• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Sam has his moments and seeing him get a win after all the struggles make them all the better. Sam has a good number of characters around the Marvel Universe in his corner though. I recommend checking out Duggan's run.
Maybe
Racist? Nahhhhh. Just anxious about the economy

F4i54Hd.jpg
Ah that's the one

What a thing of...thing
He was the first in DIVERSITY PUSH IN MAH BOOKZ

And yet, it was 2012 and people were still bitter with Rich while Thanos and Star Lord got off scott free.
I met someone who hated that, by killing of Rhodes, they replaced a black man with a black girl.

Because somehow that was worse. Such a bummer killing off a character who has been super useful for the past...past.

ElNarez

Banned
remember when an area of Secret Wars was called "Marville" and it wasn't about the Bill Jemas thing, it was just the setting for Skottie Young's dumb bullshit?

Sandfox

ASM #22 was pretty interesting and now I understand what Slott and Lowe were talking about when describing the Clone Conspiracy in interviews.

remember when an area of Secret Wars was called "Marville" and it wasn't about the Bill Jemas thing, it was just the setting for Skottie Young's dumb bullshit?
I really liked that book.

I remember reading Infinity Gauntlet and the OG Secret Wars a while ago and being surprised at how....dense they were. Modern comic events feel like they never have enough time to fully explore what it sets up, they rush to the finish line halfway through or they just have bad pacing in general. Reading IG and SW there was so much that happened in each issue, it took a good amount of time to read through them and I didn't feel something was missing. What happened since then? is it just me?

It feels like they try to get around it with tie ins but those aren't as good compared to having one cohesive fulfilling story.

Even Hickman's Secret Wars which i really liked felt so rushed near the end, it set up a huge ambitious story and he could've done so much more with it. For one small example the whole deal with Maximus becoming the Prophet stuck out as being rushed past just to get to the end, a lot of good character moments just wasted.

Mindwipe

So according to the solicitation for Avengers 5.1,
the mysterious Avenger whose return to life was teased in Avengers #1 is female. It would also have to be someone that was around 60s since that book is about the Kooky Quartet.
Any guesses?

There's nobody obvious. The closest I can get to is
Jocasta, who you might argue is related to Hank enough to count. And might be dead, or just missing.

*Edit: That Nicola Scott pic is wonderful.

My heart jumped. Marguerite and all those lovely artists*(Laura Braga, Mirka Andolfo and Elsa Charretier)? Fuck.

If Blizzard wanted a weekly digital comic they should really go with DC. Thus far all of their digital books like Injustice etc been huge successes and the hardcovers are really nice. Throw in some DC loot boxes as cross promotion and everyone wins.

Trying to imagine an overwatch comic and who would work on it, all I'm getting back is Joe Madureira and promises he's working on it a decade from now.

Batman

Me with all my theories like:
Seinfeld-GIF-Thats-It.gif

As an individual issue I really like this issue, but I can't help but feel completely let down.
Punch and Jewlee are there to blow up a bubble gum raft, and Bronze Tiger is there to take venom, remove a grate, and punch Wesker out. That's all, that's it. What? Why was Batman repeating himself over and over again, even to himself. How did he suddenly have a new costume after getting completely fucked up by Bane the first time? What did Batman do in the air vent while everyone walked away?

There are parts of this issue I just love. I love the dialogue between Batman and Bane, I love the panels as Punch and Jewlee get dragged away and then they're chatting about outside world stuff even though they have no way of experience what they're talking about. I love the interactions with Wesker. I absolutely love Waller being a fucking boss and walking into the Batcave and basically telling Alfraid to deal with it. But by the end of it I can't help but sit there and feel stupid for ever even speculating at anything more going on. I would love to sit here and speculate more and think Batman wanted these people out to possibly fuck with Waller or for some other plan, but I feel stupid after this issue to even think about that stuff.

This issue felt like a joke played by King. Here's two issues of weird shit happening, then two issues of back and fourth letters between Batman and Selina but in the end Punch and Jewlee were there to blow up a bubble gum raft and Tiger was there to get back on Venom so he could remove a grate and punch Wesker.

I don't even know....

Tom King's Batman in a nutshell.

I'm one of the ones who has actually loved the book so far, I just can't help but feel let down by this issue a lot.

I feel almost crazy, like am I the only one who was speculating this hard? Was I alone in thinking there was weird stuff going on? Did I somehow just make something out of nothing and I was never actually promised more? I am so damn conflicted on this issue.

Mindwipe

I don't think Blizzard want to dish out Overwatch's lore that quickly.

I spent a fair amount on CMX in the last few days. The last Image sale was pretty weak for me, but there was loads this time. Helps that a fair few series dropped a new trade between then and now.

