• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

The "Claremont's run" that was top 10 in 2012 is from post-John Byrne up into X-Men #1-3 when he left in '91. This Cockrum is basically the original run of issues before John Byrne, so I wonder if like "Pre-Byrne Claremont/Cockrum - Claremont/Byrne - Claremont post-Byrne" like it was in 2012, or they're just separating all the "eras" like Romita Jr, Paul Smith, Silvestri, Jim Lee, etc

yeah those books are pretty ass

Sandfox

Well it looks like Bleedingcool was right about
the Scarlet Spider book from PAD and Bagley. I'll be picking that up.

Was supposed to be ending but looks like Solictis fooled people.

Now Spider Woman has a very interesting one that looks like the end is coming.

Looks like the Robinson books are legit done.

The OML solicitation said "the conclusion" and a lot of people started assuming that it was referring to the book rather than the arc.

Messi

Must get at all costs

jymbauwiblk7ptem7sva.jpg

Well it looks like Bleedingcool was right about
the Scarlet Spider book from PAD and Bagley. I'll be picking that up.

Yeah the title was a no-brainer but there is still some mystery in that we don't know if it will be
Kaine, or Ben, or both of them

Unless it's in the solicitation of course. I haven't looked.
Or did it pop up elsewhere

Sandfox

Why are the majority of Harley's costumes ugly? They need to stop changing it every week and pick something that actually looks good.

Yeah the title was a no-brainer but there is still some mystery in that we don't know if it will be
Kaine, or Ben, or both of them

Unless it's in the solicitation of course. I haven't looked.
Or did it pop up elsewhere

I'm expecting Kaine to die and Ben to become the Scarlet Spider again.

Messi

I know nothing about Lego but I assume it being Harley means it's sold out and expensive now.

Why are the majority of Harley's costumes ugly? They need to stop changing it every week and pick something that actually looks good.

It's part of her character to like dressing up. I prefer her having lots of different outfits.

She has a default costume in her solo book BTW. She just changes from it often but always goes back to it.

I know nothing about Lego but I assume it being Harley means it's sold out and expensive now.

It's part of her character to like dressing up. I prefer her having lots of different outfits.

She has a default costume in her solo book BTW. She just changes from it often but always goes back to it.

Think it's 49$. You may want the set with the Ivy mini-figure as well but it's 79$...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Edit: Brian I keep meaning to tell you, I'm through the first two arcs of Manifest Destiny. Loving it

Awesome. Glad you are liking it. The third arc will not disappoint. It might make you question whether or not you want to keep going. But that won't be a matter or quality. :)

If all you care about is the minifigs, bricklink is the way to go

But LEGO is fun

As a doting brother(who loved LEGO in his youth) with a young little sister with a love of LEGO it's hard to not use each paycheck on LEGO. She REALLY wants the Bath!Batman, Orca, Catman and more of the collectible figures.

How does one buy these Lego? Amazon

Amazon or shop.Lego.com

Make sure you aren't paying more than MSRP if you don't have to. Lots of scalpers on Amazon

There was also a set called Jokerland that I heard a lot of great things about, but that's out of print so you'd have to pay a bit more for it. (MSRP was US120) That one came with quite a few minis, I believe Harley and Ivy were both in it

Amazon or shop.Lego.com

Make sure you aren't paying more than MSRP if you don't have to. Lots of scalpers on Amazon

There was also a set called Jokerland that I heard a lot of great things about, but that's out of print so you'd have to pay a bit more for it. (MSRP was US120) That one came with quite a few minis, I believe Harley and Ivy were both in it

There's also a new Arkham Asylum set on the way for the movie IIRC.

Hah, despite Dillon saying the tweets and his attitude towards other books wasn't the reason their book was dropped, guess what DC are saying?

It really sucks that this happened. LoWW is great, and to lose it for such a stupid reason is really fucking sad. Why couldn't they just talk shit in private like normal people? Did they really think that publicly criticizing their peers and employers would result in something good happening for them? Such a stupid, stupid, shame.

Yeah I think so, which is nice as I missed the last one

The Scuttler you linked to looks soooo rad, I'm buying it the second it's available. Setting aside some Christmas cash.

I'm so happy I have the only LEGO Store in Sweden half an hour away right next to the only IMAX cinema.

From de Liz(not her husband who made most of the comments):

There’s seems to be a ton of articles on LoWW at the moment, and wild ideas of what happened, and misconceptions of who we are, so let me say a couple things to clarify so we (and DC) can hopefully move on from this. :)

DC stated “challenging relationship” as the cause for the end of LOWW, which I feel is fair from both sides. I want LoWW readers to know, never once did I knowingly cross any lines, or felt I risked LoWW in any way, which is why I was SO shocked by the turn of events. I am a very careful person, and would never have risked it.

My true mistake was not recognizing the atmosphere of my work environment (perhaps a hazard of working remotely) so I could understand the expectations from it. I had the impression everything was fine & was told repeatedly I was welcomed to share my concerns or opinions anytime, so I trusted it was wanted, and safe to give them privately and respectfully. If I had known my thoughts were not appreciated, I would not have given them.

My couple tweets seen in most articles were relating feelings and not intended as a negative towards DC. I didn’t recognize it was viewed so harshly, or was forbidden, and I apologize for any harm they did.

In the last week I’ve lost a dream project, been uplifted by the comics community, been accused of being horrible things, while dealing with a threatened pregnancy.

We are not bad people, we didn’t know we were…er…”poo-ing” where we ate and weren’t roving around DC like a couple ungrateful, mindless rebels. We just missed information somewhere which led to us choosing honesty instead of the expected compliance.

