• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Planetary. God damn, that book was great. I'm going to have to sit with it for a while, and probably revisit it in a couple months, but that might be my all-time favorite. Just perfect. I loved Elijah Snow. My first thoughts when reading it were that it'd make a pretty cool x-files type show, but it obviously gets so much bigger to where you couldn't do the book any justice that way. Still, very cool characters and an awesome world.

After reading Batman RIP, I went with Power Girl next. Planetary is on deck though and I can't wait.

tim1138

It's not always front and centre at mainstream comic shops, but it is distributed by Diamond so you could always request it if you were so inclined. I bet you'd have a lot of fun with it, Tim.

It looks like Amazon has them in Kindle edition for like $5. Totally gonna check that out.

Unai

Might be a spoiller about what happens to a character in the Batman family, I guess.
In whick book does
Damian
die?

Do they post comic book figures in FigureGAF? I went back a few pages and only saw anime stuff.

Nvm, I see it now. Maybe I should go home and take pics of my stuff with the DSLR and post them in there.
DC Collectibles is on fire right now brah. Gonna be adding to my collection every month.

So do yhe BRPD hardcovers end with Plague of Frogs volume four?

Messi

Yes! Is what I would say if it was 2001, in high school and still considering my prospects.

image.php

Do they post comic book figures in FigureGAF? I went back a few pages and only saw anime stuff.

Nvm, I see it now. Maybe I should go home and take pics of my stuff with the DSLR and post them in there.

Yeah, pretty much all figures are welcome. There just happen to be tons more figures coming out based on anime and video games.

Also caught up on Henry and Glenn Forever and Ever. It's in it's second volume, with Tom Neely editing and contributing. Issue #4 drops Wednesday.

It's basically this collective anthology of stories about the imaginary love relationship between Henry Rollins and Glenn Danzig. And their devil-worshipping neighbours Hall and Oates. It's really funny and kind of sweet. It's, like, slice of life stuff. Mostly about the home life of these guys riffing off their real life careers and interests. Tom Neely has been doing this story about Glenn's mom and he draws her to look exactly like Miss Grundy from Archie. That's the typical funny weirdness of this book. I enjoy how varied the art can be from story to story, but how the relationship between the men is genuinely tender. Just a really cool, fun read.
man I saw an issue of that at my shop but i think it got snatched up. i wish i bought it.

Owzers

Fatale #20: These last few issues have been great, i semi-regret this being the last issue i pre-ordered. Still don't like the pacing of the story unravel. 9/10

Superior Spidey #26: Eh, about what i expected, nothing really stood out. Mediocre brawl, more
Parker whining
and clueless Avengers. I did like Otto's
bail out of the Avengers building when he quit, that was a fun moment.
6/10

She-Hulk #1: The art did wear on me in parts, and i also compared the digital copy to the print and the colors really pop on my ipad 3 compared to paper tree 3. Plotting was decent, some fun parts, I like
Stark's involvement and his automated lawsuit process
I'm not really sold on the series though, but i'll order the next couple issues. 7/10

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Not digging the new Punisher. I guess it doesn't hurt that I just re-read Ennis' run as well as Jason Aaron's.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Maaaaaaaan. Just finished the first Fraction Iron Man omnibus. The last issue of the last arc barely had any of the payoff in it. But I didn't really enjoy it enough to want to buy the next omnibus (at least, I don't want to buy it more than other things that are on my list of things to buy). So many unanswered questions. Haha
And I don't want to read spoilers either, since I figure I'll probably want to read the rest eventually.
Also, why did the colorist have to ruin Larroca's perfectly competent pencils? I really can't stand that realistic style of coloring. There's no art to it at all.

I'm really excited though. Tomorrow I'm planning to start Miller's Life and Times of Martha Washington.

I don't understand why there can't be 2 bat girls. I mean when GL and Batman books were selling at their peak there were a gazillion lanterns and an international army of batmen.

MartyStu

Apparently she's going to be a big part of Eternal. According to the preview in the last Batman anyway.

