• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

(Re)reading Snyder Batman (read about half of it in the past already, but not the full run) to "catch up" to all the current bat stuff, which I grabbed as of the latest Comixology sale. Having read up through the end of the Owls stuff now, it's of course great, but also let me say that that Labyrinth issue was not meant to be read in their browser reader on a computer. Like, couldn't find a reasonable way to rotate the display, and my laptop's too big to reasonably flip it, so I was stuck just straight up twisting myself around to manage to look at it upside down in order to properly read those pages. So I guess there's an advantage of print over digital that I never really considered until now...

just double tap and go to guided view

Owzers

Physically moving books around your shelf provides hours of fun.

Turning an actual page instead of tapping.

Selling arcs after they finish, which seems to be getting harder outside of walking dead/invincible.

I don't have an iPad Pro :/ so size is still a thing.

Price for current issues.

Paper comics have a soul.

Messi

Physically moving books around your shelf provides hours of fun.

Turning an actual page instead of tapping.

Selling arcs after they finish, which seems to be getting harder outside of walking dead/invincible.

I don't have an iPad Pro :/ so size is still a thing.

Price for current issues.

Paper comics have a soul.

Fair enough. So do you keep all the floppies you buy until you can sell them?

Owzers

Fair enough. So do you keep all the floppies you buy until you can sell them?
mostly, it helps that I only buy 12ish books a month instead of 40 like I used to, less to store and try to sell. No one wants power man and iron fist or Karnak at the moment. I have sixteen or so issues of the new Howard the duck taking up space, haven't tried to sell kots secret avengers run...

Sometimes I'll wait till a run is over to sell the whole thing, currently have all of saga, black science and east of west. Then my four small boxes are just a pile of sadness. World war hulk, jms Thor, azz Wonder Woman full run which I can't decide if I want to sell despite not really liking it and it reminds me of the statue I painted/sanded.

For floppies it's just a money and size thing, but I actually like trades.

TheFlow

Banned
just found out this is on sale. did anybody read it? going to buy it anyway

HeadLopper_01-1.png

That Comixology sale is great. Picked up some great stuff thanks to the recommendations in the other thread

- Stray Bullets: Killers
- The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol 1, 2, 3
- Vader Vol 1 & 2
- Kill Or Be Killed #1-4
- Sheriff of Babylon #1-12

So my most insane Christmas present was 500€ from my step-mother to help me with my driving license. holy shit

Got The Art Of DreamWorks! Some really cool Prince of Egypt pieces here after a quick check!

Phamit

God damn, Suicide Squad is a mess

Deadshot is cool though, also Diabolo. Boomerang had some moments

And lol at that rope guy without a introduction who died within seconds

Often times i'll randomly remember "This is the man named Slipknot. He can climb anything." and i laugh to myself

Sandfox

The joke wasn't even funny since they went out of the way to say her name instead of just joking about Room/The Room.
The fact they still don't have a director despite promising to announce one before the end of 2016 is sad. Here's to hoping Marvel haven't sent her the last run of the Captain Marvel book.
You should be worried about the Flash movie, not Captain Marvel.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Often times i'll randomly remember "This is the man named Slipknot. He can climb anything." and i laugh to myself

"I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims"

Is "soul-eating sword" actually kind of a trope at this point?

edit: Yes

edit2:
In Malazan Book of the Fallen, you have Anomander's Dragnipur, which holds the souls of those its slain within an alternate dimension where they spend the remainder of their existence towing the Gate of Darkness and the large cart it's situated in in an effort to keep it out of the hands of the forces of Chaos.

Well that's a bitch

edit3: (Dungeons and Dragons)
The Book of Vile Darkness introduced the concept of vile damage, which represents such an evil violation of body and soul it can only be cured by healing magic on consecrated ground.

I'm totally using this

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The first arc of Glitterbomb was pretty good but I feel it works just fine as a mini-series. I don't really feel a strong need to keep going with this one either. Though it sounds like I'll have plenty of time to change my mind before the next arc starts.

Aizo

Banned
I need some help with some very specific recommendations.

I'm visiting the West for a couple weeks which gives me easy access to a couple comics I've been wanting to buy, but I need some help.

1. Youth in Decline's Frontier.
Is anyone here reading this? I've never seen anyone besides myself post about it. I'm wondering which issues to buy. I plan on picking up Jillian Tamaki and Richie Pope's issues, but I was wondering if there are any other really good ones.

2. Adventure Time
This is just so overwhelming. There are about 8 or more different series, and I have no idea which ones are good. I will buy Mareline Gone Adrift and Playing with Fire. Which others should I get?

2. Adventure Time
This is just so overwhelming. There are about 8 or more different series, and I have no idea which ones are good. I will buy Mareline Gone Adrift and Playing with Fire. Which others should I get?

I haven't read many of them, but I thought Banana Guard Academy was fun.

Owzers

Are the darkseid war one shots worth it? It would be much easier to buy the two volumes and skip the shots if they aren't great.

arkon

2. Adventure Time

The main series written by Ryan North and art by Shelli Paroline and Braden Lamb up to issue 35 or 36 is good stuff. Well worth checking out.

Yes, THE SOUL OF THE DEAD TREE IT IS MADE FROM.

How does this fit in with the plot of Warren Ellis' Trees?

Best part of the film.

"This is the man named Slipknot. He can climb anything. Except death itself."

Top Bottom