• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

List O' List! Harley week!

LOVE IS IN THE AIR :D

DEC130269.jpg

Batwoman #28
Wonder Woman #28
Harley Quinn #3 *GAFs HEROIC DARLING, POTENTIAL BOOK OF THE MONTH ,DON'T SLEEP ON IT. CHESKA PLS*
Amazing X-Men #4 I think I'm dropping this
X-Men #11
Punisher #2

Trades:
FBP Vol 1
Zero Vol 1
Power Girl : Power Trip

dan2026

Harley Quinn #3 (I would a Harley)
Justice League #28
Wonder Woman #28 (Would also a Wonder Woman)
Uncanny X-Men #17
Amazing X-Men #4

Not that many books this week. Maybe I missed something?

Owzers

Fatale #19 was great and is making me rethink dropping the book even though i really don't like what Brubaker is doing with the lead character's "mysteriousness"

Listy List List I love Lists

Animal Man #28
Batman And Two-Face #28
Batwoman #28
Birds Of Prey #28 (I think this is a Gothopia tie in so it's a maybe)
Green Lantern New Guardians #28
Harley Quinn #3
Justice League #28
Supergirl #28
Trinity Of Sin Pandora #8
Wonder Woman #28

Well, Nick Lowe is leaving the X-Books to take Wacker's old job, and Mike Marts is taking over Nick's responsibilities on the X-Books in his new position with Marvel. So I guess it all depends on whether or not you feel Nick has been doing a good job?

I feel like the x-books are in perpetual cross overs. Maybe it's just me but I feel like WatXM (my favorite current x-book) was sabotaged by constant crossovers.

arkon

Adventure Time #25
Daredevil #36
Midas Flesh #3

Really light week. Might check out Undertow, but it looks like it's a miniseries so maybe one to trade-wait.

Definitely need to clear the backlog sometime soon. This week will be as good a time as any.

One of the futures teased at the end of Green Lantern #20 is coming true. Forever Evil and Justice League spoilers!

-List!-

ANIMAL MAN #28
HARLEY QUINN #3
JUSTICE LEAGUE #28
TRINITY OF SIN PANDORA #8

These two won't come til next week, but whatever, including them anyway

GREEN LANTERN WRATH OF THE FIRST LANTERN HC
MARTIAN MANHUNTER SON OF MARS TP
I'm really looking forward fpr the post-FE JL. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the start of Johns run, Throne of Atlantis, Trinity War and Forever Evil give me hope for what comes next.
He's also proven to be capable of writing some of the best Luthor, Captain Cold and Shazam in the past, which makes me even more excited.

Listerine

Amazing X-Men #4
Avengers World #3 (Shang-Chi spotlight issue!)
Captain America #17
Marvel Knights Hulk #3
Punisher #2
Uncanny X-Men #17

The "maybe" of the week is New Warriors #1, it's from the Red Robin team so I kind of want to check it out.

Just catching up on some reading; Been out for the count the last few days to a brutal flu. I have to say, Rogues Rebellion was so good this week. Weather Wizard, amirite? That whole scene was just amazing.

Bii

Interested in reasons for dropping these (genuinely just wondering). Also are you a fan of the writers before these books or were you just trying them on a whim?

I've just been trying to trim down my pull list; keeping ones that I've already heavily invested in and/or keeping the ones that I consider can't-miss, and also keeping my budget to allow trying some of Marvel's new series/renumbering that are releasing between now and the next few months.

I'll probably pick up the trades to Amazing X-Men and Avengers World when they're out.

Saw this and thought of Korupt, figured you;d be pelased to see your awesome atatue is getting bigged up: Click

Thanks man. Yeah, it my favorite piece so far. I really love my figures and statues just as much as my reading material. I always go over and look at it and just stare at them and enjoy having them.

List!

Dark Horse Presents #33
Supergirl #28 (DC. Pretty stoked for this. Hopefully it doesn't stink)
A Voice in the Dark #4 (Image)
Undertow #1 (Image)

There's some nifty new merch, as usual.
There are a bunch of these raaaaad hoodies coming out. There's a Scarlet Spider one, Loki, Magneto, a nice brown Wolverine one, and others.

