• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking indie titles knocking it out if the park this week.

Black Science
The Wake
Rat Queens

All 3 have been excellent. Next Deadly Class.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Fantastic Four - I regret my morbid curiosity within two pages and Sues "I almost despise Reed now!" flash-forward. The dialogue reads like it was translated into Chinese and back into English. It is at times utterly unreadable. MARVEL NOW!

WatXM - God I know its coming back in some form, but this really is hitting those closing down feels and an end of a brief hopeful era for X-books and time for Wolverine to be ruined as a character for two years :(

Messi

When you read hero books do you have a voice in your head for that character or is it someone who has played the character in a movie ect. Like do you hear Kevin Conroy or Hamill for Batman and Joker, or Tara strong for Harley. I feel some of the characters are written to lean into that. Joker certainly is.

WaTXM

91SyRGx.gif

Man I'm gonna miss Jason Aaron, hopefully Latour can do justice in his own run. What a very satisfying conclusion

Fantastic Four - I regret my morbid curiosity within two pages and Sues "I almost despise Reed now!" flash-forward. The dialogue reads like it was translated into Chinese and back into English. It is at times utterly unreadable. MARVEL NOW!

Uh oh, I was planning on grabbing this today.

I think Fantastic Four was just really bland. Think I'm gonna go re-read Walt Simonson's Fantastic Four or some shit after that.

Robinson is 0-for-2 for me with his Marvel #1s. Lets hope Mark Waid is doing the heavy lifting on that Spider-Man OGN(whenever the hell that comes out)

WatXM - God I know its coming back in some form, but this really is hitting those closing down feels and an end of a brief hopeful era for X-books and time for Wolverine to be ruined as a character for two years :(
Oh shit Noccent ghost wrote it!?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Oh shit Noccent ghost wrote it!?

Here is the speech bubble that had me clawing my eyes out:

Reed: The problem is Foom's makeup is different now-- derived from both his own original Maklu IV genes combined with those of the lizards he used to create this new body after "dying" at one time.

I actually let out a little scream as my brain tried to ungarble it. Oh and of course no mention of why theyre wearing red now.

for fuck's sake, I don't have the first Simonson FF visionaries, but the second one is good. They have to go to an alternate universe in which they have to stop a nuclear war on the Soviet Union led by a 30-foot half-robot Josef Stalin

WelcomeToTheSovietUnion.jpg

SRG01

WatXM is rebooting later this year, right? Who's writing it again?

Fantastic Four - I regret my morbid curiosity within two pages and Sues "I almost despise Reed now!" flash-forward. The dialogue reads like it was translated into Chinese and back into English. It is at times utterly unreadable.

Have you never read a James Robinson book before? Earth 2 was the same when he wrote it.

Fucking Remender you glorious bastard. Deadly Class and Black Science on the same day. Deadly Class was amazing......again. Remender is masterful at world building without making any part feel like filler.

Marcus is aiming big!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Almost done with Flashpoint. Kinda meandering, looking forward to it getting shit done near the end because when it focuses, it's great.

Then...Sinestro Corps War time. I've been waiting for this for a while, very excited to dig in.

I need to see some of these pitches that were denied. How bad are they that they go with Robinson'ss FF, Gillen's Iron Man, Noccenti Catwoman or DeConnick's Pretty Deadly?

Superior Spidey 28 is as always a fun book to read. Lots of moving parts are slowly coming together. We know what happens but we don't know how and it's been fun to find out.

Pie and Beans

I need to see some of these pitches that were denied. How bad are they that they go with Robinson'ss FF, Gillen's Iron Man, Noccenti Catwoman or DeConnick's Pretty Deadly?

Gots to include Cornell's Wolverine in that shitpile. On the same day Aaron tries to make the definitive 'Wolverine has grown as a character' closer, Cornells right there trying to shitify him for the rest of all time.

ElNarez

Banned
I'll say this about F4: I felt an overwhelming sense of dread as I realized Robinson could write good fun Fantastic Four stories but has decided not to in order to spite suckers like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom