• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMX2013007-cover-col-b2db8.jpg

AMAZING X-MEN #7
KATHRYN IMMONEN (W) • PACO MEDINA (A)
Cover by KRIS ANKA
• Guest-starring THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN!
• Iceman, Firestar and Spider-Man renew their amazing friendship to save New York City.
• Guest-Issue by Kathryn Immonen (AVENGERS ANNUAL) and Paco Medina (X-MEN, NOVA)!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(Also, not complete solicits; just the X-Books)

Aaron of amazing for the month??

AMAZING X-MEN #7
Cover by KRIS ANKA
• Iceman, Firestar and Spider-Man renew their amazing friendship to save New York City.
• Guest-Issue by Kathryn Immonen (AVENGERS ANNUAL) and Paco Medina (X-MEN, NOVA)!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Also Gail Simone on savage wolverine !

I'm so addicted to spending every last penny I have on comics. I just picked up X-Files Conspiracies #1 and #2.

Um.

I really really liked it.

I'm a huge X-files fan so revisiting these characters is cool. Also the Ghostbusters crossover was sweet. TMNT next.

Did anyone else read these?

Toa TAK

Banned
Ultimate Peter Parker >>> Miguel O'Hara >> Ben Reiley > Otto Octavious >>> Kane >616 Peter >> Miles Morales

I'd pay good money for a Spider book that has all of them
I'd go as far to say that Ultimate Peter Parker is the exactly what they say when Marvel or the films sell the character. The typical teen anyone can relate to, Ultimate is exactly that.
I really like Miles Morales :(
Me, too. Is he not liked here? I like him so far. Kid has balls.
I still can't get over Dick Rider not being in the GotG flick.

I want to know who's responsible for giving this character that name.

It's hilarious.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I loved everything about the Spiderman and His Amazing Friends cartoon, but nowadays I am really annoyed by Iceman. And I have no idea why. Whats the definitive take on Iceman? Does such a thing exist.

AMAZING X-MEN #7
Cover by KRIS ANKA

Oh shit yes.

Is Immonen not writing an ongoing these days?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Why is Grifter a thing? His fucking cloth mask just viscerally pisses me off. His large presence on the Futures End #1 cover is a turnoff.

Raises hand as world's only Grifter fan.

Did anybody get a copy of Turok #1? My hand is hovering over the buy button on Comixology.

KidDork

So I spent most of the weekend catching up on all the Valiant books I've gotten in sales over the past year or so and, can I just tell you guys? These books are phenomenal. The art sometimes can't keep up, but overall it's such a tightly constructed and compelling universe.

Complete agreement. I've been picking up the Unity storyline as well as Harbinger, and I echo your thoughts. These are some really well done, well thought out comics. They deserve a wider audience. Being an old man, Valiant reminds me of Marvel back in the Seventies, when old Iron Fist Jim Shooter was at the editorial reins. There was a consistency to the line then that reminds me of Valiant today.

tim1138

Getting my big order from InStockTrades today:))))

BATMAN YEAR ONE
BATMAN DETECTIVE COMICS -VOL 1
CHEW -VOL 7
DRAGON BALL 3IN1 -VOL 1
EARTH 2 -VOL 1
PUNK ROCK JESUS
SPAWN ORIGINS -VOL 1
STRANGE ATTRACTORS
UNKNOWN SOLDIER

...... what to read first!?

Punk Rock Jesus or Unknown Soldier.

AMAZING X-MEN #7
Cover by KRIS ANKA
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Having... Ultimate Spider-Man... flashbacks...

Here comes the tears... T-T

Ultimate Peter Parker >>> Miguel O'Hara >> Ben Reiley > Otto Octavious >>> Kane >616 Peter >> Miles Morales

I'd pay good money for a Spider book that has all of them

Ultimate Peter > Miles Morales > Ben Reilly > Kane > Peter 616 > Otto > Miguel O'Hara

Huh. Until I did this, I didn't realize how much I enjoyed Pete's clones over Peter.

Absolutely love Miles' book though. No need for Peter to return.

Messi

Might be my favorite bat book. It's still going strong. Though Snyder's batman is fantastic. Zero Year has been great.

Toa TAK

Banned
I also love Miles-Man. He is the best Spider-Man
Interesting. Genuinely curious as to why you think so? He's good no doubt, but I feel like I'm going to need more from him before I make a full-on judgement, if that makes any sense.
Octavius was never really a Spider. Part of Superior I think is showing how he's just a poser.
A SUPERIOR poser.
Having... Ultimate Spider-Man... flashbacks...

