• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Owzers

giphy.gif

black science putting Yoda to sleep. I'm eight issues in, my main complaint is not liking any of the characters too.

Messi

It might work better for other communities with attention spans > 5 minutes.

People don't like being told when to read. Reading comics is meant to be enjoyable. Reading for a book club makes me feel like I am on he clock and puts me under pressure to look at it critically.

Oh and I read 10-15 comics a day, it's not an attention span thing.

PsychBat!

Banned
Today sucks already. Just awful for my self esteem.

But still, Corrin and Bayonetta in Smash later today, so I can't wait for that.

Enjoy your day, ComicGAF, hopefully the bookclub goes on.

Boogiepop

I really like Black Science from the first three trades, since I like reality hopping stuff. Sure, the characters aren't "likeable," but they're not really meant to be far as I can tell and it doesn't bug me at all.

Oh well, at least I still have the last Smash characters coming as a nice birthday present thanks to it randomly falling on today...

Edit: On the book club, I read a lot each day and I wouldn't like limiting myself, so if it's still alive then, I'll probably pop in near the end and read it all then, once I'm done with Lucifer...

shingi70

Banned

Action Comics #49
- Pretty Average stuff for Pak and Kuder who are usually a top tier Superman team. There's five issues left in this story so it can pick up but i'm not sure what Vandal Savage's final plan seems to be.

Batgirl #48 - This was a really great issue on both the writing and art fronts. We finally see Batwing back in costume timed perfectly too his appearance in Bad Blood, and we see the whole Gambit of the Babs world teaming up. The book dide a great job of book ending the issue with two action sequences and having the more slice of life stuff in the middle and connecting all three pieces to the puzzle. The only thing I was confused about was toward the end
Babs sees Fugue as Greg, but I can't tell if that is the real greg despite the last few issues pointing to him being the big bad.

Beautiful book but the writing is all over the place and the cast of characters are vile and wholly unlikable. This God World arc has been unbearably bad so far.

Remender has yet to give me one reason why I should give a shit about Grant so having his mommy and daddy issues shoved down my throat for 4 or 5 issues has been painfully boring.

Touché,,, I can agree with some of what you say..
I know at one point I even said the same thing,, about the story being all over the place,, bit confusing at times.
The art is stellar tho imo. Main reason I cant let go,,, plus Remender is a cool ass dude,, and writes some awesome chit

I actually really liked the second issue of God World (#18). I thought it was fantastic and fascinating. One of my favorites. I need to reread to give my specifics why I liked it so much,, But I just remember really digging that issue a lot.

arkon

I feel like the God World arc should have come sooner in Black Science, certainly the character work at least. It's actually kept me on-board till the end of the arc when I was close to dropping it to trade-wait status. I'm more conflicted about Grant now than at any other point where it became outright dislike (see the cliffhanger from when the series was on a break).

Still finding it hard to believe he would get involved in
an adulterous relationship after seeing and experiencing the effects and disastrous consequences with his own mother and father.
I guess there's still a few more layers to be peeled back and knots to be untangled in that... whole mess.

Batman & Robin Eternal had some interesting developments this week, not all of which I'm a fan of. I really feel like a huge part of the appeal of
Harper was that she was totally unrelated to all this; just a kid who some brains who stumbled onto the Bat and took it upon herself to get involved. Having her mother be killed by Bat-related shenanigans
takes away from that, IMO. Still, the rest of the issue was quite good.

Messi

Lets be honest, all the characters in Deadly Class are complete shitheads except Willie. You don't have to like the characters to want to read about them.

Lets be honest, all the characters in Deadly Class are complete shitheads except Willie. You don't have to like the characters to want to read about them.

Depends on if you're talking about terribly written characters, or characters written to be terrible.

Lol,, from what I gathered with talking to Remender,, and reading what he puts out... get used to him beating the shit out of his characters,, in many different ways

Messi

Lol,, from what I gathered with talking to Remender,, and reading what he puts out... get used to him beating the shit out of his characters,, in many different ways

Deadly Class has thought me not to get attached, it will lead to heartbreak.

I am too invested in Low, any deaths in the main cast would destroy me.

Messi

Prepare to be destroyed, then. I wouldn't consider anyone completely safe in that book.

Oh I know this and they have already been through so much. If they kill either of the girls and leave Stel alive, it will destroy me. The theme of hope above all else is so ripe for Remender to crush. I love that book.

While I don't like most of the people in Deadly Class, I find every one of them really interesting. In my opinion Willie is the only one who isnt a complete asshole. He seems to be a boy in over his head. He is always caught up in high school bullshit and then tries to act the hardass. The rest of them are so much more messed up. That said I haven't read the most recent issue so maybe Willie does some crazy shit but it would be out of his character. He is a chicken shit.

Sadist

A-Force #2 is fun; best Avengers book

Amazing Spider-Man #7 is cool too. Spider-Man #1 is a typical first issue. I do like how Jefferson is so cool about everything lol.

Walking Dead #151 got real

Venom Blast is now so out of control I'm considering it out of character for Tony Stark to not kidnap the kid and run tests on him all day.

Miles truly is the One Punch Man.

Oh I know this and they have already been through so much. If they kill either of the girls and leave Stel alive, it will destroy me. The theme of hope above all else is so ripe for Remender to crush. I love that book.

While I don't like most of the people in Deadly Class, I find every one of them really interesting. In my opinion Willie is the only one who isnt a complete asshole. He seems to be a boy in over his head. He is always caught up in high school bullshit and then tries to act the hardass. The rest of them are so much more messed up. That said I haven't read the most recent issue so maybe Willie does some crazy shit but it would be out of his character. He is a chicken shit.
Fucked up teenagers are the best teenagers. There not trying to hide how fucked up they are. I can relate a lot to these characters minus being a sociopath and having thoughts of a herpes family.
weird-ass way to spell "The Ultimates"
Y'all are funny.

The Vision is incredible. I honestly don't know how to make this story 12 issues at this consistently amazing quality, but if King manages it the book will be one of my favorite Marvel books ever.

TheFlow

Banned
Marvel I am reading now:

Doctor Strange

Iron man

Spiderman

I feel like I wanna read more but not sure what is good. P.s vision doesn't interest me sorry

Messi

Marvel I am reading now:

Doctor Strange

Iron man

Spiderman

I feel like I wanna read more but not sure what is good. P.s vision doesn't interest me sorry

What is it about Vision that turns you off?

I think you should read :

A-Force
Spidey (not amazing spider-man)
Totally Awesome hulk

I've only used IST once. What's the deal with the red circles?

They are used to torture good honest people.

Alonso talks Civil War II:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...next-big-event-civil-war-ii/?tid=ss_tw-bottom

Not only do the sides not match to each character's personality that's been developed over the years, the lack of planning on this screams disaster.
All New, All Different!
Marvel I am reading now:

Doctor Strange

Iron man

Spiderman

Squirrel Girl is Marvel's best ongoing

Top Bottom