So I hope now news sites will give my family peace through the Holidays, because we sorely need it, especially for baby soon-to-be. There is no ill will to DC, and no crazy story to tell. It’s just the way things worked out this time.

I will be forever grateful for my time with Wonder Woman, and to the readers who supported it. I’ll always be right here, continuing to support the works of DC’s wonderful creators, and I hope everyone does the same.

That's the end of that.

Dillon 100% knew what he was doing since he tried to delete old tweets as the story broke and hasn't responded to questions. de Liz is fine as all articles and DC have said.

Edit: Extremists sneak peek.

Good night.

Ross61

From de Liz(not her husband who made most of the comments):

That's the end of that.

Dillon 100% knew what he was doing since he tried to delete old tweets as the story broke and hasn't responded to questions. de Liz is fine as all articles and DC have said.

Edit: Extremists sneak peek.

Good night.

Ivan Reis is a god amongst men. Too bad I don't see him making it past issue #15. He's drawing the whole first arc + Rebirth issue, the covers, and a Superman issue. They must've finally figured out how to clone him.

Ivan Reis is a god amongst men. Too bad I don't see him making it past issue #15. He's drawing the whole first arc + Rebirth issue, the covers, and a Superman issue. They must've finally figured out how to clone him.

He always seemed to keep up with deadlines, didn't he? How long did he last on Aquaman?

mreddie

So...
Spider Women seems to be ending
Black Widow seems to be ending
Scarlet Witch is done
Soule Inhumans is concluding
Solo is nomo

Man, my Marvoo pull is getting light

TheFlow

Banned
Oh my bad Jc. Didn't look at it correctly

Anyway guys I just got a 10 percent off cmx coupon for boom and use titles. Best part is that it applies to sales! Wooh. Guess I am picking up er thing

Reis has only been doing a few interior pages since Rebirth started so hopefully he has enough lead time to do the one Superman issue and then the first arc of JLA.

Mayday #2: *pats shoulders delicately* You're just so pretty. You're very, very pretty.

Mega Princess #2: My daughter is really into this but she might have to start paying for it herself from now on. It's sorta like I Hate Fairyland in structure, but without all the violence, and the dialogue reminds me of My Little Pony: FiM, which is another book she loves that I do not buy or read myself. I might give it one more. It IS really cute.

Jessica Jones #3 is the most Bendis comic

Practically the entire issue is one long conversation involving three people and while it's enjoyable to read, the story doesn't move forward much

Two of those characters are Bendis characters, the third is a D-lister who is present to be the butt of jokes

The antagonist is cagey about her identity, but the cover seems to give away where this is going. We'll see

Gaydos/Hollingsworth with a cover by David Mack

Not that any of this is bad necessarily. Except my third point I guess but I could be wrong. Still a good comic.
I think we got enough forward momentum. It was mostly getting a feel for the characters. Plus we had some pretty interesting foreshadowing. I liked it. Good dialogue and I thought the interaction between
Jess and Spot was hilarious
. Plus we have good progress with Luke.
From what I read she serviced clients who wanted to be cut. Marvel seemed very vague if anything went on beyond that. But then I never read the OG X-23 stuff.
Nah she fucked 'em. In the Women of Marvel X-23 issue and the Hunter's Dream arc of her solo series, a demon (I believe Belasco) and some other person get inside her head and talk about how she was used for sex. Based on the timeline, she was only 15-16 when she was a hooker. They try to sugar coat it, but she had sex.

Gross. It adds nothing to the character, though I haven't read everything with her. She's already traumatized and fucked up enough, so this just seems like overkill. Like the rape scene in Hellsing Ultimate.

Nah she fucked 'em. In the Women of Marvel X-23 issue and the Hunter's Dream arc of her solo series, a demon (I believe Belasco) and some other person get inside her head and talk about how she was used for sex. Based on the timeline, she was only 15-16 when she was a hooker. They try to sugar coat it, but she had sex.

Woof. Marvel down with all kinds of cringe-worthy stuff

What's crazy is I'm pretty sure Joe Q came up with that idea himself so the buck stops at the top

Hard to judge too harshly because a) this was still a period when the "trauma makes female protagonists appear stronger" trope was not well understood as the harmful narrative trick that it is, and b) I don't think they knew what the fuck they wanted X-23 to be back then. But yeah it's best forgotten all the same and thankfully it generally is.

And while this doesn't excuse it, let's not kid ourselves, that trope is alive and well in comics and in other mediums

Woof. Marvel down with all kinds of cringe-worthy stuff

Yeah. The living weapon shit was already brutal enough. That was unnecessary. They could have easily just had her as a street rat being used by a gang to commit crimes or something if you really wanted to add to it. Feels like they did it just for NYX. But whatever. It's done
What's crazy is I'm pretty sure Joe Q came up with that idea himself so the buck stops at the top

Hard to judge too harshly because a) this was still a period when the "trauma makes female protagonists appear stronger" trope was not well understood as the harmful narrative trick that it is, and b) I don't think they knew what the fuck they wanted X-23 to be back then. But yeah it's best forgotten all the same and thankfully it generally is.

And while this doesn't excuse it, let's not kid ourselves, that trope is alive and well in comics and in other mediums
Using this kind of thing isn't bad IF USED PROPERLY. Not just stacked like a LEGO used to make the tower bigger.

frye

yeah it comes from Quesada, I read all those Kyle/Yost X-Men comics for some reason and they don't ever really bring it up. It's actually Liu who reestablishes it iirc

Top Bottom