• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you Dark readers didn't notice, Mikel Janin is off of JLD in May but today he said on Twitter he is still with DC on a book to be announced soon.

Spiderman's is fucking hilarious. Oh wow. Wonder if it will be as big of a deal as Alpha was. Ha.

Hahaha such a troll. I wonder how Slott feels about that spoiler being posted now, 3 months ahead of OS and the launch of his new series. Guess that explains maybe why they're doing the year one story too.

Hopefully, this will be the return of the original Nick Fury...

He's the main character man, lots of OG Nicky boy to come.

Just preordered the Annihilation Omnibus and Guardian of the Galaxy by Abennt 6 Lenning Complete Edition. Very excited to read some Cosmic Marvel :D

After watching that Silver Surfer cartoon on Netflix, I look forward to getting into Cosmic Marvel, as well. I imagine there may be a Cosmic Marvel sale on Comixology in advance of the release of that omni in August.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
He's the main character man, lots of OG Nicky boy to come.

Ha, this is great. I just hate all these Characters who just exists, because Marvel made some successful movies.

Fury Jr. is not as awful as Comic Coulson, but nobody fucks with the original. He has really to return as Director of SHIELD.

I'm on my phone and have no idea what's really going on so grain of salt here, but if what I think is going on with Spider-Man retcons and Original Sin, then...

Did they ever show us 616 Miles Morales?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on my phone and have no idea what's really going on so grain of salt here, but if what I think is going on with Spider-Man retcons and Original Sin, then...

That's actually a great guess.

Avengers World was surprisingly good. I write "surprisingly" because an issue dedicated to a single one on one fight doesn't sound too hot on paper but it actually worked.
Shang Chi was awesome. :(

There's an Annihilation omnibus coming out in May: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785188894/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Hopefully they release all five of the Marvel cosmic events in oversized hardcover collections. I haven't read any of it, but I'm intrigued. And I like my OHCs.
They already did release all of them as OSHCs actually. This omni just replaces the 3 Annihilation OSHCs with a single volume.

They could do another omni for AC (which was 2 volumes) but the other 3 events were already one OSHC each.

Man,, Batman: Year One is great so far (read first 3 chapters) ,, I don't know why I was hesitant in getting it before, I guess the previews of the art just didn't thrill me??
But man such a good book so far, great story and perfect art to go with it. Love the narrations. Awesomeness

Read Earth 2 Vol. 1, that was nice as well, beautiful art.

And read maybe 1/4 of Punk Rock Jesus,, Sean Murphy is great. One of my favorite artist.

Is Zero still worth it if I'm not that big on spy thrillers? I'm tempted to jump on it for just 5 dollars, but at first glance it doesn't seem like my kind of thing.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
They already did release all of them as OSHCs actually. This omni just replaces the 3 Annihilation OSHCs with a single volume.

They could do another omni for AC (which was 2 volumes) but the other 3 events were already one OSHC each.

Unfortunately they're pretty much all OOP though. And it seems that the OHCs for War of Kings and Realm of Kings only contain a handful of the issues listed here: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/84998/3267361-cosmismarvel.jpg
Not sure how many of those listed are necessary to the story or high quality though.

Toa TAK

Banned

I want to know this, too.
Especially after reading Spider-Men.

Is Zero still worth it if I'm not that big on spy thrillers? I'm tempted to jump on it for just 5 dollars, but at first glance it doesn't seem like my kind of thing.

I dropped it after 5 issues. It's the best spy, espionage, thrilly/thinky/feely book I've read. No matter how great it is though, I'm just not interested in the topics and themes at play.

Still... 5 dollars? Damn, I can't believe the deals you Americans get. Cheap books, shipped well, flat rates. You could always buy it and then just gift it to someone more into the genre if you're not feeling it.

frye

It's not played totally played straight, so I'd say give it a shot for 5bux. I'm not completely sold on it to be honest (I liked issue 4 a lot tho) but it's interesting in spite of its missteps.

Kikarian

Man,, Batman: Year One is great so far (read first 3 chapters) ,, I don't know why I was hesitant in getting it before, I guess the previews of the art just didn't thrill me??
But man such a good book so far, great story and perfect art to go with it. Love the narrations. Awesomeness
I really enjoyed Year One. If you haven't already read them, Snyder's Batman is really good. I've read the first couple issues and I'm already hooked. So good.

Unfortunately they're pretty much all OOP though. And it seems that the OHCs for War of Kings and Realm of Kings only contain a handful of the issues listed here: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/84998/3267361-cosmismarvel.jpg
Not sure how many of those listed are necessary to the story or high quality though.
I remember having a terrible time tracking down the second Annihilation volume so I'm not too surprised. Great news this stuff will be available again.

As for missing material, I only read both Kings arcs through the hardcovers and didn't feel too lost, honestly. War is biggish IIRC.

I bought the complete Realm digitally during a comixology sale recently and I didn't see much more than what I read in the HC (some GotG issues maybe). That arc is a clusterfuck to navigate anyway though.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
- Slott trying to retroactively destroy classic/origin Spider-Man before he got his grubby hands on the character. Don't think he can beat Gwen's goddam kids, but hey, sounds like he's trying!

- Those Amazing X-Men feels. This entire book just feels like it was ripped out of a different era. A better era.

- New Warriors: "Bueno idiotas". Who are all these annoying children I have to tolerate just to enjoy more Kaine Parker.

Can you buy comics on Comixology on your iphone/ipad using Itunes money? Like, say a iTunes giftcard that you would use to buy apps, music, movies, etc. or is it their own storefront?

- Slott trying to retroactively destroy classic/origin Spider-Man before he got his grubby hands on the character. Don't think he can beat Gwen's goddam kids, but hey, sounds like he's trying!

- Those Amazing X-Men feels. This entire book just feels like it was ripped out of a different era. A better era.

- New Warriors: "Bueno idiotas". Who are all these annoying children I have to tolerate just to enjoy more Kaine Parker.

Is amazing x-men that good to start picking it up?

Can you buy comics on Comixology on your iphone/ipad using Itunes money? Like, say a iTunes giftcard that you would use to buy apps, music, movies, etc. or is it their own storefront?
Yeah, if you use comixology through an iphone/ipad it'll use itunes bux if you have em. I do that sometimes whenever i have an itunes card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom