• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Messi

Marvel

Amazing Spider-Man #22
Black Panther World of Wakanda #2
Cap Sam Wilson #16
Cage #3
Mercs for money #6
Dr Strange #15
Gamora #1
Gwenpool #9
Invincible Iron Man #2
Mighty Captain Marvel #0
Occupy Avengers #2
Power Man and Iron Fist Sweet Christmas
Silver Surfer #8
Spider-Gwen #15
Dr Aphra #2
Star Lord #1
Thanos #2
Ultimates 2 #2
Uncanny X-Men #16
Venom #2

TheFlow

Banned
Marvel

Amazing Spider-Man #22
Cap Sam Wilson #16
Cage #3
Mercs for money #6
Dr Strange #15
Gamora #1
Gwenpool #9
Invincible Iron Man #2
Mighty Captain Marvel #0
Occupy Avengers #2
Silver Surfer #8
Spider-Gwen #15
Dr Aphra #2
Star Lord #1
Thanos #2
Ultimates 2 #2
Uncanny X-Men #16
Venom #2
bolded are the ones I got.

Marvel

Amazing Spider-Man #22
Cap Sam Wilson #16
Cage #3
Mercs for money #6
Dr Strange #15
Gamora #1
Gwenpool #9
Invincible Iron Man #2
Mighty Captain Marvel #0
Occupy Avengers #2
Silver Surfer #8
Spider-Gwen #15
Dr Aphra #2
Star Lord #1
Thanos #2
Ultimates 2 #2
Uncanny X-Men #16
Venom #2

God damn...

Looks like another 4-5 week for me.

tim1138

Marvel

Amazing Spider-Man #22
Cap Sam Wilson #16
Cage #3
Mercs for money #6
Dr Strange #15
Gamora #1
Gwenpool #9
Invincible Iron Man #2
Mighty Captain Marvel #0
Occupy Avengers #2
Silver Surfer #8
Spider-Gwen #15
Dr Aphra #2
Star Lord #1
Thanos #2
Ultimates 2 #2
Uncanny X-Men #16
Venom #2

That's about how many comics I buy a month

It's funny how I have all these plans on what I'll play, or watch or read next and sometimes that works. But then sometimes I go down a random unforeseen path. Like deciding to finally read the last 10 volumes of naruto. Why? *shrug* but it's time to finish this series.

It's funny how I have all these plans on what I'll play, or watch or read next and sometimes that works. But then sometimes I go down a random unforeseen path. Like deciding to finally read the last 10 volumes of naruto. Why? *shrug* but it's time to finish this series.

I know that feeling. It can be fickleness on my part or just something else genuinely capturing my attention.

Had a bit of a Hawkeye moment there. Replaying rise of the tomb raider and okay fair enough, flame arrows...grenade arrows though haha.

I decided to reread old The Phantom issues(in Swedish!)while getting all the Christmas stuff from the cellar.

Hagi

There's far too much in the sales I want to buy to bother buying all the stuff I wanted that's out today. Likely just going to get Gamora and Superman then wait a while for the rest.

Ivy's set is $80

I admire your dedication.

latest

Even nurse Harley?

Is it very new? Give it a couple of weeks. Everything shows up there eventually. (The price might be a bit higher the first couple of weeks then it settles down).

Edit: I see that the minifig is already available on eBay. You can check there too.

Is it very new? Give it a couple of weeks. Everything shows up there eventually. (The price might be a bit higher the first couple of weeks then it settles down).

Edit: I see that the minifig is already available on eBay. You can check there too.
Nurse Harley is in the blindbags. Could probably feel it out.

shingi70

Banned
So in the last arc of suicide squad how does Harley going sane actually work. Seems to do a discredit toward her character and making the personality and knowledge split between the two is pointless. What makes Harley so dangerous is that for all her craziness she's always reading every one and typically has a hand on most situations.

So in the last arc of suicide squad how does Harley going sane actually work. Seems to do a discredit toward her character and making the personality and knowledge split between the two is pointless. What makes Harley so dangerous is that for all her craziness she's always reading every one and typically has a hand on most situations.

The last 2 issues have felt really dumb. With the timing of Lee going off the book and coming up to SS VS JL I'm wondering if Williams was kind of restricted on the story he could tell and it wasn't really working because of it. Somehow the vault was making everyone crazy because Zod was outside of it and somehow because Harley is already crazy it turns her sane instead. Then everyone can just snap out of it by pain, though by that basically everyone would be out of it pretty quickly because they were all attacking each other. Then the Boomerang stuff made no sense whatsoever. Somehow he was blown to nothing and left his severed feet on the ground by he was downloaded and corrupted the facilities systems and somehow him going into Zod brought him back to solid form meanwhile it did nothing to Zod?

The book started out really good but it went pretty stupid in the last couple issues.

INT.WRITERSROOM.MORNING

WILLIAMS: Wait wouldn't it be funny if everyone went crazy...but Harley went sane?
JOHNS: (teleconferencing from Suicide Squad II: Who's 'Cide U On writer's room) (does not look up from keyboard) Sure thing.

Messi

Thanks for the help

Freeza... Fuck you.

Tizoc

Hot Rod is a pos that got prime killed.

Nah even if Hot Rod hadn't intervened, Megatron would've killed Prime anyways. Really Prime was meant to die in the movie to push onwards the new wave of toys, Hot Rod just became the fall guy because they didn't want the villain to straight up kill the hero.

Rodimus does save Optimus during Dark Cybertron though, reminding us why we love that big red and blue fella.

Does Darth Vader count as SF or fantasy?

Sci fi.

Forget me complaining about people giving JL good scores still. This week's issue has 3 reviews sitting at 3.5 or 3 right now.

It makes it even more funny because JL vs SS seems to be good.

Please DC, get Hitch off this book!

"I want to love this book so much, but like my Parents, it keeps ignoring my love and making my life a living hell. Please, Justice League...love me. LOVE ME!!!!"

Well this review starts great...

ElNarez

Banned
I really fucking love the work Tom King is doing on Batman, on a thematical level. On a
"let's challenge the idea that Batman is trying to punch the world into making sense to his traumatized mind, by looking at the limitations of his crimefighting as a form of self-harm that is necessary for Gotham to be safe"

Man where are my Image books. Aftershock. Etc. A little late in the day for these to still not be on CMX...

At least 4 Kids popped up.

Edit: never mind, figured it out. Carry on.

I really fucking love the work Tom King is doing on Batman, on a thematical level. On a
"let's challenge the idea that Batman is trying to punch the world into making sense to his traumatized mind, by looking at the limitations of his crimefighting as a form of self-harm that is necessary for Gotham to be safe"

I like it on a thematic level too, I just don't feel like the theme alone is holding up the story. Last issue I had a problem with the letter being enough to sustain an entire issue and this issue I liked what we got but it felt like a very anticlimactic end. I'm loving the tone and some of the stuff were getting, but don't know if I'm liking the execution.

ElNarez

Banned
I also dig that this was a 5-issue arc about Batman's resolve to break Bane's fucking back. And then, guess what?
Bane's fucking back gets broken.
You gotta love that shit. It's the good shit.

so Tom King Batman is the BvS of comics, where everyone is like "what is this shit" and elnarez is like "um actually its BRILLIANT" just all year round

so Tom King Batman is the BvS of comics, where everyone is like "what is this shit" and elnarez is like "um actually its BRILLIANT" just all year round

I don't think it's that polarizing. I loved the first arc and have liked most of this one. Even in this new issue I think there is a lot to like, I just don't think we're getting King. It's like he's being reserved or stretching the story longer than it should or something. It just isn't working as you think it would and that is mostly my issue with it.

Batman
inflicts serious harm on Wesker and Tiger in this issue as part of his plan to get what he wants
which is some Frank Miller-level Asshole Batman shit. This
self-harm
theme is muddled and poorly expressed. Par for the course in this book, which I am finally walking away from.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Has someone a Aphra #1 code for me?
Very curious for the book but I am cut of my ebay account and cant read it since Comoxology has now some kind of regionlock as it seems.

Top Bottom