• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

What converted you?
61F17hdQxvL._AC_UL320_SR210,320_.jpg
Yeah she's great. I need to read more of her solo, was up to issue #30ish or so. Watching her grow has been such a fun experience.
She's so cool and has such a unique growth. I love it.

mreddie

Could see Hellcat being cancelled.

Squirrel Girl does well in trades and the press seems to really enjoy it too, so they'll leave it alone. If they cancel it early I quit Marvel.

Hellcat might stay because there are even worst sales. Starbrand's book is doing worse along with Howling Commandos.

It's a Marvelicious list this week

All New Wolverine #5
Old Man Logan #2
Spider-Man/Deadpool #2
Totally Awesome Hulk #3
Jonesy #1 of 4

I admit, the Sorrentino art is the biggest draw for Old Man Logan. I've also been enjoying Hulk. Cho's art is lovely as always, and the Harley Quinn rip-off (
that is actually better than Harley Quinn
) is a pretty fun character.

I admit, the Sorrentino art is the biggest draw for Old Man Logan. I've also been enjoying Hulk. Cho's art is lovely as always, and the Harley Quinn rip-off (

It was my first exposure to Sorrentino, that I know of. I really did love the art of the first OML issue. I'll give it an arc to grab me, though the plot is not the type of thing I'm usually into. And, yeah, Hulk kind of hovers in my bubble but then I read it and just love it. Amadeus is a lovable character. He makes me chuckle. Not sure I'd be into it if the artist changed, though. Who is the Harley Quinn rip-ff? Deadpool?

Read through all of Nameless.

Glad I waited for it to finish before reading, but it was really good. Burnham's art was incredible and he did some truly disturbing work here. Not really into gory stuff but it suited the whole tone and story that Morrison made. Probably some of the most haunting stuff I've seen in a comic over the last year, just some really gross imagery.

Story itself was incredibly fascinating to follow as well. The various layers and mysteries being revealed throughout were very well told. I liked how non-linear the story was in general, but I can see it being kind of confusing month to month. Not really sure what to make of the ending myself. I normally don't think Morrison's stuff is very difficult to follow but this one got me at the end. Besides that it was pretty easy to follow.

Definitely grabbing the hardcover for this. Also need to get Annihilator so I'll probably just get em together. Good comic.

Mindwipe

I read through House of M the other day.

Remember when Pat Lee was a superstar artist? When putting his name on the cover was supposed to be helpful.

Look at the f****ing state of this. We slag off Greg Land, but seriously.

Messi

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Let her be in more than two issues before you make some statements you might regret later.

--

What is with the art in Ringside? Seriously I am wondering.

Owzers

SW Siege #2 tie-in on MU: This seems a little too weird for me to fully enjoy, it's not coming together, just has too many pieces that Gillen is fiddling around with.

Owzers

It does tho...

There is a high concentration of girly hijinx characters in the book, it could never betray you, the first two issues need more Leah. I don't like how the story flows, it reads like it's too invested in one-off flashes of things that occurred on the wall in the Abigail journal entries, when
McCoy got turned into weird whatever mutation thing
I'll read the rest of it to see what happens, same with Civil War.

It was my first exposure to Sorrentino, that I know of. I really did love the art of the first OML issue. I'll give it an arc to grab me, though the plot is not the type of thing I'm usually into.

oh man, you should definitely check out the New 52 I, Vampire series, then. Sorrentino was on that shit the whole way through. Really great stuff.

Messi

There is a high concentration of girly hijinx characters in the book, it could never betray you, the first two issues need more Leah. I don't like how the story flows, it reads like it's too invested in one-off flashes of things that occurred on the wall in the Abigail journal entries, when
McCoy got turned into weird whatever mutation thing
I'll read the rest of it to see what happens, same with Civil War.

Characters don't act in a hijinksy way in that book. I loved that book.

Owzers

Messi Alert!

Olivia Wilde is going to be on Colbert Late Show tuesday night. Same day Trump wins New Hampshire's primary. Coincidence?

edit: Siege is probably my favorite SW tie-in so far that i've read, but i haven't really liked any of them. Solid Random 6ish, i think i'm going to reread issue #1 and 2 again. So far i've read two Civil Wars, two Thors, all of Old Man Logan and Marvel Zombies. Weirdworld will be next on MU.

Busaiku

I don't want Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur to be cancelled.
I can live without Hercules or Angela, but not this.

Marvel pls.

Is the Truth arc in Superman an event or separate Superman stories all tied to everyone knowing his identity? I'm thinking of buying the first volume of Gene's Superman.

Owzers

Doctor Strange is starting to remind me of Aaron's Godbomb arc in Thor. It's delightfully weird.

i'm a little iffy on stories where an all powerful enemy is going around killing people, Godbomb from Aaron, then Spiderverse, and now Doctor Strange. I need to read issue #4 and 5 in my stack.

It all reminds me of Roman Reigns, if he's not superman punching two people standing next to each other how do we know he's strong?

Is the Truth arc in Superman an event or separate Superman stories all tied to everyone knowing his identity? I'm thinking of buying the first volume of Gene's Superman.

It's probably best to think of it as an event. The storylines are technically seperate, but there's an order to them and they converge to the same place.

Sadly. Woulda been a lot better if Pak had been free to execute on the stuff he was setting up in AC early on.

Midnighter #9

As always, super good issue. The art is just super on point. Always is, since I can always trust Midnighter to deliver me good fights. Have yet to encounter an issue I didn't enjoy.

Calcium

Banned
Just got my first Hellboy Library Edition in the mail. These things are niiiiiiiiiiiiice. I can't wait to finally read Hellboy. All I know about it is from the movies. Just gotta wait for IST to ship the other 5 books.

Aw, Moon Girl/Devil Dinosaur is super cute. Or, rather: fierce! That word aptly describes the titular characters Lunella and DD.

Also, my girlfriend would be crushed if this were to be cancelled.

Messi

Comicgaf has cancelled Freezasaurus. Please understand that she does not meet the publishing standards of ComicGAF Inc. We have more to announce soon, please keep an eye on your RSS feeds for the most up to date news.

Owzers

Comicgaf has cancelled Freezasaurus. Please understand that she does not meet the publishing standards of ComicGAF Inc. We have more to announce soon, please keep an eye on your RSS feeds for the most up to date news.

Freeza No More.

Calcium

Banned

Right. When will you be releasing the "Rebirth" teaser? Freeza'll be back.

Top Bottom