• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Hagi

Haha I love the zelda ones. Hoping I get the new Zelda wave come Christmas day actually, fingers crossed. Would love to get the Splatoon series one day

They will probably release a new lot for the Switch remaster/sequel, I'm kind of glad Disney Infinity was murdered because with that dead I have have a lot less small plastic crap lying around.

Owzers

Haha I love the zelda ones. Hoping I get the new Zelda wave come Christmas day actually, fingers crossed. Would love to get the Splatoon series one day

i have the squid girl with green hair, wolf link, and a pink yarn yoshi arrived today in a cheap yoshi wooly world bundle. Next will probably be a Zelda breath of the something one. I wish Nintendo made more interesting games so half their amiibo line wasn't Mario Party/Animal Crossing ones.

They will probably release a new lot for the Switch remaster/sequel, I'm kind of glad Disney Infinity was murdered because with that dead I have have a lot less small plastic crap lying around.
Haha the Disney ones were really nice build quality though, I love how chunky they were. Imo of all that stuff, the Disney ones were the best as actual display figures. And we could have had Spider-Gwen <3 you are right though, I see no end to amiibo, I think they've even shown off the breath of the wild amiibo? They kinda count as a switch wave I guess.

i have the squid girl with green hair, wolf link, and a pink yarn yoshi arrived today in a cheap yoshi wooly world bundle. Next will probably be a Zelda breath of the something one. I wish Nintendo made more interesting games so half their amiibo line wasn't Mario Party/Animal Crossing ones.

Way jealous of your squid lady, I hope you treat her well! Yoshi would be nice too. They could even just diversify inside of those families. Where is captain toad or Mario maker builder Mario. Or the Mario cats!

Would really like more third party tie ins. Yokai Watch, Layton, Bravely default etc

Hagi

Haha the Disney ones were really nice build quality though, I love how chunky they were. Imo of all that stuff, the Disney ones were the best as actual display figures. And we could have had Spider-Gwen <3 you are right though, I see no end to amiibo, I think they've even shown off the breath of the wild amiibo? They kinda count as a switch wave I guess.

Oh yeah I have all the force awakens line, some of the Clone Wars figures and they are super nice little things. The concepts they had for future figures were cool like Dr Strange. They have shown a 2 or 3 amiibos for breath of the wild I think. They must make a tidy sum for these because it really doesn't seem like they are stopping.

okay hear me out: what if Captain America had actually been a nazi all along

What if Captain America has a son and he was the Red Skull? plus he kills babies.

Owzers

Oh yeah I have all the force awakens line, some of the Clone Wars figures and they are super nice little things. The concepts they had for future figures were cool like Dr Strange. They have shown a 2 or 3 amiibos for breath of the wild I think. They must make a tidy sum for these because it really doesn't seem like they are stopping.

What if Captain America has a son and he was the Red Skull? plus he kills babies.

No one would write such a thing.

Now i want a Rey disney infinity figure. Is the disney infiinity 3.0 starter set thing still worth getting for my nephew?

Hagi

No one would write such a thing.

Now i want a Rey disney infinity figure. Is the disney infiinity 3.0 starter set thing still worth getting for my nephew?

Yeah it's a fun thing in it's own right and I imagine pretty cheap right now. I still need to get the original trilogy figures.

Dalek

Justice League vs. Suicide Squad was surprisingly decent. Any book with Jason Fabok art gets a few extra points in my book.

Oh yeah I have all the force awakens line, some of the Clone Wars figures and they are super nice little things. The concepts they had for future figures were cool like Dr Strange.

Sad times. My boy was just starting to lose interest in Infinity, mostly because toy box ran like shit no matter what platform you want with, but I was thinking about carrying the torch, I liked them that much, but then of course, cancelled. Disney are a frustrating company to love. I think we had all of the og star wars figures annnnd Asoka/Anakin from the pack? None of the force awakens sadly, and now the house is overrun by tsum tsum.

Echo is right, inside out was a great play set, and the star wars ones were pretty chill and fun on a kid level. Like I mentioned, only annoyance is toy box would just run horrible as soon as you began to build any size of cool level in it. Great idea and toolset as well

Hagi

Sad times. My boy was just starting to lose interest in Infinity, mostly because toy box ran like shit no matter what platform you want with, but I think I was thinking about carrying the torch, I liked them that much, but then of course, cancelled. Disney are a frustrating company to love. I think we had all of the og star wars figures annnnd Asoka/Anakin from the pack? None of the force awakens sadly, and now the house is overrun by tsum tsum.

Echo is right, inside out was a great play set, and the star wars ones were pretty chill and fun on a kid level. Like I mentioned, only annoyance is toy box would just run horrible as soon as you began to build any size of cool level in it. Great idea and toolset as well

We are basically the same person sans the kid. I ordered the new Star Wars tsum tsum on Tuesday, we have too much of those things already but they are cute af so whatever.

what's the difference between a starter set and a playset? The wii u star wars starter set ( and all of them) are pretty cheap at toysrus.

Playsets are basically expansions/stand alone campaigns based around the figures they come with. The starter has a pretty good sized one in there already, then you can get the kid more or a price if he likes it.

We are basically the same person sans the kid. I ordered the new Star Wars tsum tsum on Tuesday, we have too much of those things already but they are cute af so whatever.

Haha I think this often man when we mention this stuff. THE SCOT AWAKENS. Kid thing is handy BTW you get away with buying so much cool shit then just put it off as for them haha

what's the difference between a starter set and a playset? The wii u star wars starter set ( and all of them) are pretty cheap at toysrus.

So, the Infinity base has three slots, two are for characters and one is for an actual playset piece. They are semi-opaque and are objects from the property. For example, the Avengers playset piece from 2.0 is a model of Avengers Tower. When you boot up the game it will ask you to insert a playset piece, and will load the corresponding game when you do.

All of the playset packs come with a semi-opaque playset piece and two characters you can use in that playset. You can only use characters appropriate for the playset in that playset...you can't use Captain America in Inside Out or any of the Star Wars sets, for instance.

Like Donnie said, the starter set basically is a playset that also comes with the base and the disc. Everything you need to get started should be in there.

Oh, snap. New 4 Kids finally out. Hope the next one doesn't take as long.

I'm getting ready to read it right now. I'm soooo excited!

That was a good explanation echo, especially pointing out the lack of crossover of characters between playsets.

Definitely in for both those demos Freeza. Also thanks, saw that gr2 was getting a demo on the 23rd earlier...and filed that off as next Wednesday? Idk. Could of been awkward if I'd fucked up Christmas day though!

Definitely in for both those demos Freeza. Also thanks, saw that gr2 was getting a demo on the 23rd earlier...and filed that off as next Wednesday? Idk. Could of been awkward if I'd fucked up Christmas day though!

Thursday is a weird release day for demos, but I'm not complaining. Gonna wrap up Episode 2 of the new Walking Dead game tonight.

Hagi

Haha I think this often man when we mention this stuff. THE SCOT AWAKENS. Kid thing is handy BTW you get away with buying so much cool shit then just put it off as for them haha

I'm looking forward to when my fiancée and I have kids because of that lol

Nier Automata AND Gravity Rush 2 demos tomorrow? Truly we are blessed.

I'm going to pass on the Gravity Rush demo seeing on how the full game is out so soon but man Nier 2 looks fantastic. Really looking forward to that.

Why?^^

I would say Matt Fracttions Iron Man, because the last Mandarin focused arc sucked donkey balls and had a strange Mech fight IIRC.
At lest the actual last pages where cool.

XISAXISAXISAXISAXISAXISAX

Any other arc from UXF or UXA, compared to AXIS, largest dive in quality ever

Messi

Oh, snap. New 4 Kids finally out. Hope the next one doesn't take as long.

giphy.gif

I'm going to pass on the Gravity Rush demo seeing on how the full game is out so soon but man Nier 2 looks fantastic. Really looking forward to that.

It's like a month away! That's not soon at all. Also January 20th is the day they hand the keys over to Trump.

Hagi

It's like a month away! That's not soon at all. Also January 20th is the day they hand the keys over to Trump.

That's not long at all. I've still got FFXV, Last Guardian and Deus Ex to finish in the meantime. Yakuza 0 and Gravity Rush 2 being out like 2 days apart here is awesome plus I'll probably get Digimon Next Order as well the week after.

mreddie

There were a lot rumors in my shop. Mainly about the canned books.

I doubt Moon Girl is canned because she's getting a push, the shop has spares in case kids come by but this is in middle of a college.

Hellcat might be ending because that cover seems the endy.

Everyone's also scared Arron is jumping ship soon.

Oh boy, comics in 2017 is gonna be a sight to behold.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There were a lot rumors in my shop. Mainly about the canned books.

I doubt Moon Girl is canned because she's getting a push, the shop has spares in case kids come by but this is in middle of a college.

Hellcat might be ending because that cover seems the endy.

Everyone's also scared Arron is jumping ship soon.

Oh boy, comics in 2017 is gonna be a sight to behold.

Arron? Surely you dont mean Aaron? As in Jason Aaron, the Marvel goat?

Jason Aaron basically gets to do any and every big crazy book he wants at Marvel, including Star Wars of all fuckin' things. He'd be throwing away money to go anywhere else. And its not like it stopping him from writing Southern Bastards on the side.

Top Bottom