• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All-New Ghost Driver preview art is GOOD, exactly what I expected from Tradd Moore. Also, if he ever needs a break just get the writer to do an issue.
F4pqEuR.jpg

tim1138

nooo stay awesome on JL Dark

He's done on JL Dark and is leaving the book next month after Blight wraps up. He is staying with DC though and hasn't announced what he's moving to.

BuddyJoeHooker said:
All-New Ghost Driver preview art is GOOD, exactly what I expected from Tradd Moore. Also, if he ever needs a break just get the writer to do an issue.

Tradd Moore's art is the only reason I'm even vaguely interested in that book.

KidDork

Hit the LCS today. Picked up Harley Quinn #3 because you guys say it's cool, and I trust you. Also picked up Amazing X-Men because of the feels you assure me I shall feel.

Also picked up King's Watch and New Warriors because I'm loyal to the Scarlet Spider the way Messi is to Catwoman.

Messi

Hit the LCS today. Picked up Harley Quinn #3 because you guys say it's cool, and I trust you. Also picked up Amazing X-Men because of the feels you assure me I shall feel.

Also picked up King's Watch and New Warriors because I'm loyal to the Scarlet Spider the way Messi is to Catwoman.

Oh goodness that is not a good way to be. Loyalty to characters will get you hurt in comics. My true loyalty lies with Harley Quinn, ask anyone here. I'd read a Nocenti led Harley book. Fuck. Try get a copy of issue 2 as it was fantastic and don't forget to think of harley come book of the month time :p.

Let Selina go Nocenti. :(

The Spider Woman in Miles-Man is pretty cool. I'd read a book about her.
glad she is in the new book

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I read the first Fraction IM omnibus last week. I wasn't very impressed either by "Five Nightmares" but, man, I loved the second arc "World's Most Wanted". So good that I immediately ordered the second omnibus within about a minute of finishing. From what I've read online "Worlds Most Wanted" seems to be on the of the most acclaimed arcs of the run. Haven't seen much love for "Five Nightmares" outside of talk about how accessible it is if you've just watched the first IM movie.

Ah nice. Glad to hear it. And to be fair, I hadn't read the epilogue yet with Spider-Man and Ben Urich. That was a really good issue.
But yeah, I'm really hoping I have the same experience as you (and I don't doubt I will) because those Iron Man hardcovers are pretty great value, and it'd be nice to have the set rather than just the one lonely hardcover. Haha

frye

In DD 500 Nocenti wrote a piece for David Aja called 3 Jacks and it's a genuinely thoughtful meditation on the character and violence and serialized comics all at once while still having all the punchy-kicky, lie-detecting, radar-sensing, continuity-nerd-pleasing stuff we expect a Daredevil comic to have and it does it all in 13 pages.

so basically what im saying is that the new 52 eats brains

Messi

In DD 500 Nocenti wrote a piece for David Aja called 3 Jacks and it's a genuinely thoughtful meditation on the character and violence and serialized comics all at once while still having all the punchy-kicky, lie-detecting, radar-sensing, continuity-nerd-pleasing stuff we expect a Daredevil comic to have and it does it all in 13 pages.

I refuse to believe she wrote anything close to a coherent comic book without someone else giving her a blueprint. But I will track down DD500 just to see this apparent unicorn.

tim1138

She had a decent run on DD back in the late 80s, early 90's.
But yeah, she's terrible now.

"3 Jacks" is a fantastic little DD story with David Aja doing his best David Mazzucchelli impression that mediates on the catholic guilt and endless violence of Matt Murdock's life, so IDK, maybe she's only good at Daredevil stories now.

OH NO! Comic readers hate change?

The look is fine, Johnny Blaze isn't dead, he'll be back eventually, try something new in the meantime.

Comic readers hate everything. Change, stagnation, fun, boredom. I just found it interesting because I figured that trendy indie
hipster
art was the current vogue. I've put myself on regard as saying anything Ghost Rider is pretty dumb, especially his appearance on the old Fantastic Four cartoon. DRIVE IN. PENANCE STARE. PEACE OUT. Oh Johnny Blaze, you such a rebel. ;)

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That Metal Men issue of Justice League is fucking great! I haven't picked up a JL in a while, but damn--quality stuff right there. They're a bit archetypal/cliche, but they were really fun, and that was a really tight issue in terms of pacing, plot, writing, and having a scene with Lead falling in love with
a soda machine

I approve of new Ghost Rider look and Tradd Moore drawing in, although I'm skeptical of the actual story itself.

And of course Ghost Rider is dumb, he's a flaming skeleton on a motorcycle which is also on fire. That's why Jason Aaaron's run on the character was so good, because he embraced the dumbness. It was like Michael Bay's version of Preacher, with demonic 18-wheelers and kung-fu fighting nuns(with nun-chucks of course) fighting back demon spawn.

Get crazy, this is COMICS! There's words and pictures in sequential order, you can do anything you want! That's the beauty of it.

Cth

That Ghost Hamster cover is awesome and needs a one shot!

Also, what about Greg Pak or Gabriel Hardman for WW?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I liked in order:

Mercury
Plat
Iron
Lead
Tin
Gold

Mercury is a real American hero, I'll give you that. I like Lead and Iron as a tag-team--just two big dudes messing shit up and occasionally scoring with a lucky
vending maching

Dude, yes. Johns really did a great job with that issue. Also, we need more Lead in our lives.

I haven't bought an issue of JL in so long. I flipped through this one in the store and almost bought it. Think I might swing by and get it this weekend. I love Metal Men. They really need their own series.

Currently Matt Kindt is doing Suicide Squad and JLA. When those are done, and with the stuff he has been doing with Unity, I could see him and Mikel Janin doing a good Wonder Woman.

Especially with how good his Stargirl is.

Filthy Slug

I haven't bought an issue of JL in so long. I flipped through this one in the store and almost bought it. Think I might swing by and get it this weekend. I love Metal Men. They really need their own series.

Give it a shot--it can be easily treated as a self-contained story and, again, it's just really fucking fun and well done.

Just finished Seekers of the weird #2 it's a fun little book. I'm not sure where they are going but I can't wait for the next one. I also read X-files conspiracy TMNT. Lol guilty pleasure of mine.

Edit: guess I'm all in with this comic thing. I have Remenders Uncanny X-force omni ordered along with All-New X-men volume 1, Batman the complete Hush and saga 1 and 2.

Plus a few comics I'm picking up monthly.

I have my pull list cut down to 35 with 4 of those ending by at the most summer time. With that pull, I have also been pulling Pandora, Constantine, Phantom Stranger, FE Argus, FE AW and a few more off the shelf. So I have been pulling 40+ comfortably financially. Come summer I'll have some room to add some new books. I have taken into account Superior going to Amazing and JLA going to United.

As much as I like Snyder, I'm pretty sure I will trade wait American Vampire. As much as I like the idea of a bunch of the new image books, I think I might trade wait most of them.

Of the 35 on my list, 21 are cape books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom