• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Messi

Are the posts on the Hawkeye book club thread being delayed to simulate the feeling of waiting for the book to release?

Vyer

YES. Finally came in. :D

rsz_imgp0754.jpg

rsz_imgp0756.jpg

So much of this will be new to me, and a lot of the olds paperbacks I had didn't even have color for the Sunday strips, so those will pretty much ALL be new to me, or at least fresh.

Man....I got to get that sometime.

Would be awesome to sit down and read, congrats.

Dalek

All-New, All-Different Avengers is without a doubt the best current Avengers book. Tons of great stuff happening in this issue.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hope we get a update of the story from the mother who wanted to take her boy to watch Deadpool.
Would love to see her reaction when she sits with him in the screening and everyone sees Reynolds
Penis
xD

Messi

I told you she was going to be on colbert and then i didn't watch it because i was hooked on warriors/rockets and political talk....so now i shall watch it, thanks. She's also going to be on the Daily Show tonight.

Awesome, that rockets vs golden state game was great. Stellar 3rd quarter.

All-New, All-Different Avengers is without a doubt the best current Avengers book. Tons of great stuff happening in this issue.

I found the first arc uninspired and boring. Dropped it after issue 3. Does it significantly improve from there or can I just assume you don't read Ewing's New Avengers?

Dalek

I found the verse arc uninspired and boring. Dropped it after issue 3. Does it significantly improve from there or can I just assume you don't read Ewing's New Avengers?

New Avengers has done nothing for me-that art is just distractingly bad. But I do love Ultimates.

Boogiepop

So, I just finished reading Lucifer last night. Really enjoyed it, although it's funny that at the tail end it reminded me that great as it is, Sandman is on a whole other level (than pretty much anything comics wise, honestly. God, I need to reread Sandman some time). But yeah, really good.
The thing with Izanami didn't exactly click with me 100% though, possibly because I was sleepy and half marathoning the last bits at that point. So she like slept with Lucifer to use his essence to rebirth herself, with the goal of becoming the "nemisis" of the new universe, opposite of Elaine? Is that it? Oh, and Mona being the goddess of hedgehogs is great and used to great effect throughout the few times it pops up.

If the Hawkeye book club is still alive enough for it to matter I could make that my next thing to read through, though there's the issue that I just kind of keep my own pace and the "one a day" or whatever is waaaay too slow for me. But I could read through and throw some stuff out maybe if it'd benefit that at all.

frye

Ewing has British Marvel writer's disease where he keeps getting paired with poor artists on his high profile books

Messi

Ewing has British Marvel writer's disease where he keeps getting paired with poor artists on his high profile books

I don't think its fair at all to call him poor.

I don't like Quitely's art but I don't feel the need to call him a poor artist. If people like him more power to them. I am glad they enjoy it.

Boogiepop

I asked about Guardians 3000 a few times and I don't think I ever got a response. So it IS good? If so I guess I'll look into trades for it...

PsychBat!

Banned
I read Guardians 3k. I think I was sort of alone on that one.

I loved it. I mentioned it once or twice while it was still going. It's not as good without Lanning (in comparison to the GotG DnA both did), but Abnett does a fine job on his own when it comes to writing Guardians.

Messi

Eh, I was out after the first issue. I've had enough fucking Avengers for one lifetime.

oh my lord.

You must have been shocked to find Avengers in an Avengers book.

I read the first two issues if guardians 3000 but dropped it when I realized Gamora and Rocket weren't going to be in it and it was about a bunch of scrubs I didn't care about.

TheFlow

Banned
YES. Finally came in. :D

rsz_imgp0754.jpg

rsz_imgp0756.jpg

So much of this will be new to me, and a lot of the olds paperbacks I had didn't even have color for the Sunday strips, so those will pretty much ALL be new to me, or at least fresh.
lucky bastard I keep missing the window to order this on amazon before they are sold out.

mreddie

All New Wolverine was kickass and not just because my girl was in it and talked shit to Strange.

Ms. Marvel, SMRT!

Weirdworld looks pretty...that's it.
Dropped.

SHIELD rushed to Standoff quick. The whole AXIOM subplot is just stopped for now

jackdoe

Ahhhhh

Well, it was a fantastic run. If the rumor about King replacing him at least the book'll be in good hands.
I'm hoping the rest of the run is collected in Absolute format. I double dipped and bought Court of Owls in Absolute and Capullo's art looks great in oversized format.

Messi

Still deep cover and now a goblin

I checked out her art, her archie stuff I had seen before. Her art is really close to Stacey lee, so thats awesome. Shes on the next issue too. I wish she was the other artist on Silk not Ford.

Amanda Conner did interlocking covers for Batman #50 and Superman #50, showcasing DCs Trinity.

C124819.jpg

besada

Banned
Are the posts on the Hawkeye book club thread being delayed to simulate the feeling of waiting for the book to release?

I feel bad because I started the re-read and couldn't stop myself. I read the whole thing in one evening. I should go post.

Can I just say that Doctor Strange continues to be one of my favorite Marvel comics at the moment? Last issue was brutal!

Also loving Vision, and Sheriff of Babylon and Unfollow over at DC/Vertigo. Really good stuff.

I asked about Guardians 3000 a few times and I don't think I ever got a response. So it IS good? If so I guess I'll look into trades for it...
One of the only standard cape books I'm reading at the moment. If you liked Giffen and DeMattias on classic Bwahahaha JLA, this should be a good fit for you.

Messi

ANAD Vision vs ANAD Dr Strange books in a knife fight. Who wins?

I do believe those two books are the best books in ANAD so far. Invincible Iron Man is prob third for me.

Top Bottom