Batman

Me with all my theories like:
Seinfeld-GIF-Thats-It.gif

As an individual issue I really like this issue, but I can't help but feel completely let down.
Punch and Jewlee are there to blow up a bubble gum raft, and Bronze Tiger is there to take venom, remove a grate, and punch Wesker out. That's all, that's it. What? Why was Batman repeating himself over and over again, even to himself. How did he suddenly have a new costume after getting completely fucked up by Bane the first time? What did Batman do in the air vent while everyone walked away?

There are parts of this issue I just love. I love the dialogue between Batman and Bane, I love the panels as Punch and Jewlee get dragged away and then they're chatting about outside world stuff even though they have no way of experience what they're talking about. I love the interactions with Wesker. I absolutely love Waller being a fucking boss and walking into the Batcave and basically telling Alfraid to deal with it. But by the end of it I can't help but sit there and feel stupid for ever even speculating at anything more going on. I would love to sit here and speculate more and think Batman wanted these people out to possibly fuck with Waller or for some other plan, but I feel stupid after this issue to even think about that stuff.

This issue felt like a joke played by King. Here's two issues of weird shit happening, then two issues of back and fourth letters between Batman and Selina but in the end Punch and Jewlee were there to blow up a bubble gum raft and Tiger was there to get back on Venom so he could remove a grate and punch Wesker.

I don't even know....

I'm going to have to agree. What a let down. It doesn't help my declining interest in super hero comics either. People complain about Snyders Batman but it at least his had a message, it stuck to a theme. We are #13 issues into this run and so far it's just been kind of mindless Batman. The first arc with the Gotham kids, was a decent start. It's was a summer blockbuster type of story but it showed promise.
This whole arc with the prison though was nothing. Spent a whole arc invading a prison held by Bane, and everyone comes out the other side squeaky clean.
it'sfuckingnothing.gif

It's like he is afraid to be smart Tom King with Batman. With Grayson and Vision, he just went for it. He experimented, he pushed the medium. With Batman, it's like he is afraid of losing something that's not even his.

ElNarez

Banned
I wasn't sure about Justice League vs. Suicide Squad, because it was good but not really anything special, but then, last page reveal, and I'm feeling tears of joy in my eyes. I am fucking IN.

I'm going to have to agree. What a let down. It doesn't help my declining interest in super hero comics either. People complain about Snyders Batman but it at least his had a message, it stuck to a theme. We are #13 issues into this run and so far it's just been kind of mindless Batman. The first arc with the Gotham kids, was a decent start. It's was a summer blockbuster type of story but it showed promise.
This whole arc with the prison though was nothing. Spent a whole arc invading a prison held by Bane, and everyone comes out the other side squeaky clean.
it'sfuckingnothing.gif

It's like he is afraid to be smart Tom King with Batman. With Grayson and Vision, he just went for it. He experimented, he pushed the medium. With Batman, it's like he is afraid of losing something that's not even his.

It feels like he's trying to do something more low key and emotional with Batman and I was fine with that at the start, but I thought it was going to be something more by the end of this.

I know we're only half way through his supposed 4 arc story, but still...

TheFlow

Banned
Lord have mercy. this is too much.

12 marvel books I picked up this week. 12. what the actually fuck. I should not have bought captain marvel.

Cage and Slam are the only books I need in my veins right now.

going to avoid this thread for a while because those batman spoilers are too tempting.

Probably going to end up buying the lego dimensions lego batman movie set, likely followed by regret. Really wish they would just make a full fledged game out of it.

Messi

Lord have mercy. this is too much.

12 marvel books I picked up this week. 12. what the actually fuck. I should not have bought captain marvel.

Cage and Slam are the only books I need in my veins right now.

going to avoid this thread for a while because those batman spoilers are too tempting.

I bought 20

My last couple weeks of Marvel has been like 4-5. I dipped out on a lot of books that I can wait til later on. None of the new books have really grabbed my interest other than Jessica Jones and Infamous IM.

TheFlow

Banned
I legit enjoy the X books right now. Plus IvX tie ins.

I always tell people buy what makes them happy. a comic was made for somebody. forgot about those tie ins. I am sure you, echo, and sandfox will fill us in on tidbits.

My last couple weeks of Marvel has been like 4-5. I dipped out on a lot of books that I can wait til later on. None of the new books have really grabbed my interest other than Jessica Jones and Infamous IM.
yea I used to read like 5 marvel books a month and everything else on MU, but thanks to Messi I can pull more. edit: oh damn you said a week. jeez dude.

there are definitely some average books that I am pulling only because I like the characters. For example world of wakanda

Top Bottom