I am willing to bet money that she will somehow remember the pre-flashpoint universe.

Or is that wistful thinking?

Would also be a good time to bring back Wally. Or Dona. Just saying...

That's Batman Eternal art, right? Between Stephanie Brown, Harper Row, and Kingpin Catwoman, how am I to resist?

I like Harper, but I really do not see a future for her. Especially since there are plenty of other neglected/not-yet-reintroduced Bat characters..

ReiGun

I am willing to bet money that she will somehow remember the pre-flashpoint universe.

Wishful thinking. The old universe is gone. Time to let it go.

Wally is already coming back. No word on Donna.

I like Harper, but I really do not see a future for her. Especially since there are plenty of other neglected/not-yet-reintroduced Bat characters..
Eternal is going to be make or break for Harper. If Synder can't sell people on the character there, she's done once Snyder leaves.

Real wishful, she probably doesn't even remember Tim Drake.

As long as Snyder is writing Batman, Harper is here to stay most likely.

Time will tell. I'm not going to avoid a book with characters I like just because one of them might not have a future with the company.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Picked up a few Fantastic Four and FF from the Hickman sale. Never read his FF stuff before.

It's one of those great runs you have to read from the start. It's a really fun run, grab the whole thing if you can before you jump in.

I list therefore I am.

Aquaman 28
Batman Superman 8
Catwoman 28
Flash 28
FE ARGUS 5
Justice League Dark 28
Superman Lois Lane 1
Wake 6

Black Science 4
Deadly Class 2
Rat Queens 5
Sheltered 7

Superior Spider-Man 28

There is nothing to list but list itself.

Wake #6
TMNT #31
Black Science #4
Chew #40
Deadly Class #2
Elephantmen #54
Rat Queens #5
Walking Dead #122
Guardians of the Galaxy #12
Hawkeye #15
Wolverine and the X-men #42

Loke13

Picked up a few Fantastic Four and FF from the Hickman sale. Never read his FF stuff before.
It's got that whole grandiose feel that Hickman just brings to his books not to mention he comes up with some of the best ominous phrases
All hope lies in Doom

Yea. The Hell On Earth phase of BPRD will eventually get similar omnibus treatment but not unitl Hell On Earth is totally done and has been on the market for a bit.
I think I'm going to go all in then. He'll boy libraries and Brad fours. Finish my invincible ultimate collections and Scott pilgrim. Maybe 100 bullets or something too

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's got that whole grandiose feel that Hickman just brings to his books not to mention he comes up with some of the best ominous phrases
All hope lies in Doom

Man that was such a great run, there were a bunch of great lines. I love how it ended most of all.

You should know that if you haven't read Marvel's Cosmic stuff from the 00s that Hickman's FF run basically spoils and concludes several storylines from that stuff (Annihilation, War of Kings, etc.)

Rat Queens and Five Weapons are it for me, but i'm not caught up on either yet so i can go another week without buying any comics, thank god. Though One Hit Wonder sounds pretty neat. Superman: Lois Lane too, but I didn't really care for the last time Dan Jurguens drew a $5 Lois Lane story (it was an annual, but it was also by Lobdell, so).

Just got to the last page of #12 in Avengers Arena. WAT. I don't even. What does it even mean?! I would love if
everyone who had died so far wasn't dead, and Arcade let the remaining survivors chose between each other one person to have back,basically an inverse of the choice he made them make in issue 1. Pick one to live or they all die anyway. Then kill all the returnees for real haha. It would be the ultimate play off of the nature expectation that they're going to have a way to worm out of all these deaths. Prove the reader right....then kill them all for real haha.
This book gives you sadistic thoughts.

tim1138

I think I'm going to go all in then. He'll boy libraries and Brad fours. Finish my invincible ultimate collections and Scott pilgrim. Maybe 100 bullets or something too

If you're getting Scott Pilgrim, check out the new color versions. Nathan Fairbairn did amazing work as the colorist and they are super nice hardcovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom