• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yost carries the wonderful Kaine into New Warriors #1.

5E33wbZ.png

Love me some Kaine.

Owzers

two Avengers original sin tie-in issues....one oversized? I don't like this, i don't want to drop Avengers for the time being but i'm predicting Original Sin to be bad, and starting off with a 0 issue and then double shipping along with tie-ins is a money trap.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I can't wait for y'all to get through Zero. The more Zero and FBP discussion we get round these parts, the better.

I really want to read these, but I'm holding out for oversized hardcovers. Especially for Zero.
But man is it tempting to get the $5 trades.

I like that they listed Severed first on Snyder's credentials. That was a great book and I feel like no one talks about it.

It's a horror book, right?

ElNarez

Banned
So, at some point we're going to have a conversation about the final pages of Batman and Two-Face #28, right? Because that thing that happened sure did, right?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
So, at some point we're going to have a conversation about the final pages of Batman and Two-Face #28, right? Because that thing that happened sure did, right?
First book im reading when I get home. Storyline has been brutal so far.

Owzers

Lazarus through issue #4: It's been fun reading through the issues, Lark lark lark, the world feels a little too empty though and that emptiness seeps over into my overall feeling about the book.

Owzers

Mine has been chilling an hour away from me for four days and the stated delivery date is going backwards in time... I'm assuming this means its lost. :(

what state? If you've been effected by the storms recently, Media Mail packages get lowest priority for delivery, it's possible it will still come. Monday was a federal holiday too, and no mail sunday.

You also might be doomed and the postal service is reading your comics ( like i assume they do wtih mine whenever a package is late)

Quake1028

Thanks Messi. I think I have made the hard decision to move all of my Image stuff to trades. They are just so damn timely with them but I feel bad because I should support them in monthlies but I can't with all of the Marvel and DC stuff I want to read, and those two suck at trades. Gah.

what state? If you've been effected by the storms recently, Media Mail packages get lowest priority for delivery, it's possible it will still come. Monday was a federal holiday too, and no mail sunday.

You also might be doomed and the postal service is reading your comics ( like i assume they do wtih mine whenever a package is late)

Edge of NJ and I kind of doubt it since another package I have ordered is moving normally but we'll see. There was only no mail for 1 of those 4 days. The delivery date was going forward and then went backwards one day at a time so the estimated delivery is last Thursday but still lists as in transit... Delivery date moving backwards is what made me think its a lost cause. USPS says theres no customer support for this package when I call too. They suck so bad.

two Avengers original sin tie-in issues....one oversized? I don't like this, i don't want to drop Avengers for the time being but i'm predicting Original Sin to be bad, and starting off with a 0 issue and then double shipping along with tie-ins is a money trap.

Say whaaaat. I'm super excited for this haha. C'mon, Jason Aaron doing a Sternako inspired murder mystery across the cosmos. He already proved he can do marvel cosmic proud with his Thor mega arc, this is the next step. Nick Fury snr. coming back too. Still think there are Nick Fury/Watch similarities that can't be ignored here haha.

These covers too:

Say whaaaat. I'm super excited for this haha. C'mon, Jason Aaron doing a Sternako inspired murder mystery across the cosmos. He already proved he can do marvel cosmic proud with his Thor mega arc, this is the next step. Nick Fury snr. coming back too. Still think there are Nick Fury/Watch similarities that can't be ignored here haha.

These covers too:

THOSE COVERS THO

daaaaaamn i luv u marvie

Owzers

These covers too:

I think i have irregular levels of hate for the Watcher, i cant' stand the character, every time he shows up in a book my first thought is " oh the watcher! this is important!" because that's all the watcher is, a note from the writer or editor of important thingssssssss. That and the last Marvel events have been Age of Ultron and Avengers vs X-Men...eesh.

Those covers do look neat though, and my issues will PROBABLY sell on ebay for some amount if i buy all the Original Sin main series. It's tempting, but as quality goes i assume both Batman Eternal and Future's End will be better and that bar is already low. The only Marvel book i am regretting not ordering so far is Kot's Secret Avengers. Still tempted to order Inhuman too...

I think i have irregular levels of hate for the Watcher, i cant' stand the character, ever time he shows up in a book my first thought it " oh the watcher! this is important!" because that's all the watcher is, a note from the writer or editor of important thingssssssss. That and the last Marvel events have been Age of Ultron and Avengers vs X-Men...eesh.

Those covers do look neat though, and my issues will PROBABLY sell on ebay for some amount if i buy all the Original Sin main series. It's tempting, but as quality goes i assume both Batman Eternal and Future's End will be better and that bar is already low. The only Marvel book i am regretting not ordering so far is Kot's Secret Avengers. Still tempted to order Inhuman too...

Just, before I go further, have you read Jason Aaron's God Butcher/Godbomb & what did you think of it? If you've read it and didn't like it, I think it'd be futile to say anything else, different strokes for different folks, but if you think Future's End or Batman Eternal will be higher quality than this without having read Thor, I can't wait to see you obliterated by this thing man. I have a really good feeling about Aaron exploring some similar ideas/concepts to what he was critically acclaimed for on Thor and mixing it in with a bit of weird espionage (for a lack of thinking of a better way to describe it haha).

Owzers

Just, before I go further, have you read Jason Aaron's God Butcher/Godbomb & what did you think of it? If you've read it and didn't like it, I think it'd be futile to say anything else, different strokes for different folks, but if you think Future's End or Batman Eternal will be higher quality than this without having read Thor, I can't wait to see you obliterated by this thing man. I have a really good feeling about Aaron exploring some similar ideas/concepts to what he was critically acclaimed for on Thor and mixing it in with a bit of weird espionage (for a lack of thinking of a better way to describe it haha).

I'm split on Aaron overall right now, i did really like God Bomb/God Butcher, and even his elfy arc was decently good. I hate Amazing X-Men and his WATXM was all over the place for me. The tie-ins sound like they are going to be doing their own thing based on leaked secrets, so i won't skip Avengers, and if i'm not skipping Avengers i might as well read Original Sin. Doesn't help that i don't like "detective stories/mysteries", reminds me of Identity Crisis.

I'm split on Aaron overall right now, i did really like God Bomb/God Butcher, and even his elfy arc was decently good. I hate Amazing X-Men and his WATXM was all over the place for me. The tie-ins sound like they are going to be doing their own thing based on leaked secrets, so i won't skip Avengers, and if i'm not skipping Avengers i might as well read Original Sin. Doesn't help that i don't like "detective stories/mysteries", reminds me of Identity Crisis.

After this week's issue reading this is like when Bloodshot got flooded with endorphins I'm all like "AHAHAHAHAHAHA WHY AM I LAUGHING"

Haha no awards for what the avengers tie-in secret will be about, regarding
Cap realising someone very close to him has tampered with his memories.
Uh oh haha.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just preordered the Annihilation Omnibus and Guardian of the Galaxy by Abennt 6 Lenning Complete Edition. Very excited to read some Cosmic Marvel :D

These covers too:

Hopefully, this will be the return of the original Nick Fury...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom