait for March. March is going to be my favorite month in all of comics.
DiamondSelectToysOldManLoganPVC1.jpg

Jessica Jones #3 is the most Bendis comic

Practically the entire issue is one long conversation involving three people and while it's enjoyable to read, the story doesn't move forward much

Two of those characters are Bendis characters, the third is a D-lister who is present to be the butt of jokes

The antagonist is cagey about her identity, but the cover seems to give away where this is going. We'll see

Gaydos/Hollingsworth with a cover by David Mack

Not that any of this is bad necessarily. Except my third point I guess but I could be wrong. Still a good comic.

Ross61

At least DC has a sort of vaild reason for Berganza: they can't fire him unless he does something bad again since he went on some course from WB as punishment. Can't fire him without valid reason unless they want to get sued.
If it was me, I'd probably take that chance. Every time DC does something that people don't agree with, somehow Eddie Berganza is gonna be brought back up. Plus it's keeping female writers from the Superman titles.

If it was me, I'd probably take that chance. Every time DC does something that people don't agree with, somehow Eddie Berganza is gonna be brought back up. Plus it's keeping female writers from the Superman titles.

Pretty much. Write the damn check.

I mean I would personally say reason numero uno is the guy is a piece of shit who treats women like shit but one way or another yeah he's gotta go

edit: hmmm there are a ton of editors on my hit list atm

TheFlow

Banned
Jessica Jones #3 is the most Bendis comic

Practically the entire issue is one long conversation involving three people and while it's enjoyable to read, the story doesn't move forward much

Two of those characters are Bendis characters, the third is a D-lister who is present to be the butt of jokes

The antagonist is cagey about her identity, but the cover seems to give away where this is going. We'll see

Gaydos/Hollingsworth with a cover by David Mack

Not that any of this is bad necessarily. Except my third point I guess but I could be wrong. Still a good comic.

The cover for #6 is so damn good. but apparently we find out everything real soon. can't wait. but yea a very Bendis issue.

why do I want this. Also why did I look at those solicits for Black Panther and other great books. fuckkk. small spoilers but also now I can't wait for March. March is going to be my favorite month in all of comics.
The Logan movie is out in March as well IIRC.

Messi

that hc was probably in track before DC decided to drop it like it's hot. DC still making money off the book and issues. book can still will the eisner. not like they lost anything from the first book being successful. they just stopped with the sequel.

Sure.. DC lost nothing here.. Smh

Hagi

Wonder if there will be a Viz or Kodansha sale on comixology for the end of the year. I'd really like to jump out of buying physical for manga outside of buying JoJo, Gundam and the odd Vertical release.

I think there had to have been bigger problems behind the scenes with this creative team than anyone on either side is telling us about. It's not a matter of having a bunch of other Wonder Woman stuff going on; that may have made it an easier decision but I doubt it was a major factor. At the end of the day DC is a business and they have tremendous incentives to push the shit out of Wonder Woman right now. It makes no sense, business-wise, to publish the first volume of an award-winning Wonder Woman series in hardcover and then immediately cancel the series. It is indeed a palpable loss so I can't imagine the sniping on twitter was the only thing on their list.

Everybody loses. The creators lose, the fans lose, DC lose. It sucks.

TheFlow

Banned
Comic-GAF discussing what happened between DC and the creators of legend of wonder woman

latest

Comic-GAF discussing DC rebirth, sales, or x-men

latest

Ross61

I think there had to have been bigger problems behind the scenes with this creative team than anyone on either side is telling us about. It's not a matter of having a bunch of other Wonder Woman stuff going on; that may have made it an easier decision but I doubt it was a major factor. At the end of the day DC is a business and they have tremendous incentives to push the shit out of Wonder Woman right now. It makes no sense, business-wise, to publish the first volume of an award-winning Wonder Woman series in hardcover and then immediately cancel the series. It is indeed a palpable loss so I can't imagine the sniping on twitter was the only thing on their list.

Everybody loses. The creators lose, the fans lose, DC lose. It sucks.

Might be something to this, since I think the Comicsbeat article said that the tweets and the Mary Sue article were only the "tip of the iceberg".

Cmx sales got me, especially since my Harley statue isn't arriving until the 28th :/.

Maybe if you hadn't cancelled and reordered you would have it by now.

I might pick up the Squirrel Girl OGN since it's on sale for $5.

The OGN is pretty great.

Whomever decided that being a child hooker should be a part of X-23's origin can go fuck themselves. That's trash

From what I read she serviced clients who wanted to be cut. Marvel seemed very vague if anything went on beyond that. But then I never read the OG X-23 stuff.

Why is the E capitalized?

Symmetry.

This book.

Adorable cover.

It's only $45. But be warned, the quality on that series isn't exactly stellar.

That's gonna be one hell of an icky lawsuit.

Christian

Man, why'd they have to get Jim Lee to do the Harry Potter comic? Could you imagine how awesome a Rob Liefield illustrated HP would be? What a missed opportunity.

Owzers

Maybe if you hadn't cancelled and reordered you would have it by now.

The OGN is pretty great.

From what I read she serviced clients who wanted to be cut. Marvel seemed very vague if anything went on beyond that. But then I never read the OG X-23 stuff.

Symmetry.

Adorable cover.

It's only $45. But be warned, the quality on that series isn't exactly stellar.

They are shipping it from Washington, that's so far away I always assume they mean d.c. But then no, it's the state.

DEATHSTROKE #14
Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
Art by JOE BENNETT
Cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
Variant cover by SHANE DAVIS
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
“TWILIGHT” part three! In exchange for dropping all the charges against him, Deathstroke takes a contract for U.S. Naval Intelligence that proves far more difficult than it should, and encounters an unexpected new ally in teenager Tanya Spears, a.k.a. Power Girl!

D:

tim1138

Oh nice, Fawkes is taking another shot at a monthly at Image. The last one looked interesting but seemed completely impenetrable to most reviewers. Not got to it myself because it finished up after the one volume, but interested. Lemire starts a new ongoing drawn himself. Nice to see Headlopper continue. A good looking month!

Intersect was amazing to look at, but weird as shit. I think I dropped it after three issues.

Intersect was amazing to look at, but weird as shit. I think I dropped it after three issues.

Haha, I think this is the trajectory almost everyone followed with the book! I think it's cool he just shot for the moon on whatever he was feeling and satisfied himself artistically but it clearly didn't work for actual readers of his work. The previews did look consistently fantastic though and I'll like to get around to picking it up for that reason. You've got to think he's made something just a little more commercial this time, for lack of a better word. I actually hadn't heard anything about the new book though, is there stuff out there on it or is this is being announced pretty much?

Hagi

I just never got into Telltale games, no real reason why. I just always think "next time" but then the next one passes and I start again hah. Would like to try GoT one day.

They are all of varying degrees of quality in writing and performance but GoT s easily the worst I've tried. I'd like to give Batman a go and hopefully Guardians turns out all right.

They are all of varying degrees of quality in writing and performance but GoT s easily the worst I've tried. I'd like to give Batman a go and hopefully Guardians turns out all right.

Ah damn that sucks! that's the one I'd really be interested in if they nailed it too.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My Image pulls for March!

Birthright #23
Black Road #8
Black Science #29
Copperhead #11 <--------------- It's back!
Curse Words #3
Deadly Class #27
Drifter #18
East of West #33
I Hate Fairyland #11
Injection #11
Kill or Be Killed #7
Manifest Destiny #27
Monstress #11
Moonshine #6
Motor Crush #4
Nailbiter #30
The Old Guard #2
Paper Girls #12
Shutter #28
Southern Bastards #19
Spread #20
Violent Love #5
The Walking Dead #165
The Wicked + The Divine #27

Maybe:
Extremity #1
Magdalena #1

Wait for a sale:
Afar

Copperhead returning. March officially awesome

First two eps of the new TWD game are out, yessssssss

Can't wait. Gotta get through a few of these games I picked up in the sale first though

Edit: Brian I keep meaning to tell you, I'm through the first two arcs of Manifest Destiny. Loving it

Does anybody else always get ads for whatever books we've been talking about in this thread? It's creepy

I'd plunk down cold cash for a Darkhawk revival n a heartbeat tbh

68. Chris Claremont and Dave Cockrum’s “X-Men

oh shit this is about to be one hell of a interesting list.

for those of you who don't know Claremont's run was in the top 10 4 years ago.

The "Claremont's run" that was top 10 in 2012 is from post-John Byrne up into X-Men #1-3 when he left in '91. This Cockrum is basically the original run of issues before John Byrne, so I wonder if like "Pre-Byrne Claremont/Cockrum - Claremont/Byrne - Claremont post-Byrne" like it was in 2012, or they're just separating all the "eras" like Romita Jr, Paul Smith, Silvestri, Jim Lee, etc

Top Bottom