• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Owzers

Do you enjoy Bachalos art? For me it's some of his best art. It's just wonderful.

Usually, not in issue #5 though, i liked the art in the mansion tour issue back is #2/3 but i think my disappointment with the story is creeping into the art because i don't think what's going on is that interesting. The enemies pop out of white balls with black noodle strings, not exactly a visual force, but i do like his style which is why i liked Uncanny X-men enough.

What are the chances of Zoolander 2 being good? Comedy sequels....

The Ultimates #4:

NmDaKHp.gif

JTripper

Batman #49 was pretty good but honestly felt like it should have been so much more for some reason, idk. I felt like there was a lot of missing weight to the issue that it needed. Maybe it's Paquette's art since I don't like it that much and I'm so used to Capullo. The white and gold Batsuit was pretty rad though.

I thought the
Grant Morrison-esque "multiple Batmen"
idea was kind of cool but also felt like it didn't really fit in. I just didn't feel like I was reading Snyder when those parts came up. The issue as a whole felt more like a guest issue, and I know it also credits both Snyder and Tynion with writing credit, so maybe Tynion had more of a hand in it than Snyder did since maybe he's putting most of his focus on #50 and #51.

Anyway, I'm still super excited for issue 50 as I always am, especially for arc conclusion issues by Snyder and Capullo. I'm pretty sad that they only have 2 issues left together though despite Snyder supposedly still working on the character after Capullo leaves. I hope they return to Batman together someday in some form.

besada

Banned
Freezasaurus said:
Strange has been fantastic so far, and Bachalo's art works perfectly for the book. I've also been enjoying Vision immensely. It's a much darker book than I was expecting before ANAD began. I thought it would be a slice-of-life hijinks book, but it turned out to be a much more thoughtful comic than that.

As for DC, have you checked out Clean Room? I've found that to be a very intriguing book so far.
Yeah, and I've been enjoying it, too. There are a bunch of good Vertigo books out at the moment.

Reading some more Love & Rockets.

Love the sense of progression and growth you see among the cast throughout this series. I'm still very early on and it's just great to see.

It is so nice to see someone reading L&R.

I picked up all of the Locas stuff last year and I've been (slowly) making my way through it. I've been really enjoying it, especially the artwork. Jaime's just such a good cartoonist, especially with how he draws facial expressions. It's hard not to get sucked in while reading it.

I want to read Beto's stuff too, but I figure I should read through this before really diving into Palomar. I did pick up the new book that Fantagraphics put out today that collects a bunch of random L&R stuff by him and read through a little and his art's also really good! Makes me more excited to get to Palomar lol

besada

Banned
I picked up all of the Locas stuff last year and I've been (slowly) making my way through it. I've been really enjoying it, especially the artwork. Jaime's just such a good cartoonist, especially with how he draws facial expressions. It's hard not to get sucked in while reading it.

I want to read Beto's stuff too, but I figure I should read through this before really diving into Palomar. I did pick up the new book that Fantagraphics put out today that collects a bunch of random L&R stuff by him and read through a little and his art's also really good! Makes me more excited to get to Palomar lol
Palomar is excellent, too. It's very different, but has the same strong characters and long term growth. And Beto's art is just lovely. I'm a little jealous you're getting to see it all fresh:)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Looks amazing. When the price wouldnt have jumped 100€ higher, I would now buy the Deadpool Omni with all these Minis.
I would even buy the digitals, but Marvel doesnt fix the fucking Login.

If anyone gave up on James Bond after the second issue, like I did, I highly recommend picking it back up. #4 was the kind if Bond comic I was expecting from Ellis.

kmfdmpig

Why do people think Gwen's underage.

When an article dials hyperbole up to 11 why not fudge someone's age a bit to suit a narrative. Some of the points made in that article are important, but the overstatement of so much of it sure weakens the arguments in my eyes.

kmfdmpig

What for an article?

I'm not sure what you mean here.
The article is this.
http://www.tcj.com/the-tcj-2015-year-in-review-spectacufuck-part-ii/

I think that it makes good points, but does so in an extremely hyperbolic way which undercuts their effectiveness.

Starfire's "canceled" (aka reaching its pre-planned end), it looks like.

http://comicsalliance.com/palmiotti-conner-starfire-cancellation-interview/

That's a shame. That's been my go to DC fun book the last few months.
Any good recommendations for good lighthearted comics? I'm already reading Transformers MTMTE (which sometimes fits that bill, and is always good)
Ms. Marvel
and
JL3001

VanWinkle

Any good recommendations for good lighthearted comics? I'm already reading Transformers MTMTE (which sometimes fits that bill, and is always good)
Ms. Marvel
and
JL3001

Have you tried Gotham Academy? It's one of my favorites.

Owzers

The article is this.

I think that it makes good points, but does so in an extremely hyperbolic way which undercuts their effectiveness.

Ms. Marvel
and
JL3001

You could look into Howard the Duck and Squirrel Girl. Patsy Walker Hellcat is kinda okay too.

The article is this.

Ms. Marvel
and
JL3001
Check out Gotham Academy. Excellent, generally lighthearted, and definitely not being canceled.

kmfdmpig

Have you tried Gotham Academy? It's one of my favorites.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot. I loved the start of Wolverine and the X-Men, which was centered around a school, so Gotham Academy sounds good.

Check out Gotham Academy. Excellent, generally lighthearted, and definitely not being canceled.

It sounds good. I'll give it a shot.

You could look into Howard the Duck and Squirrel Girl. Patsy Walker Hellcat is kinda okay too.

Thanks! I'll check out Howard the Duck. I know that a lot of people like Squirrel Girl, but the art just doesn't work for me. I'm glad others like it, but it's just too off-putting to me.

Bii

If anyone gave up on James Bond after the second issue, like I did, I highly recommend picking it back up. #4 was the kind if Bond comic I was expecting from Ellis.

You serious? I read #3 and thought everything leading up to that issue was boring/predictable. Guess I'll have to go back and pick up #4.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Just got an e-mail from CMX offering $5 off on my next purchase of Image Comics over $15. So I went ahead and picked up Pretty Deadly #2-8 and Rocket Girl #7

Amazing BvS trailer, I'd like to think they'll be dropping that Rebirth news today or tomorrow.

My bar is pretty low at this point. Just having JSA confirmed with a writer I like would be sufficient for me.

Top Bottom