• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

TheFlow

Banned
The mighty captain marvel #0

yea I do not care for the story at all. never was a fan of her, but at least I gave it a try. plus alpha flight hasn't been interesting to me in a while.

The biggest sign was that if I didn't like her in a team book I probably wasn't going to like her in a solo.

sorry guys.

I think Gamora is the only book I am going to continue with for a bit.

Great lake avengers and Wakanda are my danger zone books. Giving them till the #3 issue to convince me.

I think the new run is actually supposed to be playing with Alpha Flight more.

I think the only way to fix it is to bring in the characters with more interesting powers and put them in situations where they're on a planet or fighting in the space station so they can actually use them. Using two of the most recognizable characters, Puck and Sasquatch, might have seemed like a good idea but they don't have great power sets. Aurora is such a nobody up there I often forget she's part of the team. (Was she in MCM at all? I think so...?) Get Shaman and Snowbird up there. Where the fuck is Northstar, the character with more personality than the rest of the team combined? They messed up on the character select screen, badly.

And MCM was more of the same, same characters relegated to fighter pilots, that's a textbook example of underutilized characters. So I doubt they're planning on putting Alpha Flight to work in a truly meaningful way

Edit: you know what. I bet Northstar isn't up there so Carol doesn't have to live in his shadow

Sandfox

I think the only way to fix it is to bring in the characters with more interesting powers and put them in situations where they're on a planet or fighting in the space station so they can actually use them. Using two of the most recognizable characters, Puck and Sasquatch, might have seemed like a good idea but they don't have great power sets. Aurora is such a nobody up there I often forget she's part of the team. (Was she in MCM at all? I think so...?) Get Shaman and Snowbird up there. Where the fuck is Northstar, the character with more personality than the rest of the team combined? They messed up on the character select screen, badly.

And MCM was more of the same, same characters relegated to fighter pilots, that's a textbook example of underutilized characters. So I doubt they're planning on putting Alpha Flight to work in a truly meaningful way

Edit: you know what. I bet Northstar isn't up there so Carol doesn't have to live in his shadow
I think what they're are planning to do is bring in new members and make Alpha Flight more important to the overall plot, but it's still a Carol book so who knows.

I bought myself a Christmas gift:
C0ZxiVfWgAAa7sz.jpg

Now I have this, my Abe statue, and a mini-bust of Liz

El Topo

Random question that pisses me off to no end right now: Why is Comixology&Amazon, i.e. books you buy at Amazon show up on Comixology, only available in the US?
I'm sitting here on Amazon credit, I want to spend them on comic books, but I don't see why I should buy any if they're not available for me at Comixology. Germany by the way.

Edit:
At least that is what I assume, given that Comixology is not mentioned anywhere on German Amazon.

Edit 2:
Apparently it...works nonetheless? Man, couldn't they just tell me that on their website?

Boogiepop

Bleh, that was a bit of an undertaking. I've finally banished to the "Archived" section all the random single issues of crap accumulated under Comixology's "Free Comics"->"Add All to Cart" that I had done plenty of in the past. Admittedly a few of those may come back at some point as a good chunk were from when Image gave away literally every issue #1 they had on the service, and some of those may still turn out to be something I'll want to check out. But yeah, if I didn't recognize the title and it wasn't a significant chunk of something (IE there's some random stuff in there that's probably still trash, but I allowed it to stay in that section because the one thing I had of it from those freebies was like, 200 pages or so), then it got punted.

My library on Comixology went from having over 800 series to 517, which is a lot more manageable to browse through.

Edit: Though I did accumulate a lot of crap this way and thus created some busy work in having to shove it aside, this was still totally worth it btw, as I've had plenty of times where I'll find I already own an issue or two of a series and thus save a couple of bucks when picking it up.

MG310

Great, can't even get a replacement at that price because the 3rd party seller doesn't have anymore right now.

Amazon customer service pasted the price match policy into the chat twice as a response and then moved on.

mreddie

Squadron Supreme - Namor is back and Jim Hammond is going nuts.

I want to say when all said and done, I'll dread it ending but this team isn't a team book at all, it's mainly about Namor and Warrior Woman.

Squadron Supreme - Namor is back and Jim Hammond is going nuts.

I want to say when all said and done, I'll dread it ending but this team isn't a team book at all, it's mainly about Namor and Warrior Woman.
I haven't read the most recent issue, but that's kind of part of it all: the team is falling the fuck apart. Everyone's going nuts and it's AWESOME

mreddie

I haven't read the most recent issue, but that's kind of part of it all: the team is falling the fuck apart. Everyone's going nuts and it's AWESOME

I really feel they didn't push the concept enough.

The first arc and Spectrum arc seem to be the only arcs that felt like a Squad book.

I really feel they didn't push the concept enough.

The first arc and Spectrum arc seem to be the only arcs that felt like a Squad book.
I like the shit with Warrior Woman and how Power Princess still managed to fuck her up, though

I can understand what you're saying, but it's the natural progression of a group that got together to kill Namor and for no other reason, no matter what they tell themselves. Naturally they'll fall apart once that goal is fulfilled. Especially since Nighthawk has plans of his own and Warrior Woman ended up evil

Happy holidays(it's Christmas Eve here and that's when we celebrate it)!

Edit: Hahahahahahaha!
Sb5rmWR.jpg

Gorgon vs. Colossus: 9.5% vs. 90.5%
Inferno vs. Old Man Logan: 11.3% vs. 88.7%
Quake vs. Psylocke: 21.1% vs. 78.9%
Iso vs. Forge: 13.2% vs. 86.8%
Karnak vs. Jean Grey: 9.6% vs. 90.4%
Lockjaw vs. Lockheed: 20.1% vs. 79.1%
Triton vs. Iceman: 8.7% vs. 91.3%
Ms. Marvel vs. Magik: 21.5% vs. 78.5%
Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur vs. Young Iceman & Young Beast: 16% vs. 84%
Crystal vs. Magneto: 11% vs. 89%
Mosaic vs. Young Cyclops: 14.3% vs. 85.7%
Black Bolt vs. Dazzler: 27.4% vs. 72.6%
Medusa vs. Storm: 10% vs. 90%

MG310

Okay, it took some doing and a few customer service reps but they're going to ship me a new Harley from Amazon first party and refund me the difference between their price and the lower 3rd party price.

I think they expected me to just pay 20 dollars more for the same statue even though they would both be fulfilled by Amazon.

Okay, it took some doing and a few customer service reps but they're going to ship me a new Harley from Amazon first party and refund me the difference between their price and the lower 3rd party price.

I think they expected me to just pay 20 dollars more for the same statue even though they would both be fulfilled by Amazon.
Good.

The shipping goes on~

Top Bottom