• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Marvel I am reading now:

Doctor Strange

Iron man

Spiderman

I feel like I wanna read more but not sure what is good. P.s vision doesn't interest me sorry

WHAT, YOU DONT LIKE VISION!?

Mighty Thor is great, as is Cap Sam.

I've only used IST once. What's the deal with the red circles?

White means not picked. Half red-white means picked but not shipped. Full red means picked and shipped. It's torturous when they haven't picked one single book and you are waiting for the order to ship.

That new Bendis Spiderman did nothing for me. I used to love USM but it feels like Bendis's dialogue has gotten worse and worse as time goes on. It feels like every single panel needs to have quirky dialogue in it. Like.......for real? Dudes making a cat poop joke in the middle of a fight against Mephisto's son?

Slott Spidey was solid tho, ready for this Zodiac arc to be over with so we can get to the really cool stuff.

Calcium

Banned
White means not picked. Half red-white means picked but not shipped. Full red means picked and shipped. It's torturous when they haven't picked one single book and you are waiting for the order to ship.

Ah. They are still the go-to for online comic purchasing, right? I'll be making a large order very soon and I was going to go with them.

PsychBat!

Banned
whenever people say GOAT i assume they mean the actual animal.

I thought I did.

goat.png

shingi70

Banned
I love seeing Race tackles in cape books, but it doesn't seem like Miles being Black would be a big deal considering Spider-man has always been the people champ.

It's probably why I want a solo Simon Baz book moreso than Jessica Cruz.

VanWinkle

Pretty cool to see Sara Pichelli on the new Spider-Man series. I only know her from the Spider-Men miniseries, but I thought the art was FANTASTIC in it.

Man can we get one Miles story where the solution isn't "I'll just Venom Blast the guy and win"?

Every time.

I hope they take it away at some point.

It seems like general impressions of the Spider-Man book are everything is the same.

Probably a spoiler question but did anyone else survive Secret Wars besides
Miles' family and Ganke
?

Sandfox

Alonso talks Civil War II:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...next-big-event-civil-war-ii/?tid=ss_tw-bottom

Not only do the sides not match to each character's personality that's been developed over the years, the lack of planning on this screams disaster.
What's wrong with the sides? Also, its pretty funny that the cover for Civil War #0 just feed that GAF rumor.
Bendis went from selling 2k per month to Marvel's golden boy super quick

Scott Snyder came up in comics very quick even if he was a prose writer first iirc
That seems to be how a lot of modern comic writers are getting their start these days.
That Civil War 0 cover is teasing us.

Also, Tom King confirmed Vision is going 12 issues.
I'll be picking that up.
Vision and Strange were the shit. What's the word on Spider-Man?

I feel that Bendis cut back on the Bendis-speak, but a certain issue that was present in this current run was still present here, and hopefully it was just a demonstration of powers. I need to see more, but I'm hopeful

It would make more sense for Tony to take the authoritarian position than for Carol to do so. It feels shoehorned.

Frankly it doesn't make much sense for either of them to be there. Tony's been 'round that road before, didn't work out, and Carol doesn't strike me as the kind of person who'd be big on crimefighting via predestination.

Might have been better for the MacGuffin boy at the heart of this thing as the figurehead for the authority side, with a grab-bag of heroes and anti-heroes backing him up.

mreddie

Here's the big problem, Tony forgot Civil War 1 so unless he remembers Superior Iron Man, him taking the right side feels off but TONY GOTTA BEE GOOD BECAUSE MOVIE HAR HAR

Sandfox

It would make more sense for Tony to take the authoritarian position than for Carol to do so. It feels shoehorned.

Frankly it doesn't make much sense for either of them to be there. Tony's been 'round that road before, didn't work out, and Carol doesn't strike me as the kind of person who'd be big on crimefighting via predestination.

Might have been better for the MacGuffin boy at the heart of this thing as the figurehead for the authority side, with a grab-bag of heroes and anti-heroes backing him up.

If you want to believe the rumor it makes sense IMO, but we have to wait and see.

Top Bottom