• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I wanna try Guardians of the Galaxy. Where do I start?

Better clear your schedule:

3267361-cosmismarvel.jpg

that stuff isn't all collected, is it? I'd think that it would be collected in a coherent manner at least considering the big push they're getting in other media

Not going to do all that. Where is a good jumping on point?

Well I'm still in the middle of Annhiliation but if you just want Guardians of the Galaxy I guess Annhilation Conquest or the 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy series. Or you can skip all that and just go straight to the "rebooted" Marvel NOW series:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785168281/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That's the first trade. Just started a few months ago. It's a fresh start with a new storyline.

I posted this in the gotg thread. Everything you'll need :p

I'm so glad I picked these up in 2011 before they became rare. I'll probably pick up the hardcover...cuz it's a hardcover.

Everything in the top row will be made into a hardcover in May
5enPmjy.jpg

You'll have to find a reading list (there's one on comicvine) because everything is in issue order not chronological order
kuMfnDe.jpg

The story wraps up in Thanos Imperative, but there is Annihilators by Abnett/Lanning which has Adventures with rocket & groot :D
P1604ZA.jpg

MG310

I need to pick up that Annihilation Hardcover - I've had the Conquest ones for years as my old LCS was selling the set for 8 a piece a few months after they came out.

Also - might as well throw X-Men: Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire at the start of War of Kings on that chart.

Well I'm still in the middle of Annhiliation but if you just want Guardians of the Galaxy I guess Annhilation Conquest or the 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy series. Or you can skip all that and just go straight to the "rebooted" Marvel NOW series:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785168281/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That's the first trade. Just started a few months ago. It's a fresh start with a new storyline.
Except for the art, it's bad. Don't do it. Wait for the re-release in August and start with Abnett's run.

Messi

It's been good, but I'm getting a bit tired of the prequel thing. I think I'm gonna bail for the time being and pick it up in trade. I'll hop back on the series when they're into a new story arc. Batman Eternal is tempting, though. Harper Row and Stephanie Brown. It's like DC is just throwing in everything fans want so they'll pay $3/wk. It's working.

Also, Messi... do you change your avatar every other day?

I have 3 of these. Catwoman, Batgirl and Harley. I am easily swayed to new avatars. But I tend to go back to old ones regularly. Like the sunstone one.

diaspora

A SUPERIOR poser.

Eh, just worse all-round. His handling of Massacre was amateur hour buying
a mercenary army that just got bought out by an enemy
, tried to control enemies that ended up almost killing him, being to weak to fight off venom... It's almost embarrassing to read.

Getting:

Amazing X-Men #4
Uncanny X-Men #17
X-Men #11
New Warriors #1

I'm very worried about New Warriors since it's being written by that talentless hack Chris Yost. But of course they only released 2 lettered pages for the preview so I can't really tell yet.

Heh, my wife bought some book the other day knowing nothing about it. It was NYX Wannabe and she really liked it. Now she is a fan of the character X-23 and would like to know some essential reading and if she is in any current ongoings.

I'm seeing this Alex + Ada Chobits book on some lists... But every time I ask about it no one has read it??? And I look at a preview and the art is like amateur deviant art bad. Please tell me what is going on. Is this a robot conspiracy?

Heh, my wife bought some book the other day knowing nothing about it. It was NYX Wannabe and she really liked it. Now she is a fan of the character X-23 and would like to know some essential reading and if she is in any current ongoings.

She was in the Avengers Arena book and has moved over to All-New X-men as of volume 4 I believe man. Had an ongoing and appeared in Kyle & Yost's X-Force I think. Probably a bunch of other stuff but those I know of.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
No, I mean of ALL of that Cosmic Marvel stuff. I haven't really looked lately, tbf. I looked months back but it was mostly all out of print

There's an Annihilation omnibus coming out in May: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785188894/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Hopefully they release all five of the Marvel cosmic events in oversized hardcover collections. I haven't read any of it, but I'm intrigued. And I like my OHCs.

Store got no Power Girl. This day is a disaster.

I know dat feel. Going to try the Book Depository. I did buy some physical comics today.

Got:
Avengers Academy: AvX
Avengers Academy: Final Exams (have the complete run of this now)
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis HC
Saga Volume Two (I guess I'm going to be collecting this now)

Also found a brand new copy of Mike Carey's new novel in an Oxfam for €7. I bought SpOck and Black Cat figures from Marvel Legends as well. Expensive day.

Messi

Bg2cV_3CMAEObGg.jpg

Let's give Zero another try.

Yeah man. I got it and FBP. Rafa Pls.

I know dat feel. Going to try the Book Depository. I did buy some physical comics today.

Got:
Avengers Academy: AvX
Avengers Academy: Final Exams (have the complete run of this now)
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis HC
Saga Volume Two (I guess I'm going to be collecting this now)

Also found a brand new copy of Mike Carey's new novel in an Oxfam for €7. I bought SpOck and Black Cat figures from Marvel Legends as well. Expensive day.

I just used book depository to buy it :p

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I can't wait for y'all to get through Zero. The more Zero and FBP discussion we get round these parts, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom