• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

TheFlow

Banned
world of wakanda #2
It is nice to see the aftermath of Namor's destruction,and Queen Shuri before her fall. Not a fan of the art, and sometimes the dialog is wonky. it is not as tight as BP. I am considering dropping this. The cover for #3 is soo good though.

444735._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Cage #3

omg hands the greatest issue ever. Like Yo if you aren't reading this I feel bad for you. This issue features the guest appearance of a lot of random marvel heroes, and man is it epic.

Cap: Misty Knight #16

good chapter. Misty Knight can handle herself!

kmfdmpig

All Star Batman really that good to be in a top 5? first issue was okay but that's all I read.

I'd replace it with Superman and Vision with Omega Men.

ASB is enjoyable, but not ground breaking by any means.

Superman, I agree, should be up there.

TheFlow

Banned
Doctor Strange #15

An actually great issue of Doctor Strange wow. The dialog was amazing this issue. We got a battle Royal. Strange is having the worst week of his life for sure.

Gamora #1

actually pretty solid. though I didn't know I was reading a prequel story. will pickup #2

Star-Lord #1

pretty decent but when the best part of your book is a guest character..I am dropping this. I was fine with the cursing though since people curse all the time in reality.

Hagi

I think she needs to sit out for a little bit longer. Needs the right creative team, not just some random person. Someone contact Nocenti.

Yeah that sounds fair, least she is appearing in Batman. Would be cool if she joined Detective Comics as a recurring character.

TheFlow

Banned
Thanos #1

out of all the solo space character books this was the best. Good stuff. and this is coming from someone who dislikes Thanos

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
have Batman and Catwomen fucked? Or is it just permanent flirting?

Any folks check out the gravity rush/nier demos then?

I played both. Back 2 back m8. Love them both. Nier kind of shifts genres on the fly. It's really cool. I haven't liked a Platinum game this much since Bayonetta. Gravity Rush is more of the same if you enjoyed the original. The controls take a bit of getting used to despite having previous experience with the control scheme. It's pretty unique in that regard.

Hagi

Any folks check out the gravity rush/nier demos then?

I tried the Nier demo earlier and thought it was pretty damn good. The boss wasn't really up to much but I only tried it on normal. I really like all the perspective changes and shmup stuff. Can't wait for it to come out.

Passed on Gravity Rush.

I tried the Nier demo earlier and thought it was pretty damn good. The boss wasn't really up to much but I only tried it on normal. I really like all the perspective changes and shmup stuff. Can't wait for it to come out.

It's more than just the perspective. It switches between hack-and-slash and bullet-hell shooter. And then you have segments that are similar to the exploration in Metroid / Shadow Complex.

Yea the whole perspective genre shifting really threw me for a loop, I skipped the original so I had no idea. Pretty awesome. Thought the visuals were a little rough, very foggy etc but scale and spectacle made up for it at the end. Of course, no idea what was actually happening. Gravity Rush, I just loved unadulterated. Can't wait for that. Definitely considering Nier now too, March is busy though, that might get in the way.

Hagi

It's more than just the perspective. It switches between hack-and-slash and bullet-hell shooter. And then you have segments that are similar to the exploration in Metroid / Shadow Complex.

Yeah shmup stuff. Took me a while to get the witch time down but man it's really cool how you can just zip around. Will be interesting to see what kind of weapons they introduce because that's the most fun I have with Bayonetta. Ice Skates of death for the win.

If Sega ever port Bayonetta to the PC or PS4 I'll be in heaven.

Top Bottom