And how great is this, huh?

Messi

List!

Dark Horse Presents #33
Undertow #1 (Image)

There are a bunch of these raaaaad hoodies coming out. There's a Scarlet Spider one, Loki, Magneto, a nice brown Wolverine one, and others.

That tshirt is fantastic, when can I buy one? DAMIEN :(

Thanks man. Yeah, it my favorite piece so far. I really love my figures and statues just as much as my reading material. I always go over and look at it and just stare at them and enjoy having them.

That's awesome, I wish I had the willpower to put my money into a collection like that. I always just end up putting it into more books haha. The only collectible thing I have is my court of owls mask and that's because it was a gift. Maybe I should start asking for a statue each year at christmas or something. That Deathstroke one is something else though, really cool.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
List!

Dark Horse Presents #33
Undertow #1 (Image)

i gotta grt that shirt. Aside from that powder blue color, it's so damn awesome. Hopefully some online shops sell it...

Question for those reading Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye. Do I have to have a knowledge of the other IDW series, or is it stand alone?

What order should I be reading Morrisons Batman books?

1. Batman: Arkham Asylum
2. Batman: Gothic
3. Batman and Son
4. Batman: The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul
5. Batman: The Black Glove
6. Batman R.I.P.
7. Final Crisis
8. Batman and Robin, Vol. 1: Batman Reborn
9. Batman and Robin, Vol. 2: Batman vs. Robin
10. Batman: Time and the Batman
11. Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne
12. Batman and Robin, Vol. 3: Batman and Robin Must Die
13. Batman Incorporated, Vol. 1
14. Batman Incorporated, Vol. 1: Demon Star (The New 52)
15. Batman Incorporated, Vol. 2: Gotham's Most Wanted (The New 52)

Messi

1. Batman: Arkham Asylum
2. Batman: Gothic
3. Batman and Son
4. Batman: The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul
5. Batman: The Black Glove
6. Batman R.I.P.
7. Final Crisis
8. Batman and Robin, Vol. 1: Batman Reborn
9. Batman and Robin, Vol. 2: Batman vs. Robin
10. Batman: Time and the Batman
11. Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne
12. Batman & Robin, Vol. 3: Batman & Robin Must Die
13. Batman Incorporated, Vol. 1
14. Batman Incorporated, Vol. 1: Demon Star (The New 52)
15. Batman Incorporated Vol. 2: Gotham's Most Wanted (The New 52)

tumblr_m4g16ntGu91qbuypqo4_250.gif

I didn't realise it was so much, is this a trip worth taking?

Unai

I'm taking a good look at my credid card bill and realising that comic books are way to expensive if you read a lot. I'm spending more than $200 a month. This include some books I'm caughting on, though.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Well, I finished reading the X-Statix omnibus. What a fantastic read. If anyone hasn't checked it out yet, I'd highly recommend it. All around a brilliant comic.
Also, that Dead Girl miniseries at the end of the omnibus featuring Doctor Strange was so good. That was my first time reading something with Doctor Strange in it and at least the way Milligan wrote him, he was a great character.
Any other Doctor Strange appearances that are worth reading?

I also read the first four issues of Brian Wood's Local and I'm really liking that so far. It's pretty much a collection of "slice of life" short stories in comic book form, and it's great.
Also, the hardcover is such a quality physical item. I only paid $10 shipped for it and I knew nothing about it, but then it arrived and I saw that it was an oversized hardcover, sewn binding, partially fabric cover/spine, and massively thick pages that make this 400 page book almost 2/3rds the thickness of my 1200 page X-Statix omnibus.
I had no idea that Oni's hardcovers were so fancy. Obviously it's the content that matters, but there's something about a super high quality hardcover that makes me really happy.
Anyways, thanks to whoever it was here that recommended that to me!

I'm taking a good look at my credid card bill and realising that comic books are way to expensive if you read a lot. I'm spending more than $200 a month. This include some books I'm caughting on, though.

I consider myself to buy a lot of books, and I'm only spending around half of that on a monthly basis. How many books are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom