• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

multivac

Counted up my monthly pulls last night and it was at 49! It seems like only yesterday I said, "I'll limit myself to ten pulls per month." The Dynamite sale on Comixology added like 6 new titles to it yesterday :(

I finally got around to finishing the Age of Ulton comic series. It was disappointing.

At this point I think the only thing I've enjoyed has been the Thor: God of Thunder - God Bomb arc. The issues after that: less so, but I think it is my "go to" series.

I've also been making my way through Avengers Arena and HOLY FUCK THIS IS AWESOME! I'm 1/2 way through the third TPB and it has been such an interesting read, especially because I have little exposure to these characters but I love them so much already. The biggest thing I'm bummed about though is the Runaways cast involvement since I haven't read that series yet and a bunch of stuff has been spoiled already.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Less than a month to Avengers Undercover!

Personally I would find a cheaper way to spend 20 hours :p some of the series you've been recommended would cost you $100 to catch up on!

I say read a word-book. Maybe about comics. Ten Cent Plague or Supergods.

I just bought The Ten-Cent Plague, it looks really good. I love these sorts of books about comics, can definitely reccommened Supergods and Marvel Comics: The Untold Story.

Cover for issue one of the Slott spider-man mini series.

I'm still a sucker for Alex Ross art. It's a little played out, but damn if it isn't awesome.

speaking of jimmy palmiotti

powergirl collection came out this week. its better than harley pick it up ,people!

I can't wait to pick this up.

Comics Alliance's Best Art Ever (This Week) is all love themed this week. It's fantastic as usual.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
All this omnibi talk just coincided with an unexpected financial windfall. So which omnibus should I get? Geoff Johns Titans or Flash? Only read the very tail ends of those runs and will start at beginning.

Larry Hama is a god.

All this omnibi talk just coincided with an unexpected financial windfall. So which omnibus should I get? Geoff Johns Titans or Flash? Only read the very tail ends of those runs and will start at beginning.

Larry Hama is a god.

Never read his Teen Titans, but the first half of his Flash run with Scott Kolins is good superhero stuff

Larry Hama is a god.

His flash is aweomse. his titan run was the last time the bo0k was good

Owzers

Avengers Arena #13 got put up on MU so i stopped playing...."playing" Kingdom Conquest 2 long enough to read it.

That was definitely not an interesting issue since it just kept redoing the same thing of "hey those people left but they're okay" over and over for an issue.

Lazarus is more interesting now that we're seeing different parts of the world and meeting waste characters. Two issues in to the second arc and I can dig it.

Vibranium

Banned
So I was super impressed with WS: The Bitterest March #1 as I had known for months that Bucky would be a more shadowy figure. As a Ran Shen and Real Fury story, it's awesome and has a great vibe. I'm going to go as far as to say it was better than the last few Cap issues, Remender seems like he's having a lot of fun writing Shen in this mini. Bucky effortlessly abducting the scientists was great, I hope to see a cool confrontation between him and the agents. Also, their SHIELD uniforms don't have the goofy white which should have been eradicated a long time ago. This story is precisely why Nick shouldn't be the Watcher and Junior should be killed off, while Senior joins Secret Avengers again, doniewhalberg ;)

Still, it does seem like a pointless effort to tie into the Cap movie when Bucky isn't featured as the main character in the spotlight. I don't get Alonso's approach to intertwining the movies with comics, it's not going to draw in new readers if he does something like this. Kids will wonder "where's that cool guy with the metal arm, I want more of him!!???"

I did like how Bucky just shockingly drops into the narrative/the heroes from the top of the page out of nowhere, like "Oh right, its called Winter Soldier: The Bitter March"

Vibranium

Banned
I did like how Bucky just shockingly drops into the narrative/the heroes from the top of the page out of nowhere, like "Oh right, its called Winter Soldier: The Bitter March"

Yep, you can tell Remender was feeling the heat to include him despite having the plans for Ran and Nick primarily. Thankfully he let readers know in advance, so I appreciate that while I wait eons for my WS solo.

Axel Alonso has a very odd way of conducting business, he's like a slightly better Iwata as I've said before. He has brought great new risky titles and excellent creative teams, but cannot for the life of him come up with better ways to market comic books or adjust prices. I hope he gets replaced in the next few years by new blood (not Brevoort please...)

Speaking of Harley (and who isn't, these days?)

New DCC figures!

Pajama Party Harley Quinn
Infinite-Crisis-Pajama-Wearing-Harley-Quinn-Figure-DC-Collectibles-Toy-Fair-2014-noscale.jpg

Atomic Poison Ivy (Wut?)

Zatanna Bombshell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom