• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

mreddie

Assassins Creed sucks

SPIDPOOL2016012-int-LR2-3.jpg

I meant any collection, at least physical. Yes, I realize the irony of saying that in a comic book thread, but my comic book collection is part of the reason why I feel that way these days.

I'm not buying every physical comic that comes out. In fact I'm super selective in the books I buy. I'm now mainly focused on buying runs that have something close to an ending. I stopped buying big omnibuses and cutback on deluxe edition with a few exceptions. This is after I just culled a big chunk of my collection to Half Price Books.

JTripper

How's the Lois and Clark series that was out before Rebirth? Worth picking up in trade?

Was Gleason's Robin: Son of Batman any good too?

How's the Lois and Clark series that was out before Rebirth? Worth picking up in trade?

Was Gleason's Robin: Son of Batman any good too?

Yes to both.

Lois and Clark got a little meandering at times, but overall it was a fun little diversion and it sets up the Superman status quo in Rebirth pretty well. Robin: Son of Batman was a Gleason joint, which is to say, gorgeous. Pretty well written too. It got a little wonky towards the end, as a lot of the DCYou series did (creative teams getting pulled and shuffled to focus on Rebirth), but still overall worthwhile.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did you have a stack of comics fall on you, crushing you and also your dreams?

no, I have boxes and boxes of comic books taking up much needed space, comics I will never touch again. Same for my ridiculous dvd collection. Same for my action figures. Im not even going to go into the "waste of money" aspect of it, because, well whatever, at the time it wasnt a waste I guess (even tho I didnt read half the comics I bought or haf the dvds)

Im actually trying to sell my house and the thought of moving all that crap terrifies me, I will probably just toss it all tbh.

Or Let him collect what he wants. Buttons aren't going to eat up a ton of real estate

I let him do whatever he wants, its called advice, not order. I wish someone had given me some when I was younger tbh.

Now go clean your room young man and get off my lawn!

Man, I don't mind watching list videos every once in awhile, so I decided to watch a ScrewAttack (always a fucking mistake) list of Top 10 X-Men.

Oh god it was the wrong choice.
no, I have boxes and boxes of comic books taking up much needed space, comics I will never touch again. Same for my ridiculous dvd collection. Same for my action figures. Im not even going to go into the "waste of money" aspect of it, because, well whatever, at the time it wasnt a waste I guess (even tho I didnt read half the comics I bought or haf the dvds)

Im actually trying to sell my house and the thought of moving all that crap terrifies me, I will probably just toss it all tbh.
I mean, you could find a place to sell it. At least you'll get something out of it. But whatever. You already paid for it, so sunk costs and all that.

Sandfox

Man, I don't mind watching list videos every once in awhile, so I decided to watch a ScrewAttack (always a fucking mistake) list of Top 10 X-Men.

Oh god it was the wrong choice.

I mean, you could find a place to sell it. At least you'll get something out of it. But whatever. You already paid for it, so sunk costs and all that.

Adam-X all day every day.

Adam-X all day every day.

It was:

10) Colossus
09) Gambit
08) Kitty Pryde
07) Bishop
06) Rogue
05) Nightcrawler
04) Psylocke
03) Storm
02) Wolverine
01) Jean Grey

"I watched X-Men in the 90's and played some of the games!"

Except I can't really talk shit about that because half of that list would be in my top 10

Dorkly's list is better though, because it's voted by the readers, not the staff. This means that they decided to just shit all over their readers' choices.

Assassins Creed sucks
lol @ this page
It was:

10) Colossus
09) Gambit
08) Kitty Pryde
07) Bishop
06) Rogue
05) Nightcrawler
04) Psylocke
03) Storm
02) Wolverine
01) Jean Grey

Except I can't really talk shit about that because half of that list would be in my top 10

Dorkly's list is better though, because it's voted by the readers, not the staff. This means that they decided to just shit all over their readers' choices.
Jean Grey #1... nah

Sandfox

It was:

10) Colossus
09) Gambit
08) Kitty Pryde
07) Bishop
06) Rogue
05) Nightcrawler
04) Psylocke
03) Storm
02) Wolverine
01) Jean Grey

There are certain characters I'm just not a fan of like Psylocke and Colossus.

Top 10 X-Men List Time? OKAY YAY :D

10. Archangel
9. Warlock
8. Magneto
7. Husk
6. Magik
5. Psylocke
4. Multiple Man
3. Wolverine
2. Cyclops
1. Emma Frost

edit: any list that puts Jean Grey at the top and doesn't even include Scott or Emma needs to be dismissed out of hand, like holy shit

lol @ this page

Jean Grey #1... nah
I know right? She's just so boring. She had a few good storylines and has some amazing feats, but feats and stories don't make for a good character. Just a character that can do good things and be a moving piece inside a story. I like her occasional shades of pettiness, but those are so rare. Most of the time she's Saint Jean Grey, except for when she's Dark Phoenix. And then it's ALL about the Phoenix and SCOOOOOTTTTTT!
There are certain characters I'm just not a fan of like Psylocke and Colossus.
I'll always love my boy Piotr. Boring power set and all. Psylocke is okay. She has some good stuff, but I feel like she's mostly just used for "sexy ninja" and is pretty much interchangeable for Elektra.
Top 10 X-Men List Time? OKAY YAY :D

10. Archangel
9. Warlock
8. Magneto
7. Husk
6. Magik
5. Psylocke
4. Multiple Man
3. Wolverine
2. Cyclops
1. Emma Frost

Over my time reading X-Men, the characters I've bonded to most are, in no particular order:

Colossus
Emma Frost
Cyclops
Kitty Pryde
Storm
Laura Kinney
Armor
Rogue
Nightcrawler
Magik

I'm sure that'll change over time. It's fluid, though there are a good chunk that are and forever will be mainstays. I enjoyed Lady Mastermind's tenure on the squad (until the point where she leaves, obviously), as well as Cannonball, Elixir, and Magneto.

I know a lot of people found the Cannonball vs. Gladiator issue ridiculous and outrageous at the time, but it's seriously one of my favorite 1v1 X-fights of all time. If I had done a top 15 he'd be in there

edit: and M and Fantomex and Dust and Sunspot ;p
edit: and Chamber, now it's a top 16

edit: any list that puts Jean Grey at the top and doesn't even include Scott or Emma needs to be dismissed out of hand, like holy shit
Basically how I felt. It felt exactly like "who does the mainstream think is popular, and have we watched the 90's cartoon and played the VS. series?"
I know a lot of people found the Cannonball vs. Gladiator issue ridiculous and outrageous at the time, but it's seriously one of my favorite 1v1 X-fights of all time. If I had done a top 15 he'd be in there

Was the main argument for Cannonball that he's nigh invulnerable when blastin'?

Was the main argument for Cannonball that he's nigh invulnerable when blastin'?

He did about half a dozen amazing things he had never done before and has really not done since. Expanding his kinetic field into the ground to absorb impact, vibrating his entire body or some crazy shit to make himself invulnerable, flipping a 180 and blasting Gladiator in the damn face with his rocket trail. And then there was this

He fucking stomped him

He did about half a dozen amazing things he had never done before and has really not done since. Expanding his kinetic field into the ground to absorb impact, vibrating his entire body or some crazy shit to make himself invulnerable, flipping a 180 and blasting Gladiator in the damn face with his rocket trail. And then there was this

He fucking stomped him
I always love it when Gladiator gets stomped. Especially by country boys that become human rockets

Man, Injustice Mobile got an actually good Raven design. Really hoping 2 don't go for the last one or the N52 one.

@Events that are still canon in DC: I think they all are even if some happened differently as of Convergence/Rebirth.
I fully expect one of the Rebirth answers to be that Manhattan couldn't create an all new world and just replaced everyone on Earth/made people forget the old version while trying to shape the world to his liking. The fact Checkmate's old HQ is still the same as before with hole in the wall where Blue Beetle was shot in the head...

Messi

Man, Injustice Mobile got an actually good Raven design. Really hoping 2 don't go for the last one or the N52 one.

@Events that are still canon in DC: I think they all are even if some happened differently as of Convergence/Rebirth.
I fully expect one of the Rebirth answers to be that Manhattan couldn't create an all new world and just replaced everyone on Earth/made people forget the old version while trying to shape the world to his liking. The fact Checkmate's old HQ is still the same as before with hole in the wall where Blue Beetle was shot in the head...

Please make this comic Ravens costume. That's awesome.

Remember when the Batgirl team tried to be coy about trying to remove the killing joke from canon. Lol.

Wow this CMX D.C. Sale is their strongest yet and less annoying since it's not BOGO. 60% off line wide sale, includes Rebirth issues #1-3

https://www.comixology.com/DC-60-Off-Sale/page/13611?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA

Time to jump on the young animals books too!

And flinstones.

Speaking of DC, they just added pretty much all the Electric Superman issues to CMX. Going by the covers of Superman Reborn they might have a reason for that...

EDIT BC: 311+ creators involved in Love Is Love.

TheFlow

Banned
Flintstones 2-6
all star batman 1-4
deathstroke rebirth and 1-3.

omega men.

got what I have been dying to read from DC. I am trying to collect the absolutes of a lot of vertigo stuff, but I might scoop up some stuff.

It includes vertigo. They're just not highlighting it much in the splash page.

good to know. hopefully it applies to the rest of Sheriff of babylon

Messi

I just saw a preview for Teen Titans #3 and that artist should not be allowed to draw Damian anymore.

Koi Pham?

How is Green Lanterns?

Flintstones 2-6
all star batman 1-4
deathstroke rebirth and 1-3.

omega men.

got what I have been dying to read from DC. I am trying to collect the absolutes of a lot of vertigo stuff, but I might scoop up some stuff.

good to know. hopefully it applies to the rest of Sheriff of babylon

All of Sheriff is on sale

Messi

Glitterbomb is taking a year break between arcs. Arc 1 ending at #4. So that's that book dead. Sales must not have been good.

A year between Glitterbomb arcs, what's up?

Jim Zub said:
Trying something different rather than an uneven ship schedule.
Sept-Dec: 4 issue arc.
Spring: TPB and build up interest in next arc.

That way both Djibril and I can juggle other commitments while keeping Glitterbomb going bit by bit.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but I'm hoping the really strong reviews bring more people in for the TPB in March and anticipation builds

Also, to be 100% honest, writing a darkly cynical story like this is out of character for me, so it tends to go slower than my other scripts

Top Bottom