• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. All right, thanks! One of the things I did want to avoid was the typical autobiographical comic. I've read a couple of those and they don't do much for me. I'll definitely check out Essex County though!

Thanks!

Thanks for the recommendation. I've kind of had my fill of childhood auto-bio comics, but I've seen that book recommended quite a lot so I'll probably give it a shot eventually. Thanks!

I loved Habibi by the same author of Blankets. Read the whole thing in one sitting.

Actually was able to pick up my comics today, read Ms. Marvel and is it just me or did it seem like she was a inhuman? I mean the mist hitting and then her popping out of the cocoon thing. Maybe I am just reading way too many Inhuman comics.

Actually was able to pick up my comics today, read Ms. Marvel and is it just me or did it seem like she was a inhuman? I mean the mist hitting and then her popping out of the cocoon thing. Maybe I am just reading way too many Inhuman comics.

I believe that's exactly what she is.

Just read Earth 2, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Forever Evil, and Joker's Daughter One Shot, on top of GL/RL last night.

It's weeks like this that I realize that the anti-DC shit talk is all just tears in the rain.

Great week.

Wolverine and the X-Men #1 preview

6tdMTC8.jpg

Future Evan and Phoenix'd Quentin...whoah

Mafro

Pre-ordered theeee Remender X-force omnibus aaaaand the Aaron Wolverine & the x-men omnibus. Reckon those guys should show me a good time when they release.

Guess I never thought about it before, we got any other scottish comics-gaf peeps in the house?
We do indeed.

Does Hickman's Avengers pick up any threads from his FF run? I've got the Infinity HC coming along with the first several volumes of Avengers and New Avengers but I haven't finished his FF run just yet.

Does Hickman's Avengers pick up any threads from his FF run? I've got the Infinity HC coming along with the first several volumes of Avengers and New Avengers but I haven't finished his FF run just yet.

Avengers bounces off the AIM stuff
Avengers World (inexplicably) seems to bounce of Secret Warriors

Mudcrab

Not too much but,

Mister Franklin appears in briefly in Avengers.

Reed's Bridge comes back into play in a manner of speaking in New Avengers

Action Comics #28

Greg Pak is slowly but surely convincing me to join #TeamLana.

I'd love to see them explore them more, perhaps in the upcoming Secret Origins series.

Also,
you smell like a mated pair
got a lol out of me.

Wiseblade

I assumed that the whole point of Inhumanity was to give Marvel an easy origin story that didn't tie a character to an X-Book.

Dammit. I ordered Superior Spider-Man TBPs 1-3 last week, and #4 a couple days ago. Somehow the first shipment with 1-3 got delayed so much that it hasn't delivered yet, and #4 just delivered.

I wanna read them. Stupid UPS.

:<

Toa TAK

Banned
I assumed that the whole point of Inhumanity was to give Marvel an easy origin story that didn't tie a character to an X-Book.
I'm lost here. What are Inhumans and Inhumanity?
Dammit. I ordered Superior Spider-Man TBPs 1-3 last week, and #4 a couple days ago. Somehow the first shipment with 1-3 got delayed so much that it hasn't delivered yet, and #4 just delivered.

I wanna read them. Stupid UPS.

:<
I'd die if I were you.

Avengers bounces off the AIM stuff
Avengers World (inexplicably) seems to bounce of Secret Warriors

I've already read Secret Warriors so no worries there.

Not too much but,

Mister Franklin appears in briefly in Avengers.

Reed's Bridge comes back into play in a manner of speaking in New Avengers

Neither sounds major so I should be able to move right into Avengers. Thanks.

arkon

Have ordered the following:

Unknown Soldier volume 1 (only £5.49 on bookdepository!!!)
Legion Lost hardcover
Revolver
Superspy

Also threw in Al Ewing's novel, The Fictional Man, based on how much I liked that first issue of Loki. Enjoyed the humour throughout and the twist at the end has me intrigued enough to want to carry on. Got the lovely Mike Del Mundo variant cover too. I'm almost tempted to try out Mighty Avengers off the back of that as well.

Merguson

Banned
Just popping in to ask a question. The DC Comics and comiXology android app should be literally the same for comic viewing right? Same developer.

Wiseblade

I'm lost here. What are Inhumans and Inhumanity?
The only Inhumanity thing I've read is the Uncanny X-Men tie in, but it involves a bunch of humans spontaneously gaining superpowers.

All my Inhuman knowledge comes from the 90s Fantastic Four cartoon and the start of world war Hulk. IIRC, they're a race of super-humanoids who at some pojnt lived on the moon. They're let by a guy who shouts really loud. Like, really.

Just popping in to ask a question. The DC Comics and comiXology android app should be literally the same for comic viewing right? Same developer.

I don't know if DC's ever got updated for Fixed Width, which is essential for any digital comic reading. Marvel and Comixology have it.

But this is on iOS.

That said, Comixology lets you read DC stuff on it.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I don't know much about Jason Latour. Is he a solid writer and should I have Wolverine and the X-men on my pull? I loved Aaron's run but then dropped it due to crossover hell, but I'm willing to give the series another shot because it was pure greatness at the beginning.

Splatt

I don't know much about Jason Latour. Is he a solid writer and should I have Wolverine and the X-men on my pull? I loved Aaron's run but then dropped it due to crossover hell, but I'm willing to give the series another shot because it was pure greatness at the beginning.

His shortlived run on Winter Soldier was amazing.

Also read Max Landis and Jocks Adventures of Superman issues 40 and 41 on Comixology and it was a really cool Joker and Superman story. If you are a fan of either character and have a measly 2 bucks, it comes highly recommended.

arkon

Thought Ms. Marvel and Loki were both good. Liked Loki a bit more. I hope She-Hulk can carry on that trend. 2 for 2 with the new Marvel series I'm trying. I might even give WatXm another shot with the relaunch. Gotta try some Latour stuff first

MartyStu

"What the FUCK is this shit.": Literally what I said after turning the last page of Wolverine #1

Who thought this was a good idea? Why? HOW?

Dysun

What should I pick out of my backlog first, Infinity+Hickman Avenger's books or X-Men Battle of the Atom + Bendis/Wood books?

I've heard mixed things about both

Owzers

What should I pick out of my backlog first, Infinity+Hickman Avenger's books or X-Men Battle of the Atom + Bendis/Wood books?

I've heard mixed things about both

Hmmmmmm well, if you read BotA first it will make you think better of Infinity, so do that. It also might make you want to stop reading comics though....

ReiGun

Also read Max Landis and Jocks Adventures of Superman issues 40 and 41 on Comixology and it was a really cool Joker and Superman story. If you are a fan of either character and have a measly 2 bucks, it comes highly recommended.

Just read these and really liked them. We don't get enough of Superman and the Joker interacting. Loved Jock's take on both characters, and got a kick out of
the Joker's appearance changing to different renditions while he explains he doesn't have a set gimmick.

It was funny to see someone other than us, the readers, to laugh at the Jokers "jokes."

Flying to Space to just chuckle at the Hot Topic line.

KidDork

I was think about how DC needs to get some one to do a DnA style run for the New Gods.

I was under the impression DC pissed of DnA? Their Legion Lost was superb, their work on Marvel Cosmic was great, it seems like New Gods would be perfect for them.

I'm so far behind I'm just starting to read the Infinity arc in Avengers.

Owzers

I don't know if it's intentional but Slott writes the Avengers in Superior Spidey like they are the dullest people in existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom