• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

did we not read death of X? that book is all kinds of illogical. hell cyclops being outcasted and a terrorist is illogical. Beast is illogical. Storm was illogical. Xavier's mutants are like the slowest when it comes to taking action before it is too late in all of Marvel. Like AVX I expect full on types of fuckery. Especially if it ends with the inhumans in space.

Like I said, I don't expect much but good action panels towards the end.
The only thing genuinely illogical in DoX is the end. Why would anyond side with the Inhumans and even disagree with Cyclops' stance to begin with? Cyke being called a terrorist was something that was happening before DoX and he didn't do anything to convince people otherwise. Storm was just making what she felt was the best move at keeping her people alive by trying to work with the Inhumans. Most of the rest were just trying to stay alive.

TheFlow

Banned
True^^

I am aiming to read 50+ plus issues this week. really trying to stay afloat of my back issues. and still have time to read my Wednesday releases. So why not kick it off with something good

Birthright #6

solid chapter. Mikey showing off his survival skills. also wow at that bear page.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
who's Rawlins and why are people excited hes going to be in the Punisher show?

Hagi

who's Rawlins and why are people excited hes going to be in the Punisher show?

He's a character from Punisher Max who thinks he's a bad-ass Nick Fury lite but he's actually a piece of shit scrub too far up his own arse. If they do him right it should be pretty fun to see Frank eventually kill him.

TheFlow

Banned
It shouldn't need to be said in 2016 that talking shit on twitter can have negative affects on your professional life but some people just don't have much common sense.

pretty much. people lose jobs all the time because of something they post on FB or twitter.

mreddie

OML2016019-covCOL.jpg

SWERVE

The other Aaron book is probably Star Wars?

There are only 11 next month, including 3 co-writers. DC will have, I think, 14, if we don't count double shipping books twice, but a lot more of them are co-writers.

mreddie

Bendis deserves every one of those books too. what is the other book Aaron is on outside the two thors and doctor strange.

edit: I am surprise the women count is that high. is it due to the lack of women writers at marvel or marvel isn't hiring them

Both, doesn't help that Bendis is writing almost everyone, at least the female artist ratio is high?

TheFlow

Banned
Both, doesn't help that Bendis is writing almost everyone, at least the female artist ratio is high?

I don't think he should ever give up spider-man or jessica. they are just too good with him on it.

RiRi is the only thing right now that I see the argument for but he might end up making her a bigger hit than most people working at marvel.

mreddie

whats the swerve? that looks like old man logan no? what am I missing?

Was supposed to be ending but looks like Solictis fooled people.

Now Spider Woman has a very interesting one that looks like the end is coming.

Looks like the Robinson books are legit done.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was supposed to be ending but looks like Solictis fooled people.

Now Spider Woman has a very interesting one that looks like the end is coming.

Looks like the Robinson books are legit done.

what was ending, OML? im confused :/

Messi

except king DC. they basically just gave everybody a message.

Nah DC have had to do this before. This time they lost a great book that they had gone as far as releasing a hardcover for. Let's not pretend they didn't believe in that book.

TheFlow

Banned
Nah DC have had to do this before. This time they lost a great book that they had gone as far as releasing a hardcover for. Let's not pretend they didn't believe in that book.

examples have to be made and the law up kept no matter how much it hurts the king.

Messi

examples have to be made and the law up kept no matter how much it hurts the king.

But you implied DC didn't lose out. All I'm saying is they did. One of the last times they did this they actually had to pull their neck back in as it would have been legally wrong lol

TheFlow

Banned
But you implied DC didn't lose out. All I'm saying is they did. One of the last times they did this they actually had to pull their neck back in as it would have been legally wrong lol

fans lost out on a sequel to legends. Not sure if DC cared enough given how they are fast tracking a lot of WW books including 2 more year one WW books.

also peep the cmx sale thread. someone is asking for Harley quinn recommendations.

Messi

fans lost out on a sequel to legends. Not sure if DC cared enough given how they are fast tracking a lot of WW books including 2 more year one WW books.

also peep the cmx sale thread. someone is asking for Harley quinn recommendations.

Yes they clearly didn't care about a book that they put out in hardcover and got am Eisner nod. Even if they don't care about awards the hardcover is telling.

Mad Love, Harley and Ivy mini and then stop reading Harley Quinn comics.

So, were the Black Widow ending rumours based on the solicits?

BLACK WIDOW #12

MARK WAID & CHRIS SAMNEE (W) • CHRIS SAMNEE (A/C)

IT ALL LEADS TO THIS!

• All the secrets…
• All the lies…
• All the vengeance…
• It all ends here.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Also, SG solicit time!

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #18

RYAN NORTH (W) • ERICA HENDERSON (A/C)
VENOMIZED VARIANT COVER BY KATE LETH

• Squirrel Girl has met a mysterious benefactor who has given her a flying squirrel suit that’s definitely reliable and trustworthy! All is fine in the world, yes?
• You may be saying “yes, of course, and it certainly sounds like this is going to be a refreshingly calm and event-free issue of my favorite talking squirrel comic,” but if you’ll recall what the last few pages of our previous issue dramatically revealed, you’ll remember that, no, we’re actually all in a lot of trouble!
• Squirrel Girl is being manipulated by someone whose motivations nobody knows; Nancy is struggling with a challenging programming problem off-panel (which is why you didn’t see it in the last issue, but don’t worry, she’ll figure it out); AND a chicken named Alfredo is in a high-stakes battle for his very life!
• Gasp at a secret invasion of character motivations! Thrill at a chaos war of emotions! Boggle as monsters truly get unleashed and Doreen’s fate hangs in the balance!
• Squirrels and girls and punching, oh my!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Full solicit for the Hickman Avengers omnibus

AVENGERS BY JONATHAN HICKMAN OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN,NICK SPENCER & JASON LATOUR
Penciled by JEROME OPEÑA, ADAM KUBERT, DUSTIN WEAVER, MIKE DEODATO JR., STEFANO CASELLI, LEINIL FRANCIS YU, STEVE EPTING, JIM CHEUNG, AGUSTIN ALESSIO, ROCK-HE KIM, JONATHAN HICKMAN, NICK PITARRA & KODY CHAMBERLAIN
Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER

Modern visionary Jonathan Hickman begins his Marvel magnum opus! As threats to Earth mount, the Avengers expand! But even the mightiest roster of all may be powerless in the face of what’s coming! And while Iron Man and Captain America assemble their Avengers World and strive to decipher the meaning of the White Event, Tony Stark secretly tries to solve the biggest crisis of all along with his influential allies the Illuminati! While they seek to prevent the collapse of reality itself, the Avengers face a war on two fronts! Protecting Earth from the Builders may only hand it to…Thanos! Collecting AVENGERS (2012) #1-23, NEW AVENGERS (2013) #1-12, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2013 (INFINITY) #1, INFINITY #1-6, INFINITY: AGAINST THE TIDE INFINITE COMIC #1-2, ASTONISHING TALES: MOJOWORLD #1-6 and material from SHANG-CHI: MASTER OF KUNG FU (2009) #1.

1192 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00

That's a lot of pages! Hopefully they don't mess up the reading order (like I hear they did for the Cosmic Marvel omnibuses).

TheFlow

Banned
Yes they clearly didn't care about a book that they put out in hardcover and got am Eisner nod. Even if they don't care about awards the hardcover is telling.

Mad Love, Harley and Ivy mini and then stop reading Harley Quinn comics.

that hc was probably in track before DC decided to drop it like it's hot. DC still making money off the book and issues. book can still will the eisner. not like they lost anything from the first book being successful. they just stopped with the sequel.

ElNarez

Banned
it's fucked up how DC will kick you out for being mildly critical while Eddie Berganza will be the editor of the Superman books until the day he dies, but also

you have to be a super dipshit to not get why DC would fast-track another volume of Wonder Woman Earth One by Grant goddamn Morrison and Yannick Paquette, whatever qualms with the books you may have

TheFlow

Banned
it's fucked up how DC will kick you out for being mildly critical while Eddie Berganza will be the editor of the Superman books until the day he dies, but also

you have to be a super dipshit to not get why DC would fast-track another volume of Wonder Woman Earth One by Grant goddamn Morrison and Yannick Paquette, whatever qualms with the books you may have

morrison despite doing weird stuff is a household name for comic readers. Him and Geoff Johns can demand a lot from DC that other writers can't.

and yea it is fucked. I read about how DC fired other people for doing less in that one article Lordlore linked. lot of messed up people working at the head of these companies.

ElNarez

Banned
but also, incidentally, for the one super weird and kinda fucked up Wonder Woman E1 does, it's a really great and smart take on Wonder Woman, so, there's that too

Top Bottom