Here comes the tears... T-T

You mean with
The Blob?
Yeah, that was surprisingly touching.

Owzers

Hmmmmmmmm i've never been caught up with all my Marvel books before, still working on DC, but now i can read other random stuff like:

Lazarus #1: This issue felt short, mainly because it was rather interesting but told quickly. Loved Lark's art and the premise, i'm glad i pre-ordered the rest of the issues, though there's always trades for you guys/girls/doops.

tm24

So i got my bro a Marvel Unlimited sub for his bday yesterday. Logged on to tag some books for him to read. During this i stumbled upon Old Man Logan. Holy shit that arc has some of the stupidest leaps of character work ever. The entire arc of the series relies on a plot twist so insanely stupid that it just boggles any mind. Somehow we're supposed to buy that Mysterio taunts Wolverine with the idea that he could take out 30 villians by himself and just brush off the fact that somehow he took out every heavy hitting Xmen by himself? Seriously. Fuck off Mark Millar.

So i got my bro a Marvel Unlimited sub for his bday yesterday. Logged on to tag some books for him to read. During this i stumbled upon Old Man Logan. Holy shit that arc has some of the stupidest leaps of character work ever. The entire arc of the series relies on a plot twist so insanely stupid that it just boggles any mind. Somehow we're supposed to buy that Mysterio taunts Wolverine with the idea that he could take out 30 villians by himself and just brush off the fact that somehow he took out every heavy hitting Xmen by himself? Seriously. Fuck off Mark Millar.

Is Marvel Unlimited still clunky as hell?

tm24

Is Marvel Unlimited still clunky as hell?

It feels like an early smartphone app. Usable, but you want to tear your hair out because you know it could be so much better or because you know comixology exists. After a while i got used to its quirks, but still a pain. I was able to read a bunch of issues with little problems. Only crashed once in 4 hours of use

From May solicits:

I had a feeling Jean Grey would
get her phoenix powers
during trial of jean grey

I also hope the returning character in Amazing Spider-Man #2 is finally
Ben Reiley

I loved everything about the Spiderman and His Amazing Friends cartoon, but nowadays I am really annoyed by Iceman. And I have no idea why. Whats the definitive take on Iceman? Does such a thing exist.

If you asked most people, they would probably say that the definitive take on Iceman is that of a goofy, wisecracking annoyance. One of the reasons that All-New X-Men is not for me is because of the way Iceman is written. It's a character I like a lot and I don't enjoy to see him written like a guy at a kegger cracking jokes that make everyone's eyes roll.

When I was a kid, I picked up the 1984 DeMatteis Iceman mini and loved it. Years later I found the Abnett and Lanning Marvel Icons Iceman mini, which is also quite good. So it wasn't until recently that I realized, to many X-Men fans, Iceman is considered a bit of joke. I'm a bit curious to see what the original take on him was and whether he was as much of a caricature then as he is today.

Might be my favorite bat book. It's still going strong. Though Snyder's batman is fantastic. Zero Year has been great.

It's been good, but I'm getting a bit tired of the prequel thing. I think I'm gonna bail for the time being and pick it up in trade. I'll hop back on the series when they're into a new story arc. Batman Eternal is tempting, though. Harper Row and Stephanie Brown. It's like DC is just throwing in everything fans want so they'll pay $3/wk. It's working.

Also, Messi... do you change your avatar every other day?

So I spent most of the weekend catching up on all the Valiant books I've gotten in sales over the past year or so and, can I just tell you guys? These books are phenomenal. The art sometimes can't keep up, but overall it's such a tightly constructed and compelling universe. Shadowman is probably the weak link, but it's completely self-contained and even at its worst is simply "good" not "great". But all the other series are just fantastically well-done. I'm halfway through Harbinger Wars and am just really blown away.

To illustrate how well prioritized the Universe is, in the same month that half of an entire crossover has been devoted to a few people walking through Nevada, X-O Manowar has travelled to another planet and incited a revolution in a single issue. It's all about character instead of complication.

Can't recommend these books enough, every single one of them.

I'm with you. I couldn't stand 90s valiant but this reboot has been amazing. It's the most consistent hero line going. Have you read archer and Armstrong yet? It's essentially the spiratural sequel to incredible herc and it's my favorite Valiant book going. Harbinger, x-o manowar, eternal warrior, and the recent change of shadowman has given it new life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom